Upcoming Supporter Changes Ideas | Price Poll

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Aikar, Jun 27, 2014.

?

What Prices would you be ok with paying as a Supporter

Poll closed Jul 14, 2014.
10 Supporter | 10 Cosmetic 96 vote(s) 39.0%
10 Supporter | 15 Cosmetic 35 vote(s) 14.2%
15 Supporter | 10 Cosmetic 34 vote(s) 13.8%
15 Supporter | 15 Cosmetic 5 vote(s) 2.0%
One Rank | 20 17 vote(s) 6.9%
One Rank | 25 3 vote(s) 1.2%
One Rank | 30 3 vote(s) 1.2%
I am unable to support the Empire 53 vote(s) 21.5%
  1. Figures. One of these days, I'll sit down and read that EULA and go over it with a fine tooth comb. If there's a loophole, believe me, I will find it.
  2. heres the problem. Mojang has based everything off of opinion.

They have the ability to have the opinion that any loophole still goes against their rules and still shut you down.

Were not talking about being sued. Mojang isn't going to sue everyone. The "Lawyers" comment was not officially said by them, just loud mouthed employees on Twitter.

But, they can do just as good by shutting down session server access, which it doesn't matter if its 'legally' a loophole. They have the right to terminate it anyways.
  3. Any way to mask perks for $?

Other than trying to push everyone on to their Realm servers, there is no point to any of this. Notch was a hero to sandbox game communities around the world. We (current/former owners) further pushed his game along, helping him make millions, upon millions of dollars. If it wasn't for the community, this game wouldn't be as far along as it is today vanilla. The people he once cared about, gave him the (stolen) ideas to implement in each update. You don't bite the hand that feeds.

I'm willing to bet that his profits will slow to a trickle once they force everyone to Realms, and the EULA will be re-written again to retract this crap.
  4. "Between now and sometime in the future".

My lifes way too busy to say for sure we can actually make the deadline, but we've clearly shown we are working to comply fully with the EULA.

Mojang would have to be insane to shut down a server that is actually working on complying fully, just because they are too busy and missed the deadline.

Can't expect everyone to go cancelling family plans and vacations just to comply. I surely am not.

I have so much going on this month (going to krysyys next week!, but this is going to be a semi-vacation too.... I'll get to do some EMC stuff but I won't have my desktop so kind of hard to work at full effeciency), that there is a high chance we won't fully make the Aug 1st deadline.

But, I'm not worried about it. This thread shows Mojang were going to comply fully, so we are not a threat to them.
    PenguinDJ, mba2012, 607 and 2 others like this.
  5. Aikar and Maxarias' meeting with Krysyy will be held this week :) at least that's what Krysyy told me
  6. I have marked up the upgrade page with notes about upcoming changes to give warning to new supporters.

Also - We have added 2 new options to purchase on the upgrade page - changes are coming to max res perk, so that everyone can earn more than the base 1, but players can purchase additional max res's now and be grandfathered in, getting up to 6 Residences!

See: http://empireminecraft.com/threads/new-supporting-options.41103/
  7. Got a question, will the queue on Utopia count for all free players, or will former supporters/anyone with residences on Utopia skip the queue?
  8. I haven't been here for very long, but I'm a little bummed I'd have to spend and extra $10 a month to keep my name gold in addition to the supporter rank I already have. :c
    Gotta pay the EMC bills though. :p
  9. All free players. It will be the primary incentive to maintain supporter.
  10. You will have a fancy + though :) similar to the staff * but after the name instead
  11. You will continue to pay. We are just changing the ranks around, and existing subscriptions will "translate" to the new ranks. So some perks will change around, but the overall "Pay monthly for perks" still will be the case

There will be many perks to Utopia added, including things like bonus tokens and XP potential, increased chance at loot, increased spawn rates, etc, giving a lot of incentive to play on Utopia.

However if you are not a supporter, chances are you will be waiting in the queue to get on as the server will be full.

You will meet all age requirements to keep access to the waste/frontier, so nothing much should change for you other than receiving even more benefits on Utopia.
  12. Next week...I need to clean house =P
    PenguinDJ, mba2012 and jkjkjk182 like this.
  13. So I have 3 kids that play online with me I support the empire but I can't afford to pay for all my kids. I finally got all our residences next to each other. Is the new change going to make it so everyone has to pay or is there still the free play option for those who can't pay? Will any of the residences get unclaimed or will everything stay the same unless they go derilect?
  14. You keep all your reses unless the reses go derilect
  15. Everything will stay the same.
    Your kids are able to earn 2 res vouchers for free which expand their res-max to 3.

If they were ever supporters, their default res-max will be 2 and they can use the res vouchers to expand their res-max to 4.
  16. I've noticed a lot of people saying that they will have problems moving Residences if the maximum is going to be static. Currently, a non-Supporter can buy Gold and have a month where he can move items from one Residence to another.

Could we have a way to temporarily purchase an increase to our maximum allowed Residences for a month? Let's say I am at my max and want to move a Residence to another server. I could get a Voucher, claim a Residence and move my stuff, then unclaim the original or a different one if I have more.

I can see problems with it if someone doesn't take care of things or can't. There would probably need to be some penalty for running out of time, like losing the new Residence. Or maybe they could be Locked out on Permissions until they notify Staff on which Residence delete. Actually, I'm not sure I like the idea anymore unless there is a fair way to enforce someone only using one temporarily...

Another option could be that in addition to buying a Voucher we could also trade in a Residence for a Voucher, it would allow someone who only wants to use a Residence temporarily to have access for storage or whatever. This could also allow people to sell or give them away, or to use a Residence temporary events like drop parties.

This may be looking a ways into the future but potentially the Residence could be Locked when it is traded in as an option, then transferred with contents intact (like a Deed or Sales Contract) allowing other interesting transactions.
  17. Senior Staff can move residences including cross-server now.
    http://empireminecraft.com/wiki/senior-staff-services/#whole-res-to-res-move

Other than that. I don't exactly understand what you are suggesting. The residence move can involve claiming a new one - while un-claiming the old one.
  18. Aikar for the TNT have specail staff TNT that works in the wild but u have to get it from staff and u have to tell them ur use for it
  19. How's this: If I would like to give up a Residence could I have a Voucher for another? If so, can I then give that Voucher to another player? I mentioned other variations but that is essentially it.

Let's say that I don't want to pay 150k Rupees or whatever the fee is to move a Residence. Let's say I only have one and want to claim a new Residence then build something there but don't want to permanently have two Residences. If I have to unclaim Residence One in order to claim Residence Two, where do I keep my "stuff"? If I could pay $5 or something to have BOTH my old and new Residences for a month I would not have to worry about this.
    607 likes this.
  20. I think u have to own the old a new res they copy ur old res put it on the new res then they unclaimed the old res