Upcoming changes to the official Empire AFK Policy

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by Aikar, Jan 24, 2014.

1. The changes I have in mind will be smart enough to even detect auto clickers.

Simply go back to the alts window at least once every 20 minutes and do something and you'll be fine.

You will need to do something more than clicking/hitting, just show some natural activity every 20 minutes and you'll be fine.
  2. Hmmm, not quite sure if I like this...
    dresden72 and Luckygreenbird like this.
  3. wait.. if blocks will not tick does this mean auto sugarcane farms will also be affected?
    this will also affect mob spawners i guess
  4. Okay that's good, so there's no legal ramifications (besides using illegal methods) so the policy is perfect IMO
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  5. Ok good, I can always go plant/cut down some trees or harvest carrots. :)
    607 likes this.
  6. PERFECT! :D We need to put this into effect right away! :D same with the economy thing hehe
    cutejuliew likes this.
  7. Excellent!

I don't mind not AFKing, as long as the rest of EMC cannot also. :) Fair for everyone.

Thanks Aikar.
    Pab10S, Kells18 and chickeneer like this.
  8. Please tell me I'm not the only one who thinks this'll drive players to leave. To me, this is insane. Take the vanilla out of EMC why don't cha. It seems like Aikar is turning this to not a sandbox game. There are so many restrictions, only thing I enjoyed building on emc is my gold farm, and now it makes no sense to even own one. I put hundreds of thousands into that farm, and now I'm not able to take advantage of something I slaved over for weeks? Just seems insane to me to even consider this.
  9. :( you should be able to ask for special permission to be afk for ages ;) but seriously its a bummer for all gold/iron farm owners again... :/
  10. Yay! The Iron Economy is finnaly going to be back to normal! 18r Iron here I come! :D
    maxthegreat2 and xothis_dwarf like this.
  11. No. :) Why do some get special permission and not others? Please explain why some players should have special permission?
    ZBSDKryten and 607 like this.
  12. I can agree to some extents because even I put time into this farm, For those who have not seen this farm, it is not your average gold farm at all. As much as I think AFKing is way out of hand, as Aikar said even if we limit it for the time being. I dont think this policy should go into effect for the time being, I think leave it alone for a bit and we can come back to it later on.

I mean iron is WAY out of proportion, but gold still sells for 10+r each which even if you are mining is alot. I know that both are the reason for this policy if only it was an afk in the overworld only type thing.

Gold farms cost 500k+ on average if it is a good one, you can make yourself a 32 cell iron farm for maybe 100k.

Anyways, the school bell is ringing in about 4 minutes so I am gonna go shut this computer down.
    PandasEatRamen likes this.
  13. I was joking :p
    NZScruffy likes this.
  14. The Farm still will work 100% unless Mojang themselves does something to it...

The only difference is you won't be able to sit there and let it collect resources while you sleep or go to school. Use it while your playing the game and it will work fine.
    Pab10S, 607 and AlexChance like this.
  15. So you mean you can be playing as your alt in one window and playing on your account on another window. Every once in a while just move your alt so you will not be marked afk?
    AlexChance and bitemenow15 like this.
  16. I am no oppose to not be able to AFK all the time, but from being able to afk 24/7 to just 30min?
    I think Jcplugs has a point, too many restrictions might drive people away.

Maybe let supporters be able to afk for a longer time? That, im sure, will lead to more people wanting to be supporters.

And 1.8 wont break iron farms, its just how doors are added to villagers, meaning the iron trench wont work (never worked on emc anyways)
  17. Being able to AFK literally 24/7 is too much in my opinion. The policy isn't "hey, after 30 minutes you're cut off from any grinding at all" it's "hey, after 30 minutes everything will basically stop working, so you'll need to come back and move around for a bit (or do it before the 30 minutes is up)." :)

I grind too, but not as extremely, so I can relate. It'll be for the best though.

If 30 minutes seems like too little, maybe after a while it could just be changed to 1 hour. :)
    Pab10S, mba2012 and Importerer like this.
  18. A lot of paid supporters have spent a lot of time and rupees and resources making farms that use vanilla Minecraft AFK to help earn returns on their investment.
    They enjoy the challenge of building these farms and building these farms consumes large amounts of resources which helps the economy.
    30 minutes is way too low and policies like this Do lead to supporters leaving.
    If enough supporters leave, then how will EMC be free for everyone else?
    I hope a more reasonable time is allowed.
    Going from 24 hours to 30 min is extreme.
    Also, why is this a higher priority than Dragon Tombs and Wild Land Claiming?
  19. 30 minutes is a long time...

If your wanting to sit for 24 hours without playing, you're already not "playing" on EMC. This policy will help bring those people back to playing.

essentially.
  20. maybe no time out in utopia wild but most farms arent in utopia :/
    Edit: gah mah dia supporter just ran out :( time to save up :p