Upcoming changes to the official Empire AFK Policy

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by Aikar, Jan 24, 2014.

1. lol it would fix so many things if we had 1.7 generation everywhere lol. as a multiple outpost owner and participant id love to have the wild reset one last time, give me like 2 weeks and i could get almost everything out. i dont think it would ever happen tho cause theres so many others that simply dont have a town to go home to and store whatever they have worked on out there, not to mention the hours of planning.

ill admit to afking on rare occasions, i usually am just doing other things liek watching square at the moment but every once in a while ive afked and gone to bed. i think for myself atleast thats largely unfair to others particularly if the server starts to get filled and im a supporter. also i always felt kind of dirty cheating the system like that. but i started playing minecraft before villagers did anything useful so im used to toiling in endless mines
  2. Yes! I always did not like afk stuff because the prices would go so low and really make me not want to compete with others. This will defiantly help get the economy back to normal :) thanks Aikar
  3. I've never felt that afk'ing was "cheating the system" on EMC. If you ask me the way the server is set up (economy based, allowing alts, having auctions where you can only sell a DC at a time!) encouraged it.

I just don't like the fact that I built things with one set of rules in mind and now those things are not as useful.

Why should I spend any more time building things if I'm not confident that you won't enact new rules that will make my creations obsolete?

If you discouraging people from afk'ing, why are you not banning the use of alts? It's not like someone can actively play on 2 accounts simultaneously. Is it because you would lose too much money from people with alt supporter accounts?
  4. Alts are not only used for afk'ing... Alts are for more residences, double voting bonus, et most likely cetera.
  5. There has always been a rule against AFKing, but it has just been very relaxed recently.
    If you feel like your current farms are obsolete, I will gladly take them off your hands for free since they are apparently worthless. I will then use them, and visit my computer roughly once every half hour, and then do some very easy task for a few minutes, and repeat the cycle a half hour later.
  6. Completely off topic but related to this post :p Are you using an alias plugin or editing the built-in aliases in "spigot.yml"? If the latter, could you possibly show me how to do so? Whenever I try to do it, it never works, so I need to use the former. :)
  7. so relaxed it's not even listed a rule on the website
    cddm95ace and PandasEatRamen like this.
  8. note - i said it earlier but repeating and editting OP - I'm delaying this till after DT.