Unfortunately, after 2 years as staff...

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by JDHallows, Aug 2, 2018.

1. Congratulations on 2 years of being a staff member! :) I always think you're one of the better staff members. :)

Thanks for hosting this givaway! :)

1 - How is your education to becoming a developer going? (good luck! :))
    2 - How are you doing ((today/yesterday))? :)
  2. Congratulations :)
    The most important question:
    Are you still looking to buy quartz ;)
  3. Congratulations!
    What's your second favorite letter of the alphabet?
  4. Congrats JD!
    Do you like eggs?
    Do you eat eggs?
    How do you like your eggs?
  5. Click-baiting me usually isn't necessary, as I click most threads I see anyway. :p
    So, personal question, I was considering whether I should ask it publicly but I can try. :p When and why did you 'convert' (to Christianity)? If there's no particular moment that's fine, but then it's probably got something to do with how you were raised? Then that could be interesting to hear as well. :)
  6. Congrats and my question what made u desire to change u name
    If that's what u mean
    2. Why don't we see events in the morning of emc-time bacuase i don't play when the events are on its like 11pm when they are on (wow that seemed like a complaint I'm solo sorry)
  7. Oh I just thought of this do u like pineapple on pizza?
  8. Ditto... otus beat me to it.. lol

So yes congrats as you are a great member of the team... and have to agree the space events are pretty cool.
  9. Have you read the HP books yet?...
  10. Congrats and thank you for everything you do as a player and staff member ^_^

What's your favorite book series and tv show? =)
    JDHallows and luckycordel like this.
  11. Nice job on the 2 years.

Question. How many more years do you think you got in you? Which staff head is your favorite?
  12. The terrible two's have passed! Time to celebrate!

Oh right, a question. How long did you play before you became a staff?
    If you don't know that, then what was the smp/server you first started on?
    If you don't know that... then what's the craziest thing you've seen happen on EMC? :D
    JDHallows, Dufne, luckycordel and 2 others like this.
  13. Haha! Happy 2 years!
    What is your favorite promo?
  14. Happy 2 year anniversary of staffing!

Do you enjoy clickbait?
  15. If you had a magic wand what would be the first speel you cast with it?
  16. Hehe, yeah I plan to stick around for a long while yet ;)

My favorite music genre is probably pop/rap - I love songs where the artist transitions between singing and rapping in the song, or any mixture of the two :p

I answered this earlier as well, but my favorite song is Hills and Valleys by Tauren Wells, but my favorite album, well. I don't usually pick music by 'album' cause I rarely enjoy every song on an album by an artist, but if I were to pick one it would be Evolve by Imagine Dragons. I enjoy quite a few of the songs in that album.

Thanks! :D

Surprisingly not! My profile picture is *actually* an accurate portrayal of the way I look irl :eek: Not to mention I modeled my in-game skin on the way I look, too!

My favorite block is probably going to be stone, but more specifically the stone slab. I love the variations and options that a simple block of stone gives you, and I personally love the texture and look of the simple stone slab. It looks great in almost any build and is a great way to accent your build.

Though a close second would have to be the red netherbrick block. I love the red color of that block and the way it looks.

Thanks ;)
    1. It's going well! I have 1 year of school left irl before I get my degree, but working with Aikar on the dev team has given me amazing experience that I couldn't get just from school.
    2. I'm doing well :D

Always! hehe, jk, no not as much anymore :p I've been building more with stone bricks recently!

Thanks :D Hmm, that would have to be 'Z' for reasons from a childhood school performance...

Thanks!
    I love eggs!
    I eat them quite a lot - fried, boiled, scrambled, and cooked into numerous other awesome food items
    Fried eggs and toast is one of my fav breakfast meals, so def fried.

Indeed, lol! Although in this case, the clickbait was for the reaction not the click ;)

I don't mind answering that, either :) I was raised that way, didn't really "convert" in that sense. There was probably a moment when the whole thing became more important to me, though I can't pinpoint it more than it being my 9th grade year of High School (so probably 14/15 at the time).

Thanks! Yeah my name used to be jhall10, I changed it to JDHallows about 5 months after I started here. Why I changed it? Well, jhall10 was literally the most boring name - it was my username for my login for my college stuff :rolleyes: After playing here for 5 months and realizing how awesome this place was, I decided it was time I got a real username that I felt represented my personality. Thus, after 3 days of notes and numerous random names, JDHallows was created, and I've loved the name since! :D

Morning time doesn't see as many events typically because 1. I'm not around at that time of the day, usually. My EMC availability isn't usually until after noon EMC time and 2. We get more players in the later times as well, so we try to host when more players are online.

Send me a pm though, of what times would work best for you to host events. I'll see what we can do ;)

I don't like pineapple on my pizza, no :confused: The only toppings I want on my pizza, is pretty much just meat, lol

Thanks! and yeah, my answer to that is just above as well, first question answered in this post ;)

And because of this thread, I started talking with Toade last night about Space Event 3! We have some ideas in mind and plans, so stay tuned :p

Sort of - I have read books 5-7, but simply because I wanted to know how it ended and the movies weren't out yet :p I need to go back and read the whole series though, at some point.

Favorite book series - the Inheritance Cycle by Christopher Paolini. These are the books that gave me my passion and love for reading :)
    Favorite tv show - Oh gosh, this is hard because there are so many! Alright, I'm going to have to split this into 2 answers to fully justify this question:
    My favorite "kids" tv show would be Avatar: The Last Airbender (in fact I'm rewatching that series for the 2nd time right now xD).
    My favorite "regular" tv show is The West Wing (just rewatched that for the 2nd time a few months ago, lol). Although, depending on how future seasons go the currently airing tv show Madam Secretary may take that spot, though again it depends on how future season(s) go.

Oh I have plenty of years left, for sure! My goal is to be here as long as EMC is here ;) My favorite staff head would probably have to be Math's - I like that funny duck face, lol.

Terrible twos?! I guess so, it has been a pretty crazy 2 years xD
    I was a player for about 1 year + 4 months before I got the staff promotion.
    I started on SMP1, though I quickly switched to SMP7 because that was where both my brothers started when they joined about 30 minutes after I did. I have since considered SMP7 my home, and I have loved every moment there :D
    The craziest thing that I've seen happen on EMC is the night Mojang got DDOS'ed, and so anyone who wasn't already connected could not connect to the server. I was one of the lucky few who was still online, so I stayed on most the night and started a revolution (was pretty short lived, since there weren't any staff to rebel against), then we had a party on SMP8 and went boss hunting in the Frontier afterwards.

My favorite promo is the Fish Bowl, for sure - My favorite promo would of course be the one received from my favorite event :D

Thanks!
    I don't typically enjoy clickbait :p But once I had the idea for this thread, I couldn't not do it xD

Expecto Patronum, so I could see what my patronus is :D
    fBuilderS, CarFryer, cTJx and 6 others like this.
  17. The best thing about EMC is definitely the community, and annoying staff otherwise. :p

Question: Derp?
  18. So, How much wood can a would chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood? Just kidding.

Got any more interestingly unique games in the works for /games?
  19. JD i'm astonished at your click baiting skills and also remember

Fish are friends not food

and what is your favorite food?
  20. heres my question : whats ya fav animal