Unfortunately, after 2 years as staff...

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by JDHallows, Aug 2, 2018.

1. Congrats on 2 years, mate :)

If you were asked to work in a technology Think Tank group, would you do it? if not, why?
    JDHallows, luckycordel and MoreMoople like this.
  2. Agreed, I have stayed because of the amazing community (and have become a part of the sometimes annoying/troll-ish staff ;)). And derp.

If the wood chuck could chuck, it would chuch as much wood as it could chuck when chucking wood.

Nothing at the moment - First step is going to be getting ready for 1.13, since it will break every game currently the Games server. Once we get those all working, we can consider new games :)

But fish taste so good :eek: My favorite food is pizza though, can't pass up a good pizza ;)

Barn owls, mainly because of a book series I read involving them (Guardians of Ga'hoole, one of my favs)

Hrm, you asked a question, but it's not directed at me... This breaks all the natural law of an AMA! I have no idea how to respond to this post :eek:

Hehe, yes that was the intention :p No worries though, I'm not leaving for a long while yet ;)

I actually don't like bottles, would much rather drink out of a cup or glass.

Rofl I love it! xD

I actually do not like fan fiction - if it's not written by the original author, I'm not interested.There are so many actual stories to read, that I'd rather just find a new series by a new author, rather than read fan fiction.

I actually have mine to a point where it's actually not that OP. It takes a while to kill me, but it's possible ;)

Barn Owl :) Answered above as well, but as I said it's because of a book series I read, Guardians of Ga'hoole, that I love barn owls so much.

Blue and white :)

We can say 1 week from post day, so would be August 9th at midnight that night :p

Thanks! I actually answered a similar question to this one earlier, so let me quote that response:

So what you're saying is, you want more clickbait?

Hotdogs are not sandwiches - calling it such a thing is demeaning to the hotdog.

Thanks! :D

Answered this just up above ^ So here :p -
    #BringBackTheWoodchuck

Thanks, I'm glad to hear that :D

Because the people who sell the hot dogs also sell the hot dog buns :p So they put in 2 extra hot dogs, so you have to buy another package of hot dog buns. But now that you bought extra hot dog buns, you need more hot dogs... and so on ;)

JDHallows is a combination of my irl name and my favorite series, Harry Potter ;)
    DHallows = Deathly Hallows (from Harry Potter)
    JDH = initials for my irl name
    Hall is my last name, so that's in there too

I won't play jazz specifically, but if jazz is playing I do enjoy it :)

Because I was awake at 1am! :D and thanks!

(Let me know if I missed anybody's question ;) And keep them coming :D If you have more, ask away!)
    jaqque, simcity2000, 607 and 5 others like this.
  3. Thanks!

I probably would just to experience it :p No idea how long I would stay for though, I guess it would depend on if I enjoyed it or not ;)
  4. Congrats on 2 years as staff! dont want 2 enter the competition, just congrat u.
    JDHallows and luckycordel like this.
  5. Thanks for your support with the empire JD, my question is simple. How is it being event organizer and how demanding is the task considering any IRL activities (ie. jobs and such)?
    JDHallows likes this.
  6. Never a what if, just a what is. You know fan theory sometimes becomes canon.
    JDHallows likes this.
  7. Follow up question:

Did I put too much ice in my water bottle? I can't get the straw in.

JDHallows, simcity2000 and MoreMoople like this.

8. this is the life of a broken man
  9. hay!

(but i do have a sweet bow tie)
  10. What is your overall favorite build in the entire Empire?
    JDHallows and FadedMartian like this.
  11. Congrats! :D

What is your shower routine ? (if you shower)
    JDHallows likes this.
  12. Ooo ... calling him out ............... wow
  13. He could take baths
    JDHallows, simcity2000 and 607 like this.
  14. It can be fun being an events organizer. Basically my tasks fall into 1 of 2 categories: managing the events calendar and planning future events. Time wise, they both take up 50/50 of my events focused times.

Managing the calendar includes doing things like: adding player events to the calendar (yes this is done manually), adding/changing/removing staff event times for their events, working with staff to create schedules for the events calendar, and setting up dates for future planned events (hype for Minecon Watch Party 2 in September and Space Event 3 :D )

Planning future events is the part I enjoy the most, and can involve things like: brainstorming event ideas (toade's and my pm gets kind of crazy with that part, lol), trying to figure out ways to prevent existing events from becoming stale, logistical stuff for events (location, date/time, size, amount of time to put into it, etc), building things for events (toade does more of this than I do, since he's the better builder, but I've done a few builds and helped with quite a few ;) ), and then hosting the events can sort of fall into this category :p

At the moment, I'm just a full-time student, so I have a healthy amount of free-time to dedicate to this. Half of my EMC time is usually dedicated to this, with the rest of it being split between SS duties, dev duties (which I plan to spend more time on soon), and personal projects I am still working on for EMC ;) (Hogwarts on September 1st! :D)

Yeah I am aware of that :) Again though, I would rather just read a new book or series by a new author, rather than read fan material on a book or series I've already read.

If you can't get the straw in, then yes probably too much ice :p

At the moment, one that nobody can access just yet ;) (#HogwartsSept1)

I am a morning shower type of person, and I shower about once every day or every other day (today is a shower day, for example :p Going to go take one once I finish writing this all, lol)

I don't like baths, I don't enjoy the idea of sitting in my dirty water.
  15. Forgot to add, giveaway ends tonight at Midnight EMC time ;) Get your questions in by then if you want a chance at a JDHallows head!
    607 and MoreMoople like this.
  16. Can I bribe you to not protect the enraged bunnies?
    JDHallows likes this.
  17. Well darn, I had never thought of that
    Now I can never take a bath again ;n;
  18. No bribe will be enough to stop me from showing you how much I care :D
  19. Heya JD its been a long 2 years and one wild ride :p

Thanks for the giveaway :)

If you were to build a giant statue of a Harry Potter character who would it be?
    JDHallows and MoreMoople like this.
  20. Professor McGonagall - I feel like as a character she doesn't get as much credit or recognition, even though she is one of the best characters in the series. Definitely one of my favorites :p

I'll do the random drawing and giveaway later, thanks for all the questions and awesome comments! I'm always open to friendly discussion and questions year round though, so feel free contact me if you ever wanna talk ;)

Thank you all again for being such an amazing community and for making these past 2 years so much fun!