Unfortunately, after 2 years as staff...

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by JDHallows, Aug 2, 2018.

1. Unfortunately, after 2 years as staff, you guys are going to have to be stuck with me for a while longer! :p

August 1st I hit my 2 years as staff mark, and it's been a crazy and fun ride these past 2 years! Back in my pre-staff days, I was just that jhall10 guy who hung out on SMP7 with his small-ish shop, hanging out with friends and hosting random events (those horse races were fun!)

When I was asked to join the staff team, I was super excited! My main reason for applying was because I wanted to host more and better events, and I would like to think I have hosted and created my fair share of them over the past 2 years ;) Though being a staff member has been more than just hosting events; I have enjoyed every aspect of moderating the server and being able to interact with so many different players on a daily basis.

Joining the EMC Events team was another step into my goals with events, though. I was super excited to be a part of not only hosting, but also organizing and creating exciting new events for the community to enjoy.

Then, joining the Senior Staff team a few months ago was kind of a surprise to me. I was not expecting that pm from Krysyy! I have enjoyed every moment of it though. Of course then soon after joining the dev team (sorry Krysyy :rolleyes:) and now being able to be even more directly involved in EMC's future has been a ton of fun. As I said, these past 2 years have been a crazy ride, but it's a ride that I've enjoyed and I hope doesn't end for a long time yet!

And so with that, thank you all for being such an amazing community to allow me to be a part of this great server. I don't know about you, but I know I am excited to see what the next 2 years may bring!

AMA and Giveaway!
    Same as last year, I'm going to do an AMA for this thread, as well as a giveaway :D Ask me anything, and I will do my best to answer your questions. I'm usually a pretty open book, so as long as your not asking me to reveal staff secrets (no, I won't tell you if Lucky actually is a birb irl), I'll probably answer it.

Everyone who asks a question will be entered in a giveaway for a JDHallows head. Don't have a question for me? Well then just comment what your favorite thing about EMC is, and you can be entered in the giveaway.

Thanks for reading, and thank you all for being such an amazing community! I've loved every moment of being a part of this server, and I am looking forward to the years to come.
  2. Congrats jd how do you like your pizza
  3. These clickbait threads need to be banned xD Whoops. Forgot to ask a question. What's it like being a Developer for EMC now?
  4. The only reason I wasn't stunned is that I knew you wouldn't walk out on us. :D

But anyway - don't enter me in the contest but I am curious. If you could snap your fingers and have your dream career fall on your lap, what would your career be?
    derp_duckie, 607, JDHallows and 2 others like this.
  5. isubrvoisenpsernpgirengiengpiwenrpogwpejrog JD why do you do this
    My poor little heart can't handle clickbait ;n;

Are YOU a birb irl?
  6. you clickbaiter :3

CONGRATULATIONS FAM

What is your favorite color of wool?
  7. Woot! :D
    First off, thank you for being an awesome staff member!

Now for the questions ;)
    1. What's the best kind of waffle?
    2. What is your favorite event that you have done so far? :)
    derp_duckie, 607, JDHallows and 3 others like this.
  8. Congrats dude! I vaguely remember you being promoted, but 2 years? Dang, that is certainly quite something :p

For my questions, favorite pick up line? One memory you’d revisit? Closest friend on EMC? Someone who’s changed the course of your character the most? You can pick one if you want, but all would be cool too :D
    derp_duckie, 607, JDHallows and 3 others like this.
  9. Congrats!! Even though I haven't talked with you much, I've heard many great things about you! :D

Question: What is your favorite song/artist?
  10. Well JD, you’ve been such a amazing friend and I’ve been here with you since pretty much the start. We have our decent memories and our really good memories :p ( Don’t bring up pumpkins.. ) anyways I don’t want to be in the giveaway but this is just to thank you for being such a good friend and you’ve helped me a lot with many different things, and I also wanna thank you for being a good staff member! You hosted amazing events and have helped this community in so many ways and we can’t thank you enough! Keep on going JD <3
    simcity2000, derp_duckie, 607 and 4 others like this.
  11. I glad this wasn't a good bye thread.:eek:

What's your favorite event?
    derp_duckie, JDHallows and MoreMoople like this.
  12. Cooked :p Ok but seriously, I like it with all the meats: pepperoni, sausage, ham, and bacon on deep dish, with extra sauce.

I'm sorry, I just couldn't help myself :D As for being a developer, I'd say the number 1 feeling I have felt so far is "overwhelmed" xD I've done some dev stuff for school, since I'm going to school to become a full-time developer, but this is the first "real" project I have worked on using the dev skills I have learned, so it's been a lot! I feel like I learn more every day I work on it though, so I'm looking forward to when I feel more comfortable in the position!

Heh, you know me well ;)

Working as a developer anywhere. I've considered game development, because it would be a ton of fun. Honestly though, I'd be happy with developing at any forward thinking company, large or local. Who knows, maybe I'll join some start-up and get something started when I graduate ;)

We need to get that heart going! Good for ya ;)

And no, I'm not a birb irl, though my fav animal is a Barn Owl, which is a birb.

I clickbaited y'all like a champ! And thanks! My fav color of wool would have to be orange <3 I love anything orange, lol

Woot, thanks :D

1. Just plain homestyle waffles - I prefer to put the fun stuff on top of the waffle, instead of inside it ;)
    2. My favorite event has to be the Space Events. Those were both a ton of fun to build with Toade, and then on top of that to let everyone go through them. #HypeForSpaceEvent3

Thanks! Yeah, I just vaguely remember it too, I was in a kind of haze that whole first week xD

Oh gosh, favorite pick up line, kind of hard for me since I've never been one to really date. To quote a scene from one of my favorite movies (Captain America: The First Avenger) to explain 'me':
    The person who has changed the course of my character the most is most definitely my mom. She is the most amazing person in my life, and I would not be who I am today if not for her. She had 3 sons and no daughters, so you'd think that much testosterone would overwhelm her xD But nope, most people who met her told us we had a "cool mom" - when we were doing something, no matter what it was she was right in there with us. When we got into YuGiOh trading cards - she had her own deck that she would verse us with (which btw wasn't just for fun - she beat us quite a bit with it xD) If we bought a video game, she was right in line to play it once we were done with it. So saying all of that, I'd have to say she's my "closest friend on EMC" since she started playing on this server too, after I did, lol.

With that, I can say without a doubt the one memory I would want to revisit the most is the day my mom finished getting her Bachelors degree. It took her 8 years, between raising us and going to school part time, but she did it. Watching her accomplish that has shown me how much we are capable of doing, no matter the struggles we face.

Thanks, I'm glad you've heard good things! xD

Surprisingly, my favorite song is not by my favorite artist xD My favorite song is Hills and Valleys, by Tauren Wells. It's a song that has meant a lot to me and has helped me to keep my perspective of life in check. My favorite artist though would have to be Imagine Dragons. I love a lot of their songs and the messages they share through them.

Grr pumpkins... But yes, it's been a ton of fun and thank you for being a supportive friend through it all :D

Come on, you know me well enough to know why ;)
  13. Hahah, me too! I'm not leaving for a long while yet ;)

Favorite event like I told moops earlier in the thread - Definitely the Space Events <3 Quoting my answer to her:
  14. Birbs or Fish?
  15. Birbs for pets, fish to eat ;)
  16. Hahaha so good :) <3 grats
    derp_duckie, luckycordel, 607 and 2 others like this.
  17. Congrats! At first I thought you were quitting, and I muttered not so emc friendly words under my mouth...

I haven't established a well enough relationship with you over my past 100 days, although it would be great to see you on the staff team for another year! Thank you for your hard work and dedication!

Anyway, this question is a question I ask everyone, because it literally paints a huge picture on the person depending on the answer.

What's your favourite music genre and what is your favourite song and album?
  18. Congrats my dudeeee

Question: are you green in real life?
  19. Congrats JD! :D

Here is my question: What is your favorite block in Minecraft? As a builder, I ask this question a lot and it's always interesting to hear what people have to say regarding this question. :D