Unfortunately, after 2 years as staff...

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by JDHallows, Aug 2, 2018.

1. Don't need to worry about your straw not fitting if you don't have a straw ;D
  2. Hydroflasks are nice!
    Kabloofne and JDHallows like this.
  3. You guys are slacking, nobody has reminded me that I never did the giveaway for this! So I just did all the counting and stuff, and 51 of you guys replied to be in the giveaway! (Not counting the few who asked to not be entered) Thank you all for the kind words, it's truly a privilege being staff on EMC. I enjoy every moment of it :)

So the winner of the JDHallows head giveaway is...

fBuilderS with the following post!

Congrats man, I'll have the head mailed to you whenever I next am in-game!

Until next time everyone! And as I mentioned before, I'm always up for a chat via forum pm or discord pm, if anyone just wants to talk or something ;) Cya around!
  4. NO WAY! It feels like just yesterday that you made mod. Can't believe its been 2 years. Congrats on all that you have done in those 2 years. Now go fix that iron farm that has been sitting on the outskirts of my outpost for like 3 years spewing iron golems all over the place xD

Edit.. and apparently this was from august! lol
    607 and JDHallows like this.
  5. You know... I was thinking I should've nabbed one of your heads before you were staff just in case, I guess this solves my problem ;)
    Thanks for the giveaway jhall :p
  6. Congratulations fBuilderS! :D
    JDHallows and fBuilderS like this.
  7. Congrats! I can’t believe that yesterday was my 200th day on emc too! (I know this thread is a bit old but it’s a big milestone for me and you :)) I cant belive that you have been staff for two years and I knew you when you were a mod. Remember that miners mania I was planing to host? Well, the day before (yes, bad luck) it was gonna happen, my computer got a virus. But on to questions.

Mod questions
    1. Did you enjoy being a mod/mod in training?
    2. What was your first day on the team like?
    3. What did you feel in your bones? Like it was gonna happen? Happy? About to burst?

SS+ questions
    1. Did you like being different mobs?
    2. Did you like to kill people? D=
    3. Did you feel bonded with the people of emc?

I know I am truly with emc, and I know I’m closer to getting that one goal that I have: being on the team.
    JDHallows and 607 like this.
  8. I can answer that one for you... seeing as when I was in a mine that there was a bunch of odd mobs spawning all around me and that odd flying sheep incident. :confused: lol
    JDHallows and Slimewarrior0209 like this.
  9. Where were you when smpcake happened?
    JDHallows likes this.
  10. Hahaha
    *hears floating changing color sheep*
    Uhoh
    JDHallows likes this.
  11. Sweet JD!
    Lol, belac_555 took my question so let me think of another one...

Someone may have already taken this, but here it goes. What are your hobbies besides minecraft?

For some reason, I already have a JD head and I have no idea how or why. Oh well, I could always use another one
    JDHallows and 607 like this.
  12. I apologize that I'm late to the party, but good for you JD Hallows!

I remember before you became a staff member, and it seems there's no regret of becoming one either! I really like that attitude you got there, it fills me with joy, it truly does! :D
    JDHallows likes this.
  13. Mod answers:
    1. I did actually - it was very overwhelming at times, since I had a lot to learn. A lot goes into becoming a staff member, and it's not easy. For anyone that wants to be staff one day, I would caution to take a moment and think if you are willing to put in the hard work for it, because it's not easy.
    2. Crazy! Everyone on the staff team was super nice and welcoming, I really enjoyed it. It was overwhelming, but in a fun way :D
    3. I wanted to be a staff for a while, but I wasn't going to let it define me. Up until I got the pm from Krysyy offering the position, I just played the game. I enjoyed my time here, did fun things, and made tons of friends and became a part of the community. I realized that I didn't have to be staff to have a positive influence on the community and to have fun with people.
    SS+ answers:
    1. I assume you mean doing the disguises? In which case yeah it can be fun, lol.
    2. Only in instances where they were warned about it ;) I have no mercy in the PvP arenas and in events where I get the chance to kill players :cool:
    3. I felt that way long before I became a staff member. Feeling like you're a part of the community is more than just being staff, it's about involving yourself and being the type of person you'd like to see in the community.

EMC is life, there is nothing but EMC.

Ok, ok, yes I do other things outside of EMC. Namely, I like to read, play card games with my family, and there are a few other games I like to play other than Minecraft. Though yes, EMC takes up a majority of my free time ;)

Unfortunately, the giveaway is already over and the head was already given out. Sorry! Thanks for the question though :)