Uh, so this means what?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by mba2012, Oct 1, 2013.

1. Any statement involving rebelling "against the government" is ridiculous and short-sighted. The government is simply the collective of people who manage (or mismanage) the issues pertaining to the population, and this includes members of the population itself. I'm a government employee, and that makes me part of the government, but I still have my job during the shutdown because I am not one of those who can simply take time off. Ironically, it is the people who are paid the least who are the most essential ones (who cannot take time off).
  2. The government doesn't have any of its constituents in mind when making legislation.. They only care about the money they can get from hiding various funding in obscure bills as well as the "shadow fundings" that come from various lobbyists.. Many of them do not fully know what exactly happens in their elected districts and must hire people to research what is happening to the people who elected them (Should they bother to even care, unfortunately..) and pay more to hire people to research which social buttons that they can press and what they should say about these issues to stay in office.. Political office in the present state only seems to be about money and how to make the rich richer and the poor poorer.. :oops:
    cddm95ace likes this.
  3. 15 pages later...
    MrUnknownian likes this.
  4. and Still chilling
    Olaf_C, MrUnknownian, L0tad and 4 others like this.
  5. Both are true. Without government, the people are disorganized, chaotic, and prone to self-destruction. A government without the support of the people is worthless, as the people wouldn't follow them.
    Read the essay here: http://www.sciencemag.org/content/162/3859/1243.full
    Then consider your rights and freedoms.
    Not saying anything against you, just trying to promote thoughtful discussion.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Machiavelli
    Sweetie_Pea likes this.
  6. I have always worried that my frustration with the govt. would get me targeted. What I mean by take the govt. back I mean it in a political way not violence. I don't like people to get hurt.
  7. Very few people understand me. (not talking about what I am saying just me)
  8. Thanks
  9. TRUTH!!!
  10. the awkward moment when the empire has a better government than the United States. We have a better economy despite aikar's best efforts to ruin it. Even despite smooch's sass we have great officials (even a hamster is getting more work done than congress) and our officials are young and in sync and not people who don't know what a hashtag is (it took me 3 years to figure out what a hashtag is) so since the NSA is listening, the government should learn a few things from empire mineccraft.
  11. Seem legit.
    IcecreamCow likes this.
  12. Is legit
    IcecreamCow likes this.
  13. You are probably the smartest cow I have ever met. Wise words from the icecreamed king. *claps*
  14. Ha! American problems. see here in Canada we deal with politicians smoking crack cocaine not something as petty as a website predicting the end of global economy. We laugh at this stuff.
  15. maybe ill live in Australia when I'm older... but maybe not because of the weird types of animals.
    jknrlz likes this.
  16. oh fyi: in the ObamaCare law thing it says that Congress and the President dont need to follow the the rules of ObamaCare.. :confused:
  17. I can tell you what's going to happen. I'm going to go shopping in the US when your puny dollar is worthless! Woo!
    *Remembers the good times when £1 was worth $2.35*
    mba2012 likes this.
  18. They already had that, or at least the president is guaranteed his own personal healthcare from Article II of the Constitution.
    Though I am not sure why the Congressmen do not have receive the effects of Obamacare?