Uh, so this means what?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by mba2012, Oct 1, 2013.

1. jkjkjk182 and cddm95ace like this.
  2. I agree with majority of this. Until this administration happened (and note I consider administration the dems and repubs, even though it's "led" by a dem), I was totally a hardcore republican. At this point, I think anyone who uses the "side" thing in debates, simply doesn't look around at what's going on, which is why I don't debate with a lot of my friends anymore. I try and discuss something that happened with my liberal friends and they AUTOMATICALLY jump to things like "did you get that from Fox news" or "yeah but the Republicans did...." which shows me they are just throwing out cookie cutter responses to defend their "all mighty party" even though my argument had nothing to do with right vs left. Sadly, that's where this administration has brought us though. It's almost like we're at a less violent version of a civil war when it comes to those who do the left vs right battle.

I do disagree with your final statement of "our country is bad" and prefer to think our country is still very good...but our simply our government is bad. I don't like linking our people with what the government does and I consider what our people are, as the country, not our government.
  3. No, our troops are still in Afghanistan. Obama has made it pretty clear that he is taking back our troops and getting out of Afghanistan in 2014, if you saw the President Speeches. Also, Barack Obama did threaten to veto SOPA, as it being unconstitutional. Our troops are still in Afghanistan, just not Iraq.
  4. So guys, how bout that debt ceiling :p
  5. He also threatened to veto NDAA but still signed it into law, and even went as far as having his office file suit when the "Indefinite Detention" clause was blocked by injunction.. (source) ..And while I stand corrected about the war in Afghanistan, technically speaking, at any given time the United States is involved in a war. United States supports Mexico in Mexican Drug War, There are multiple Operations under Operation Enduring Freedom, As well as Korea.. But wait the Korean war has been over since 1953.. Um, no.. US troops are and have been stationed in South Korea since the "end" of the Korean War and these places are active warzones.
  6. I don't even consider that relevant anymore. I mean, our current administration literally just shut down important programs and locations because they couldn't decide on how we should spend pretend money that we don't have.
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  7. They should bring back the draft for the military. That way we wouldn't be getting in so much wars. SOPA, NDAA, and all the other piracy acts are just annoying but they keep on trying to make one. They want to ruin how we run the internet, and not let us have freedom and justice. I can already tell most of the people trying to make SOPA and all the other acts are just trying to think of ways to get around the Constitution without getting caught. And for the Korean War, yes you are right. They had a piece treaty. You could technically say that they are still warzones, but they haven't fought in a while. I have already heard that South and North Korea are trying to end the war.
  8. I hate to say this Jeremy, but the ever-increasing rift being caused by the two street-gangs that terrorize the citizens with their interpretation of "government" (Democrats and Republicans) is likely going to cause an actual civil war if they continue doing exactly what they are doing now.. :oops:
  9. Please explain to me, a draft-age male, why increasing the size of our army would prevent war?
    darkvilla, HylianNinja and jkjkjk182 like this.
  10. The draft has never gone away. It just hasn't been used in a while.
    Unfortunately, that has been said so many times that its known to be a bluff.
  11. Guys, I made this thread as a bit of a discussion on the effects of the shutdown. So, can we keep it peaceful and don't get into a heated argument over whatever.
  12. Honestly, what is really happening is that the despicable members of congress are too conservative or liberal and refuse to get along, so they take it out on us tax payers in order to pressure us to fight against the other party! What the heck! This is so ludicrous!:mad:

We need to get these selfish idiots out of office and get some people who can compromise!
    (not taking sides)
    oidgod and L0tad like this.
  13. It probably will never be used again probably. If we have a draft, we can get more people in the military so we don't have to get in more wars. Wars will get more advanced in the future I bet. Just imagine country to country bombing there citzens with nuclear weapons.

Now I wouldn't doubt that. The 2 country's hate each other, but I do know that they will be having memorials again(the war split a lot of family's apart, so they have them try and find there family members.)
  14. I don't agree!
  15. On the wars getting more violent part, or the draft part? I am guessing draft. Yes, Draft would have pros and cons. First, litarly no one would want there child to be forced into the military, especially mothers. People have tried to hide and stay away from drafts. Then people could die. There are defiantly a lot of cons about this idea, but it could stop a lot of wars that could come to us. A lot of country's/organizations hate America. Take Al Qaeuda for an example.
  16. How does more soldiers = less wars?:confused:
    I assume you meant reunions, and yes they will likely do that again. But North Korea is crazy, so their word isn't all that trustworthy.:rolleyes:
    wisepsn likes this.
  17. drafts will still be used because the government doesn't really care about whether or not we like it! They only care that they are in power and making money!
  18. Where are you from? Let me guess either Georgia, Alabama, Louisiana, Mississippi, or South Carolina
  19. Lol, the North = North Korea. :p I am from Minnesota.:)
  20. oh thought you were talking about the Northern US. lol