Typing speed test

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by TheCrimeLime, Oct 4, 2016.

1. I corrected myself too much because I don't want mistakes.

Too lazy to retry.
  2. 217 CPM / 43 WPM

I'm terrible ;-;
    JustCallMe_Bunni and Eviltoade like this.
  3. I got a score of 64 WPM at 97.5% accuracy. I'm planning to work on my typing skills, so I may come back soon and post a new score. :)

EDIT: I took the test again, and my score this time was 73 WPM with 99% accuracy. I seem to get better every time. ;)
    Eviltoade likes this.
  4. When I last speed tested my typing I scored I think 60 WPM (1 word per second) with 100% accuracy. My mom can't believe how fast I type, I can respond to her PM's within seconds of her sending it. I'm also seeing that there's some pretty impressive speeds out there so I'll see if I can improve. :)
  5. Oh darn im such an idiot! Thanks for pointing that out ill fix it.
    607 and UltiPig like this.
  6. 89wpm
    UltiPig likes this.
  7. I think you're getting it backwards here, 87 words and 438 characters per minute seems more logical to me. :p

Anyway, I'm on a pc again, let's try this! :D
    I sure hope I can beat my iPad score!
    UltiPig likes this.
  8. O_O

That's well over 10 characters per second!! :eek:
    Hrghorhg, UltiPig, ShelLuser and 2 others like this.
  9. I know I type really slow... I did get 31 WPM, out of 50 words, I guess that's dyslectic...

but, I like the fact that it sais "how fast are your fingers" and I can tell you, I have got REALLY REALLY REALLY fast fingers, I only just can't type :p how do I know that? well, I can get over eight chords a seconds when playing piano, that's, or, the fastest song I can play has in the fastest second 6 different chords (akkoorden in het Nederlands, correct me if my translation is wrong :) )so, well, you need quite fast fingers for that, so it isn't testing how fast your fingers are, it is testing how well you are at spelling those words right, and beïng able to read fast enough for that :p
    607 and TomvanWijnen like this.
  10. I'm crazy fast at the piano too!
    Perhaps you're less good at typing because you're dyslectic, indeed.
    It's interesting how I'm slow at almost everything but super quick at typing, piano, and some video game stuff.
  11. As someone who's known Jelle since he was 2, I'm quite sure this is the case indeed, unfortunately.

---

I got 305 CPM, 229 corrected, so 46 WPM on my phone. The reason I got so much wrong, and couldn't be faster, is because my phone screen is shorting out or something (factory mistake), making many presses not go where they're supposed to (e.g. I click on u but it writes i). Still pretty good, 46 WPM on a 5.5" phone, I think.
    607 likes this.
  12. What keyboard do you have?
  13. It looks exactly like this one, except mine has a different brand, if any.
    I'm not sure if the keyboard matters too much though, looking at how fast I typed on iPad. I might try on a laptop keyboard once.
    Hrghorhg likes this.
  14. That typing speed is beyond insane, even on your tablet it's still good. There are tournaments for this and those people only get around 150 wpm so you aren't far off
    607 likes this.
  15. Hahaha, typing tournaments? That sounds interesting... :p
    I usually don't type at top speed though, as it's less relaxed.
    Also, if I type the fastest I can my thinking sometimes can't keep up so I don't know what to type anymore. ;)
    TomvanWijnen likes this.
  16. Ughhh picture isn't working,

476 CPM -=+{(/\)}+=- 95 WPM