Third Currency

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by GreenMeanie, Jan 17, 2022.

?

Good idea.. Right?

Yes 10 vote(s) 45.5%
No 8 vote(s) 36.4%
This already exists 4 vote(s) 18.2%
  1. Rupees? Ancient.. Abundant... Inflated...
    Tokens? Meh... Not very important atm...

I believe that we should have a third currency to lighten the load of the economy's main unit.

I would like to introduce to you my new proposed currency: The Sea Pickle

Now I know what you're thinking.. Pointless and inconvenient. And I'm inclined to agree with you.

But before you turn down my proposal and call me dumb, let me remind you of something. Back in February 2016, EMC's main "Empire" plugin failed to load, and there was chaos literally in the streets.
    Residence protection? Gone...
    Vaults? Gone...
    Rupee Balances? GONE!!!

See my point yet? You could lose everything, including all of your hard earned money. This is why we need something new.

This is why I am proposing a new form of currency, a physical one. This new Sea Pickle Currency or SPC will survive any form of software crash or hacking attempt. You might now be asking: "How do I use this amazing new currency?" I'll be glad to explain it to you.

Like I said, this is a physical currency, and consists 100% of the in-game item (The Sea Pickle).
    Each player will receive ONE additional town residence to store all of their sea pickles.

This new currency will have a 1:1 exchange rate with rupees, as we will be trying to eliminate rupees.

Let's have a little test before you go:

Beacon? 5000 rupees? WRONG!!! 5000 Sea Pickles
    2022 Empire Firework? 20220 rupees? WRONG!!! 20220 Sea Pickles

Thanks for listening, and have a nice Sea Pickle :)
    I mean day.. Have a nice day
    Sefl, Tuqueque, SkeleTin007 and 7 others like this.
  2. I feel like I have heard of this before but with another physical currency. I'm thinking it was coal.
    Sefl, Tuqueque, Egeau and 4 others like this.
  3. This with a little more additional info would have made a great April Fools Day thread from the Administration.
  4. If you could make any improvements to this new system, what would they be?
  5. Haha, saw this on my phone first and though it said Tbird currency.....:p
  6. The town plots we each receive to bank our new currency the SPC in would be 25x25 water plots called the Pickle Plots. They’d be outside the current Town limits away from the current plots. Say about 5 plot lengths away.
    MissBonnieParker likes this.
  7. Would players be able to place chests in such an area?
  8. No chests.. Gotta flaunt them sea pickles. Let everyone know what you got.
  9. Well then you can't have that many... just 25x25 with 4 per block. That's a very limited currency
  10. I thought be we’re trying to avoid inflation of the new currency. Sorry my bad. 🤪
    UltiPig likes this.
  11. Another point I was trying to make was that it wouldn't be a competitive currency like rupees are. Since you can farm sea pickles, everyone would have the same opportunity to raise their balance.

Now having a command to tell you your balance would be troublesome...
  12. If you'd like, you can purchase a NFS with SPC. NFSS is a smooth stone you can buy. You don't get the actual smooth stone, but you get a neat receipt that tells you that you own it. Your smooth stone is one of a kind.
    LindenNZ likes this.
  13. Coal is an interesting idea. Questions come to mind about charcoal being an alternative. Perhaps original coal is the currency and charcoal the "replacement use item" : in terms of gameplay - it functions for torches, campfires and fuel.

I would offer the suggestion to remove the "cold coal ore storage res" that Poptart_flavoured has. If the coal currency were implemented, Poptart could literally be the Coal bank.
    Zomberina and farmerguyson like this.
  14. Could we have multiple layers of seapickle money storage?!
  15. nice idea, just like euro (EUR) currently have both banknotes and internet cash
  16. I was thinking more like a chest res for the sea pickles
  17. still havent got my cheese block promo… seems like the suggestion threads arent always taken seriously 😭
  18. Right, I understood that, but if we cant have chests for storage and we have to store them 4 pickles to a block, I would hope we would have multiple layers of storage...
    FadedMartian likes this.
  19. Oh... I don't see why we wouldn't be able to have that.

Hopefully we don't take drowning damage. That would be a good way to make it more difficult to have a lot of them...
  20. daanhu heads will be wort 1milion seapicles
    UltiPig likes this.