[themes of atheism] I have had an awful day. [Closed]

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by 72Volt, Apr 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This......no.....just no......
    That would be called boasting, boasting (If used in a certain way.) Could be considered sinning.

I personally don't know why exactly God let it happen, but he did. He has a plan for everything, that we may Probably will never fully understand.
    When Jesus called us sheep he didn't mean it in the way that we are stupid. (Although we are most of the time :p)
    What He meant is that like sheep, without a figure to lead up spiritually, we will stray and become Spiritually "Lost"
    Jesus is the leader of the flock, he helps guide us on the right path. Even though with a leader, the sheep will still stray, we will always be able to rely on Jesus to get back on the right track, as long as that is what we wish.
    607 and SoulPunisher like this.
  2. It is ONLY ok to boast for Christ, no on elese

Yes, he did say this, but scripture says we are stupid like sheep are.
  3. Touche.
    mba2012 likes this.
  4. So is it not, that we are the sheep and God is just herding us all around? Much more reasonable.
    BilboBaggins23 and Spenser6 like this.
  5. No, but preaching can violate (and often does) rules and 4 and 6.
    Jesus
    BilboBaggins23 and mba2012 like this.
  6. What...?

So it's ok for christ to boast but not us? He tells us not to, and goes ahead and does it himself? Christianity is full of more hypocrisy than I thought :confused:

He's supposed to be setting us an example to follow. That example is "Don't do what I tell you not to do even though i'm gonna do it myself".
    BilboBaggins23 and mba2012 like this.
  7. ...I'm confused about all of this....
    607 likes this.
  8. At the risk of igniting a real flame war in this thread....
    Jtc, I have often showed restraint and tolerance towards you viewpoints, regardless of how radical they tend to be.
    But I for one absolutely detest that the human species is anything less than the most impeccable lifeform in the known universe. We have literally invented the most fundamental concepts of our pure intellectual excellencies and the logical framework they make sense in. Every word in this sentence was invented by a human, the reason why we are all here is because over 50,000 years we have learned how to create more and more complex things until getting to the modern home computer, all from the relative simplicity of nature, and bascially everything else which wasn't here when we started. That. Is. Colossal.

You may not denounce that. My allegiance lies solely with my species and I shall defend it with my life.
  9. We invented this. True, I agree with that. But...have you seen the side effect that were made? What about most of the damages on earth? Endangered species? Extinct species? Even if we are so smart...we developed all of these amazing things that have changed the world. In good ways and bad ways. But one question...correct me if I am wrong...why are we the only species that I know of that constantly kill each other?
  10. Because humans are dumb. :/
    607, HylianNinja, L0tad and 1 other person like this.
  11. http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/3tuxsg/
  12. Oh, come on, no species is perfect and it's mostly ecosystem shock anyway.
    Besides, we're actually in control of many of the environmental issues and have the means of engineering the natural world to not screw up.
    As for people killing each other, it's just a deficiency in genes linked to morality, that occurs in all creatures throughout the animal kingdom. I reckon the rest of the world's creatures kill each other more, though, and murder rates have been dropping drastically; not to mention any time there is a murder society comes down on the criminal like an excessive amount of fecal matter.
  13. Oh no, jtc joined the war...
    mba2012, Crazy1800 and PandasEatRamen like this.
  14. C'mon, stop the debate, it's pointless, it's getting nasty and some of you don't seem to want to debate constructively.

On the one side, the exposition of some religious concepts requires a lot more knowledge and objectivity.

This makes the non religious judge those concepts and the whole thing affected by those confusing and subjective expositions, leading them to make responses and statements that the religious will take as offensive.

All of this is going to be a bunch of nonsense and hatred...

Edit: ok, it already is.
    Twitch1 and PandasEatRamen like this.
  15. Well said, and exactly why people have voiced that they want Religious threads and such removed because it causes nothing but drama. There are those people who are able to talk to others without making themselves look like a jerk and then there's the jerks who everyone encounters and goes "Oh everyone in _____ religion is like that".
    Twitch1, mba2012 and Lasluin like this.
  16. 1) Watch it -_-
    2) I've been here for a while

I have seen that you have shown tolerance during this disagreement, and i applaud that.
    But, We all have our thoughts.
    NOTHING would be possible without God
    You can belive in what you want, and i respect that. But i do not agree with what your belief is, Tis' all
  17. Pshht, jtc started the war! (the original one on EMC)
  18. Well, I wouldn't exactly be showing respect to the excellence and impressiveness of the human species if I failed to respect your view, considering what you as a human would be capable of.
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  19. I can see this got well out of hand and off the main topic..
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.