[themes of atheism] I have had an awful day. [Closed]

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by 72Volt, Apr 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Where exactly arent you allowed to do that? Afghanistan? lol
  2. And another thing Atheist their main reason is because God isnt real and there is no proof of him except a book.. That is very disrespectful when they could be giving scientific facts about how the earth started and we evolved..
  3. Anywhere in a US public school. Any religious "preaching" can get a teacher fired. Preaching to others at the workplace can fall under harassment depending on the person who is being preached to.
    I dont intend any offense, but you clearly are speaking from personal experience, and not any real facts. Because most atheists know more about science and religion than a religious person does.
  4. I would just like to congratulate Volt on how that whole situation turned out, I'm impressed. There were a couple other posts I wanted to respond to, but its late and I'm lazy so I'll just do this one :p

Lacki, you obviously have good intentions, but unfortunately there are tons of Christians who do exactly this. They are pushy, and often behave un-Biblically in relation to atheists. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has had the young adults in suits carrying Bibles come knocking on my door XD.

Also, I think you are getting atheists confused with Satanists, there is a very major difference.
    jkjkjk182, Pab10S and PandasEatRamen like this.
  5. Just want to point out how amused this post made me - as it was posted by someone who's picture thingy is of a TV show about an average man says heck to laws and moral standards and becomes a rather vicious drug lord. I giggled.

To everything else - I think this is why I am drawn to Buddhism. A religious people who have no concerns for how many people they can convert. Always open to sharing but never actively being pushy. Atheists are as bad about this as Christians. So you will never find a friendly or even respectful conversation between the two. It is time we all just let people live their lives. It is none of our business (short of causing actual harm to others) what anyone does or believes behind closed doors.
  6. Our prayers were answered! ;) :D
  7. Why the hell are there dinosaurs staring at a naked man and woman?
    HurferDurfer1 likes this.
  8. They don't have the legal right to do this in the US, which is why I would like to move there. In the UK it is a legal requirement of schools to 'shove' religion down our throats, and teach as little about evolution as possible. I only found out about evolution because of my dad (who is a christian) and we talk about it alot. I also find out alot about science from my dad, which is probably the only reason why I have good grades in it...

Also, you're confusing Athiests with Satanists. Satanists believe in a god and a satan. It just so happens they preach to Satan rather than God.
    As I said, in the US.
    In Afghanistan they do that all the time. It's a 'legal' requirement for every place you go to there, enforced by your *un*friendly neighbourhood Taliban squad.

Oh my god, yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! You just accurately described every athiest in the world!
    (If you hadn't guessed already, i've fallen down the sarcasm hole)
    HurferDurfer1 likes this.
  9. Wow?!?
    Are you from the past? ;)

Where I live, even the Archbishop (Catholic) talks about evolution theory (in friendly tone) on TV... What happens here is that the older priests and bishops are usually very tolerant and open-minded, and some even openly accept evolution theory. The majority of the ones with blinders is among the younger :(
    Strange...
  10. What?
    607 likes this.
  11. Joke :)
    Puzzled that there could be people older than 13 in the developed part of Europe who did not learn about evolution theory in the school.
  12. Throw a lava wall around them! But in all seriousness, you can't accept it without a fight. Become a rebel! Protest! Protest! Try not to get kicked out of there though!
  13. Song of the day

"lets start a riot", by three days grace.
    SoulPunisher and Jcplugs like this.
  14. I turn 13 in 30 days :p
    mba2012 likes this.
  15. I'm not sure whether to laugh or be offended.
    Have some Zoom. That's an Ostrich and some other stuff. No Dinosaurs.
  16. Ahh... The ostritch looked like an Apatosaurus or something without it zoomed :p Thanks for that.
  17. Why are religious paintings always full of naked people? Am I the only one who finds this creepy and hypocritical?
  18. I don't think someone deserves what he got for testifying what they believe in.
    I am a christian and i think the fact he got all that crap for standing up for his beliefs is wrong.
    Just because someone thinks, acts, looks, differently than the rest, doesn't necessarily make them deserving of ridicule and all that crap.

Like Pandas said i have NEVER seen him EVER be in your face about his beliefs or whatever you want to say. If anything he is probably one of the more composed, intelligent, educated people on the forums.
    (Not trying to be mean to anyone here, but from what i have seen this is very true, just in the way he responds to things and converses with others in general.)

I have to agree with Pandas here in saying he did not deserve what he got. No one deserves that kind of stuff, i can sympathize with his situation on levels you cannot even BEGIN to understand.
    There is a big difference between SAYING someone deserves something, and being the one who is experiencing what they "deserve" If you were in his position you wouldn't think you deserved it most likely.

Now i could go off on religions and all that but that isn't why i am here. I am here to stand up for 72Volt and say he DID NOT deserve this AT ALL.

I will say again.
    HE DID NOT DESERVE THIS.

Seeing others Christian or otherwise, make people feel bad for what they believe in; even if it may be wrong, is NOT christian at ALL.

-_-
    I'm done.....
    For now.
    Yeah the post i responded to is a few days old.....but i felt i needed to say something.
  19. Yeah, I've never quite gotten that.
  20. I too have noticed this........
    I can understand Adam and Eve pictures, cause they didn't feel the need to wear clothes till they ate from the tree.
    But after that ._.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.