The Survival Update - v2 - 6/30/18

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by Aikar, Jun 30, 2018.

1. we will make adjustments to limit amount of them in high exp areas and provide a PS.
  2. How about showing an effect for if you CAN'T pick them up? :)
  3. Perfect, thank you =)
    ForeverMaster likes this.
  4. "play your way"
  5. I have a suggestion that I think is easy but idk it’s for skeleton horses to drop their heads unless they already do
    ForeverMaster likes this.
  6. I love these effects and wouldn't want to 'entirely' disable them with a /ps option. I was thinking it could display for a certain greater XP value on the floor than just all XP as another alternative choice than disabling entirely with that in the works /ps option. Other than that, its pretty nifty to see what XP is mine than running around all over different orbs. I like it!
    607, Elite, Hashhog and 1 other person like this.
  7. It's kind of insane how just a few tiny rainbow particles can make it feel like a whole new server, haha. Very fancy. We've always said that EMC is Vanilla with rainbow sprinkles; about time those sprinkles got visuals!
  8. I see the number of invalid bug reports increasing exponentially due to inconsistencies between client versions.. should probably limit bug reports to only being valid if the reporter is using a client which is the same version as the server. :confused:

Other than that, sounds good! :D
    607 and Tuqueque like this.
  9. XP changed, in a strange way. Killing mobs no longer makes the XP stack together as one xp orb, and mobs don't seem to drop as much xp as they used to. Yesterday I could kill an enraged rabbit and have the xp repair my bow from 50% to 100%, yet today the two xp orbs which it dropped (which has never happened before this xp update) pushed my bow to 68% from 60%. The non stacking xp is really noticeable with XP bottles, which throw down several xp orbs per bottle instead of just one big orb.
  10. all of that was listed in the op i believe?
  11. This wasn't a thing before today.

Also I take back what I said about the enraged rabbits, they aren't just dropping normal xp, they've started dropping negative XP. My bow went from 90% to 92% to 89% from the xp orbs. Something's broken.
    Edit: It's all mobs doing the negative XP thing apparently. Yikes.
    607 likes this.
  12. idk its been doing both of those things for me since the update happened? and thats kind of normal mode vanilla behavior

edit: i read something wrong apparently, i havent noticed negative xp, but the xp splitting has been happening since the update for me
    FadedMartian likes this.
  13. huh.. changes went out last night to fix a negative XP issue, but maybe made it worse...

I'll review it more this evening, however I'm suspicious on how it would apply at mending as we added code to reset negatives to 0 to counter the bug until it was fixed.
  14. fix was deployed for exp bug, and i reduced the count for the particles on exp orb stuff. we will still make more changes there, but took the quick win to hold off until more polish can be done on the system

also added a login notice that we are still 1.12.
    FadedMartian likes this.
  15. Newly spawned mobs.

Also this, this is from one death, so any deaths are dropping the negative XP orbs.