The Survival Update - v2 - 6/30/18

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by Aikar, Jun 30, 2018.

1. xD youll just have to wait for the option to turn off the particles, us farmers are all having this FPS problem currently lols
    SaintsFanForLife likes this.
  2. Also on a side note:

Came down to my mine after the reboot and saw this cult gathering of Hell's Puppies that immediately jumped me the moment I came closer x.x
  3. I think that is the reason
    Roslyn and ThaKloned like this.
  4. That looks like a feature to me. RAINBOW POWER!

and looks like I've got the XP bug fixed for real this time.
  5. Now since the latest reboot, my sight is blocked only for 20s instead 40s, and causes less lag.
  6. Sounds like the bug is solved, to me!
    bitemenow15 likes this.
  7. Yesterday/Last night I made some further changes:
    • Exp particles reduced count to 1 (it was 10, then 3, now 1) so it should help even more with lag.
    • Orbs will stack a little bit less, so killing enraged or minibosses should give you more orbs so you can get that 'oh lots of orbs' satisfaction a bit more.
      You'll def notice it if you die at a high level :p

This shouldn't impact "farms" because farms are killing tons of weak enemies where the orbs weren't stacking to begin with, but thinking on that, i should be able to find a way to let orbs spawned by the same players kills stack (until this max stack point), so well see about that in future updates.
    • Ender Signals (Eye of Ender) were fixed
    • Notice was added that we are still on 1.12 and to use 1.12 for best results
    • Drop rates for many SU2 items have been nerfed primarily at higher difficulties... I felt they were flooding into the economy a bit too fast. Some things use to be 100% drop, are now not
    • Fixed loophole players were abusing to spawn enraged silverfish
    While we are working on 1.13 now, we are still supporting 1.12, so some further updates may still occur, as 1.13 is likely still a month out.
  8. I have found that I was struggling to play on EMC with 1.13-- was unable to open doors for some reason
  9. HAHA YES! NOW U GUYS HAVE TO MINE LIKE ME!! I love that!
    ShelLuser and Elite like this.
  10. These drop nerfs are wayyy too harsh. I understand why they were toned down but now you are lucky if you get literally one of anything from these mobs, which just makes killing them on difficulty 10 not worth playing on. Playing on difficulty 10 is meant to be hard so that you get more drops, but making the game hard just to get nothing from killing the mobs is just silly IMO.

As information, I got 1 spark, 4 shiny fur, 1 rabbit head and 3 lucky rabbits feet on average per enraged rabbit I killed, which is understandably too high for mob drops, but now I rarely get more than two different items, in any quantity above one. It just makes fighting them on difficulty 10 really not worth it, if I wanted terrible loot drop chances I'd play on difficulty 5.
    ShelLuser, poofasaurus and 607 like this.
  11. I understand why you had to do this, but I believe that you nerfed the drops too much. Today alone, I have killed six enraged silverfish on difficulty 10 and not a single one of them has dropped a spike. Please buff the drops back up to something reasonable.
  12. The age old struggle of finding the right spot for loot drop rates on mobs. xD
  13. It all boils down to good gameplay. When players undertake something there should be at least some proper reward stacked against it. Especially if they're playing at the highest difficulty setting. Otherwise players will simply stop caring about the whole thing and that will be the end of that. Sounds harsh, but history has shown this to be true plenty of times. Even on the Empire.

I never had much problems inviting other players to help me fight Momentus (in all fairness: I prefer to fight it solo but still... sharing is caring) but when it came to Marlix... hardly. One of the main reasons which I was told was simple: the rewards, or risk of lack thereoff. You could put in 20min of effort and get nothing 'good' out of it. That demotivates players.

At the risk of sounding too harsh (NOT my intention) but there are more examples of this. Take the games server, it has so much potential yet it's usually empty. I know: that isn't about rewards perse, but gameplay is definitely a thing here. And with all due respect: I've scouted the place out myself a few times but after discovering 2 games which "doesn't work right now" you get demotivated and stop caring about trying to find more games. And that's the problem: it hardly gets discussed because... I think most players don't care that much anymore.

Gameplay is a curious yet weird thing. But if you don't get that right, players will eventually stop caring. History has shown this to be true.

In all fairness (and for context): I'm a rather sporadic player right now and basically ignore most of the bosses, I'm very much tempted to shut off their spawning entirely but I do enjoy fighting Momentus... Which I suppose could account for some of my negative bias against the new bosses because I hardly see Momentus spawn these days. And tell me what you'd like but the difficulty rating with these bosses is definitely not the same. IMO it should be. OR... we should have mini-bosses and real bosses to account for it.

Alas, just my 2 cents as usual.
  14. They were not intended to be super common...

I might adjust it slightly, but also make sure you are using Luck and Looting
  15. Would like to reinforce this, I've killed a total of 21 silverfish on diff 10 (With looting, a lucky rabbit's foot, and an upgraded Sorgina Gem) and have gotten 0 spikes. Plz tweak drop rates <3
    TomvanWijnen and 607 like this.
  16. I agree, I think the nerf was a bit to heavy to the point where i barely am getting anything from alot of the enraged mobs i struggle over. I understand; but perhaps not to the point where playing on difficulty 10 is the equivalent to playing on difficulty 6. The items were getting flooded in relatively quick but now it seems like the loot:mob spawns isn't worth the trouble. Collecting the mob heads is how i contribute to the collection and the Enraged drops are significantly lower. Bosses seem to be a better use of my time than dealing with collecting enraged silverfish; which rarely spawned as is. To have it even lower and worse drops it makes waiting for them to be mass collected a better option
  17. @Aikar, thanks for all the work but can you rework the low risk detection again. Since it activates after 3 hits by bow or underwater, it makes difficulty 10 creepers and gaurdians un avoidable to have a low risk. perhaps remove it for gaurdians since they are a ranged mob?
  18. Ive had similar problems with Enraged Shulkers the past 2 days, most of my hits now trigger low risk detection