The Survival Update - v2 - 6/30/18

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by Aikar, Jun 30, 2018.

1. These reports make it sound like it is something other than the percentage tweaks. They were lowered, but not that much. I am wondering if there is a math/calculation issue. Was planning on working on 1.13 tomorrow - but may take some time to look into this.

We (I) did do some more tweakings. Definitely missed guardians - I agree they should be treated as a ranged mob.
    As for creepers, I will look what we can do with difficulty 10 creepers. They are certainly a ... special mob. In that you kind of have to kill them in low risk situations otherwise they explode on you. I am open to suggestions, but I do have one idea.

I will also test them. Out of curiosity. How are you attacking them; sword or bow? So I can accurately determine how to fix them.
  2. I've had similar issues when fighting Marlix in shallow water. Fair shots with a bow, repeated low risk detection.
    JParsonsX and Dee6983 like this.
  3. You might just be shooting the bat. Shooting the bat triggers low risk detection for the bat because why not ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  4. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Was it still attacking you? I wonder if Marlix has 2 Risk Trackers on it. 1 for the bat, and 1 for the skeleton. That could be an issue. Will have to think more on that one.

Edit: ninjad. Definitely no one has described the issue this way - will fix.
    TomvanWijnen and 607 like this.
  5. Mainly with a Diamond Sword, some with a bow. I stand at 1 block to point blank standing on top of them, hit them and triggers it 80% of the time. Not sure why it doesn't trigger 100% of the time. There's the low % that it works just fine so Idk what Im doing during that.
    607 likes this.
  6. Okay. Thank you - will be looked into.
    TomvanWijnen and 607 like this.
  7. I've also noticed that shooting a marlix from directly underneath it triggers low risk detection. Maybe just disable the bat triggering low risk detection at all?
  8. Nah. I am just going to tie them together.
  9. Yeah. Ive triggered low risk detection pretty much every time i use a bow from more than 15 blocks away...even if im on like flat ground. I triggered it on a ghast in the overworld that was shooting at me but hadnt hit me yet...are bows illegal now lol
  10. This. I shot a spider while there one block above it and said block being between me and it. It also gets triggered if you attack anything in grass.
  11. Hitting an enraged creeper with a sword in a 2-high space triggers low risk detection every single time.
    Dee6983 and PetezzaDawg like this.
  12. I forgot to add, that a Player Setting was added for EXP particles a few days ago under Misc.
  13. I've been out looking for enraged endermites. What happened to those??
    ASliceOfRhyBread likes this.
  14. I haven't seen any, regardless of before or after the update :confused:
  15. Wouldn't they only spawn if you use a lot of ender pearls, though?
  16. regular endermites would yes but it seems very odd to make an enraged mob that has such a small chance of spawning
  17. Is there something wrong with the triggering of low risk detection!
    I literally stood there being mauled by a polar bear, and was getting the low risk detection.:confused:
    Was on diff 7 and using a sword wearing armor w/elytra.:D
  18. I will investigate this case this afternoon. Does sound like something bugged if what you described is true.
    luckycordel likes this.
  19. Yeah the low detection seems to be having many issues, sorry to work you so hard. I know you and aikar probably got your hands full with 1.13 stuff.
  20. I have a suspicion I know how to fix Enraged creepers. So +1 on that.

I also have fixed pending for Guardians, Shulkers, Marlix, and non-enraged creepers.

Regarding other mobs such as enraged polar bears, I am needing some more information on how you are fighting them. Like I need extensive details. As you must be fighting them different than I do.