The Second New Republic

Discussion in 'Frontier and Player Outposts' started by ocelot3101, Apr 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Well,democracy starts when we get a First Minister.
  2. The election is the main part of the democratic system. People getting a say on who is first minister.

I am going to recommend that you revise political systems...
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  3. Thank you.
  4. Okay, that's good. You should also leave room for lake front property, cuz even minecraft has very nice views
  5. I will.
    smile3 likes this.
  6. Thats a HUGH amount of wilderness terrain damage what i see. :(
    smile3, jkjkjk182 and rock00888 like this.
  7. And?
  8. An industrial looking, flat city is a boring city. A city built into and with the current terrain is is a beautiful and inviting city.
    Kephras, jrm531, L0tad and 3 others like this.
  9. this is what I was thinking
  10. Technically speaking,the Commercial and City Centre area's will NOT look industrial,only the Industrial District.
  11. UPDATE:
    I have done some work on Mahogany Town,by adding some signs,making stairs up to Elevated Houses,repairing roads,making bridges.
    I will also start work on a Town Hall right now.
    ;)
  12. There are no technicalities about it. If you destroy all of the natural feelings of an area by covering up lakes, flattening everything, or cutting down forests, it is going to feel like a replica Pyongyang.
  13. I am not FLATTENING EVERYTHING.
    You should see how much land was there at the start...
    ABSOLUTELY NONE.
  14. I see nothing besides "To be flattened", "To be paved over", and "To be dirtified" on your map. Of course you won't be flattening everything, you don't have the resources to do that. But you are still destroying the lands. One of the only major reoccurring themes in successful EMC outposts is building with the land. The terrain generation is all the framework you need to build a unique and inviting city. By destroying the only reason people live in the wild, you are just pushing away possible outpost members.

And I can see a lot of generated land on that map screen-shot. And then there is a disgusting looking cobble field covering up a natural ocean.

If you want to be successful in creating a new outpost, then start doing what people want. Almost everything you have done has resulted in people pointing out why it won't work or is not a good idea, and I know there are many more who feel the same but feel this is just a losing fight.

Sorry to be harsh, but if you wan't to find success, start making good on the idea that there is a voice to the people in this outpost. Currently there clearly is just one voice, yours. Maybe that is because you are the only voice, I don't know for sure, but if you want there to be more people at your outpost, start making it about everyone.
    SoulPunisher, smile3, Kephras and 3 others like this.
  15. Wow,if anyone actually BOTHERED,to vote someone for First Minister,or start a Political Party of their own and then become a candidate,well...
    And it is not a cobble field,it is Dirt coated in Stone Brick...
    We are having a Harbour and keeping SOME mountains,but not all...
  16. Sorry but I must jump in here, it seems that you ignored our advice to start small, you're hoping for a first minister and someone to start a political party but it's not enough you're moving too fast and trying to do too much. My advice? Slow down, pump the brakes, and develop your outpost a bit more.
    smile3, Kephras, mba2012 and 2 others like this.
  17. Okay.
  18. Hey, there's "some" nice parts in Pyongyang... : P
    NetherSpecter and jkjkjk182 like this.
  19. Indeed, the part that they show tourists, which is of course a front for slavery and gulags.
    NetherSpecter, mba2012 and jkjkjk182 like this.
  20. I was getting to that >.>
    NetherSpecter likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.