The Second New Republic

Discussion in 'Frontier and Player Outposts' started by ocelot3101, Apr 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ah thanks for the clarification, and I agree
    rock00888 likes this.
  2. No,people are leading them in.
    I lit EVERYWHERE in town last night.
  3. Didn't men and aggression soz
  4. It's still possible for there to be areas not properly lit. I doubt anyone who lives in the east wild area would have any interest in leading creepers into your town.
  5. Terrorists maybe?
    hollyhill105 likes this.
  6. I really very much doubt there's people purposely leading creepers in. If you wanted to grief something, just break the blocks by hand.
  7. ATTENTION:
    We need new citizens!
  8. People will join when they want. You can subtly suggest in peoples introduction threads though, if you want to.
  9. I'm worried about that,if they go all.
    "NO!"
  10. Just a FYI for those interested in what the leadership/government of this outpost is:
    SteamedEcko likes this.
  11. I feel like kitten is under a lot of stress. Perhaps we should use less accusing language (you know who you are.) . I don't want to start a flame war. Kitten, my recommendation atm would be to split the highest government position into three parts. I just don't know how we would vote. Perhaps just asking players to drop an item with a name on it into a hopper, which is connected to a locked chest. We could have a 3rd party count the votes. This is just a suggestion. If it does go through, I wouldn't mind helping run office.
    Dean_Catterson likes this.
  12. Wow,do your research,before you want to start a huge protest against me,note that a "de facto" leader has a CEREMONIAL role.
    And the "de jure",is the First Minister,who IS being elected.
  13. First Minister and First President are equal.
    First President ISN'T elected for a reason,being that I founded the Second New Republic.
    Ceremonial should not need to be elected.
  14. I know, MineCraft is so stressful.

I think I'll go back to the real world with health issues, looking for a job, wondering if my car is going to break down...

Anyways, I think some of the advice that's been given has been good. I also think people need to not care as much whether their advice is taken.

Personally, I'm not really into the whole "join our militia!" "run for office" "create a political party" "come follow my grandiose and detailed plans for world domination" type of minecraft experience. But I realize that everyone has their own style of gameplay. If you don't like people covering the landscape with structures that you would consider an eyesore, don't go there! That's one of the nice things about EMC: You can go way off by yourself and create something you consider beautiful and even claim a HUGE swath of land as YOURS, where noone can (legally) build anything ugly without your consent.

I think some of you should spend more time either being creative or think about how to offer some creative criticizm, like "Look at XYZ thread. Picture A, B, and C show off aspects that I really like to see in an outpost. Incorporate those and your outpost will be somewhere I want to visit / join." Whether you're in the workplace or on the internet, it generally works out better telling people how you think they could do better rather than just saying what you don't like about what they are doing.

My above words are an example of mixing both, which can also be helpful at times ;), so no raging tantrums about "but, you said something negative!"
  15. Moderated: Please stop with this line of accusation. If you feel a player is griefing, please contact staff to investigate. It only leads to negative drama on forums. Thanks.

Also, I've often suspected such things myself with my own builds. But with my experience has come knowledge of the peculiar ways creepers infiltrate a base. I could take a look at the area and help you possibly eliminate this from happening. Players experience mysterious creeper craters fairly often. :)
    jrm531, L0tad, jkjkjk182 and 2 others like this.
  16. You seem to contradict yourself, first saying the First Minister is Ceremonial, then saying it is equal to the First President, who is actually in charge of the place. If you just want to control everything yourself, which is the way it seems, why bother having a government at all?
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  17. :I
    First Minister is Government.
    First President is Ceremonial.
    And I do NOT want to control everything myself.
  18. Guys ur being very harsh on kitten it's like a pm against another country
  19. He contradicted himself. If he was clear, said what he wanted and consulted those who were part of the NR and LISTENED to us we could convey our message without the harshness.
    And what's a PM?
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  20. Prime minister
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.