The Second New Republic

Discussion in 'Frontier and Player Outposts' started by ocelot3101, Apr 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. :I
  2. Been reading through the thread and noticed a dominating trend: everybody loves to bash The Second New Republic.

Advice is always to be appreciated, as is constructive criticism - these are two ways by which people can improve things.

What I've seen in this thread to me is nothing short of utter disrespect - a lot of it by people who should know better. Nearly every post here by a member of NR2 is followed by a bombardment of criticism telling them they are doing it wrong. From experience its hard enough setting up an outpost without your every move being questioned by other players whom it does not concern. Kittens proposals on changing the environment surrounding Neoreopolis were met with particular outrage for what ever reason, likening the idea with the actions of North Korea when the project has absolutely nothing to do with you is simply distasteful. Just because kitten is taking an alternative approach to some other outposts with the cities development is no reason to ridicule the plans.

Get off NR2's back is what I'm saying. Their presence in the Eastern Frontier can be beneficial to everyone. Fair enough if you disagree with some of their policies, nobody is going to agree with everything, but the hatred being vented towards this outpost is extreme. I understand some players have had problems with NR2 in the past for their own reasons. However there are no problems here that can't be solved by peaceful means eg contacting staff if you have a complaint, peacefully talking the problem out with other players etc.

Keep it tasteful people. Cheers
  3. Was it really that hard to understand that the only reference in that post was to what the city looks like? I guess I will rephrase that next time I need to use it.
    SoulPunisher likes this.
  4. Highlighted in blue are instances when you flat out disrespected NR2 and/or kitten. In yellow are instances where you state your opinions as if they are infallible facts.

I'm sure the comparison with Pyongyang was also a subtle little dig, but what ever. Point is nobody has the right to tell people how they should go about making an outpost (apart from staff if a persons activites are affecting someone else or breaking rules).
    kitten3101 and hollyhill105 like this.
  5. Too be fair, I personally see no disrespect in any of those highlighted comments. Maybe its just a matter of perspective, but I agree with jk
  6. Fair enough that is your opinion. But from my perspective as an outpost owner I wouldn't really appreciate it if someone completely untied to my project were to come from nowhere and tell me I'm destroying the land, my city is ugly or that I'm a dictator etc.

Advice is always good, but I would not class the previous comments as advice but rather blunt statements criticising a certain player.
    kitten3101 and Elysphic like this.
  7. The first quote was clearly an explanation of what another member had pointed out, and kitten had missed. The second quote was a list of blunt advice. Most of the non-blunt advice/rule stating given in relation to this outpost has been met with a form of "thanks for your opinion but I will continue doing this and get upset later because it doesn't work out". I am giving this blunt advice in hopes of not seeing another thread about this outpost pop up anymore.

Also, I would like you to explain to me how an outpost that is doing what people don't want will gather any long term residents.
    Advice doesn't have to be padded to be said. Padding hasn't work in the past with this outpost, so why would it work now?
    mba2012 and Dwight5273 like this.
  8. The 'advice' was worded in a very disparaging way. If the player clearly doesn't want to take your advice on board; why continually bombard every post he makes with more?

Maybe the reason previous advice wasn't taken on board was because the player wanted to do things their own way. Just because it wasn't taken in whilst 'padded' also doesn't give licence to slaughter every move this outpost makes with more attacks.

If you feel the player isn't appreciative of your advice, how about you move on and let them be?
    SteamedEcko likes this.
  9. Put my word in here: I been watching this thread for some time now because past NR threads. Throughout this thread there hasn't been any insult towards each other. Just advice to kitten that he needs to think and do small right now and let the community grow so in the future he can try his ideas out. Like that old quote says "Rome wasn't built in a day"
  10. I'm not the one building a ugly house in Downtown...
  11. NOTICE:
    To whoever likes playing Creeper Bombs at the Kitz Hotel Neorepopolis,it's getting old,I know your doing this on purpose now,SAME PLACE EVERY TIME.
  12. Perhaps you should light it up.
    SteamedEcko and jkjkjk182 like this.
  13. Perhaps people should stop leading creepers into the town
  14. NOTICE:
    We have achieved 1000 views!
    This is quite a bit for a Wilderness Frontier thread!
    hollyhill105 likes this.
  15. Well... there is the LLO thread with 172,898 views...

100 is still a pretty good number :)
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  16. 1000.
    Only another 172 1000 views to go!
    hollyhill105 likes this.
  17. There is no lighting in that place at all last time I checked. Maybe lighting it up would help
    mba2012 and jkjkjk182 like this.
  18. Already been suggested steam. I feel a bit of aggression here...
  19. By me? My bad I was just trying to make the point that the place was poorly lit :p
  20. Oh no, sorry I was a bit unclear. I ment that the perhaps people should stop leading creepers into town comment felt a bit hostile to me.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.