The fact thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Mrlegitislegit, May 21, 2012.

1. It's a bit debatable because nobody really knows who started Heavy Metal. You can try to research it but you'll find several answers like Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, Steppenwolf, LedZepplin.

At the same time you will find articles that state as Legit said, people credit HelterSkelter being and influence on Heavy Metal.
  2. I never said Helter Skelter did not have an influence on metal, I just said it was not the first metal song. Different people will give you different answers on who started metal. What I've found is that almost all people in metal bands and people who listen to metal will say that Black Sabbath started it. I think what separates Black Sabbath from the other bands is that they were the first to add an evil tone to their music. Many people consider them the first metal band because they sounded different from everybody else; they combined elements of the blues, classical music( I mean the darker, more evil sounding classical), and jazz. Nobody had done this before; that is why most metal fans say Black Sabbath is the first metal band.
    PandasEatRamen likes this.
  3. I wasn't saying you didn't say the thing about influence. I was just trying to explain it better before you and Legit ended up in an argument.
  4. I think the title says 'Fact Thread' not 'Let's argue about an ambiguous subject Thread'
    Kells18, SunnyDayz100, IamSaj and 4 others like this.
  5. FACT: If you take all the veins in your body and lay them end to end in a straight line on the ground, you will die.
  6. Fact: Empire Minecraft is the best server in the world.
    matthew12hydro likes this.
  7. FALSE!
    It's Empire Minecraft, not Empire Minecarft.
    Big difference.
    oidgod likes this.
  8. The highest mountain is Everest, being the highest point above sea level. However, Mauna Kea is the tallest, even though it is not the highest, because it's base is quite a ways below sea level.
  9. secret you explained it way better than i did.
    it is possible to light a nether portal without flint and steel. you get wood to light on fire (lava, Flint and steel (that would be pointless though) etc.) and then trail it into the nether portal, lighting it. fire is what lights it, not exclusively flint and steel.

creepers have a dry leaf-like skin according to notch.
  10. A blank firing magazine For the cadet l98a2 gp rifle has yellow on so you don't accidentally Pick up a live firing one and shoot people. In the uk
  11. Was it here I read about that Pineapple thing?

If not, did you know that you can prevent someones sneeze by saying pineapple right before they sneeze? This is because it is so random that the brain forgets to continue the sneezing process or something like that. Don't blame me if this is wrong. Blame the Facebook post of a tumblr post :p
    SunnyDayz100 and imBobertRobert like this.
  12. Well it worked the first time, but not the second. My dad has bad allergies right now.
    AssignedInsanity likes this.
  13. The main reason it works is because it is unexpected and random :p So I guess it is a one use per week or so thing, depending on their memory XD
    IamSaj likes this.
  14. or say a different fruit each time, like yell out APPLE! then BANANA! then PINEAPPLE! then TOMATO (its a fruit haters)! then once out of all the fruits that you can think of, start yelling out random objects.
    ah,ah,ah-Ach PINEAPPLE! funny thing to think about. made me laugh a lot after thinking about it.
    also yell pika before they sneeze. so its like:
    ah,ah, ah-*interrupting bobert here* PIKA-CHOO!
    EDIT: crap no fact... um... i wearz my watch on the wrong side!
  15. What a rebel!
  16. actually when i was a we little boy i didnt really pay attention to detail, so when i got my first watch at 6 i was like "hell yeah now its time to be an adult and wear a watch," but i mirrored everybody, so i wore it on the wrong side. then i got tan lines (tanning? hah! im irish and norwegian! tanning to me is like growing wings and flying over the non-existent surface of the sun!) on my right wrist, so it would look weird if i switched. alas, nobody gives a crap about it, unless i look at it, or our watches clink together.
    EDIT: ok new fact! um... the first computer was the ENIAC, which was built in iowa state university! (thats where im probably going to go to college)
    EDIT of the EDIT: i already used that fact so... my leftmost ALT key doesnt work?
  17. One person has survived rabies with no shot. She had to re-learn to talk and walk again though.

Your hair is dead.

Ok, is the shortest complete sentence.

You can have better then 20/20 vision. 20/20 is just normal.

If your cat has white fur and blue eyes, its most likely deaf.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  18. According to me, I like cookies with chicken noodle soup
  19. If you have 3 quarters, 4 dimes, and 4 pennies, you have $1.19. you also have the largest amount of money in coins without being able to make change for a dollar

Some toothpaste's contain antifreeze

There are 293 ways to make change for a dollar.

The Eisenhower interstate system requires that one mile in every five must be straight. These straight sections are usable as airstrips in times of war or other emergencies
    IamSaj likes this.
  20. The Beatles still get the most radio playtime in the world.

Around 95% of software in China is pirated.

90% of the votes on Rebecca Blacks song Friday are dislikes.

It would take around 30 years to count to a billion.