The fact thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Mrlegitislegit, May 21, 2012.

1. One fifth of all the publications from Japan are comic books.

Walt Disney was scared of mice.

In cards, the only king without a mustache is the king of hearts.

A dentist is the inventor of the electric chair.
    xI_LIKE_A_PIGx likes this.
  2. Mrlegitislegit has a plan
  3. ooo ooo I have a fact! America's educational system is trash!
  4. FACT: approximately 1 out of 3 americans are overweight
    migueldemesa, IamSaj and AlexHallon like this.
  5. FACT: this is my 300th post
    migueldemesa likes this.
  6. I am the Walrus by The Beatles has no meaning. John wrote it to confuses his old school teachers, who were having their classes study their lyrics. He was also as high as a kite when he wrote it.

Disney made a film called The story of menstruation... I am not kidding.

Horton hears a who was Dr Seuss apology to Japan for his animosity towards Japan during WW2.
  7. If you turn your watch upside down in India, you get the time in the UK. :cool:
    xI_LIKE_A_PIGx and migueldemesa like this.
  8. A man has been cured of HIV, but no one knows exactly how.

Other then The incredibles, The Pizza Plant truck has been in every Pixar film since Toy Story.

John wanted Hitler, Gandhi, and Jesus to be on the cover of Sgt Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band, but were left out. Also, the hand over Paul's head is NOT Hitler's, like some people say.

Have you ever wanted to watch people cross the Abbey Road cross-walk, well you can!
    http://www.abbeyroad.com/crossing
    PandasEatRamen likes this.
  9. The American flag on US army uniforms is backwards.

Hours before murdering John Lennon, Mark David Chapman got Lennon's autograph. Thats what you call a hipster.

No one knows where Mozart is buried.
    IamSaj likes this.
  10. The ground.
  11. The End by The Beatles was the last song recorded by all four. I me Mine was the last song to be recorded by The Beatles. John is not on the track.

Because Sgt Peppers and With A little help with my friends flow into each other very smoothly, it causes problems for radio stations who don't want to play both songs.

Hitler was Times Man of the year for 1938.

Even though Canada's Beach on D-Day was the most fortified and had the biggest part of the seawall, they still had the least causality's. It might have to do with them having only one beach to take, but its still shows the Canada's army can still kick some butt.
    IamSaj and AssignedInsanity like this.
  12. 12 newborns will be given to the wrong parents daily.

7%of Americans don't know the first 9 words of the American anthem, but know the first 7 of the Canadian anthem.

5% of Canadians don't know the first 7 words of the Canadian anthem, but know the first 9 of the American anthem.
  13. Doesn't matter what you do in life. In the end, it will all boil down to choosing what color explosion you and your loved ones dies in.
  14. a newton is a measurement equal to the average weight of an apple. get it? because an apple fell on newtons head? ha!
    fig newtons are not named after sir Isaac newton, but a town in Illinois.
    Stephen Hawking (wheel chair scientist guy, pretty beast too) is married. he also could walk when he was a kid, but because of a degenerative disease he slowly lost control of his limbs. on his wheelchair, he actually uses his eyes to move and "talk" because there is a motion tracker pointed at his eye.
    stephen hawking can smile even though he has very little control of his face.
  15. The Sahara is NOT the biggest desert on earth, and Mt. Everest is NOT the tAllest mountain on Earth.
  16. Your Sneeze Travels 100mph
  17. ... then what is the BIGGEST desert, and what is the TALLEST mountain?
    Kells18 and AlexHallon like this.
  18. The desert is Antartica, being a frozen desert. And the tallest Mt. Is Muana Kea, at 33,476 feet. However, it is partially underwater.
    DogsRNice likes this.