The fact thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Mrlegitislegit, May 21, 2012.

1. YES, I know there was already a fact thread, but it says its very old, and it would be better to make a new one, rather then bump it.

I made this thread for people to share little facts they they know with each other! Please, nothing that could be offence to other people please.

At around 2:55 in Hey Jude, by The Beatles, John yells out cord, meaning that one of them is playing in the wrong cord. Around 2:58, Paul says ******* hell.
  2. Antartica is a desert
    xI_LIKE_A_PIGx, DogsRNice and Manglex like this.
  3. There's a myth that babies can see angels
  4. In the promotional video for Penny Lane, due to bad editing, John puts on the same sun glasses in 5 seconds.
  5. I am not actually a waffle
  6. I have a great fact, but it's a secret.
  7. The KKK denounced the WBC. WBC member's are also banned from entering Canada and the UK.
  8. An option for the moon landing mission was to dock with a giant fuel tank in orbit around the earth and take that to the moon.
  9. The first song from Earth aliens will hear is Across the universe, by The Beatles.
    prof_genius, IPwnCreeps and IamSaj like this.
  10. I'm going regular member tomorrow 24h EST. :(
  11. Human lungs contain over 300,000 million capillaries (tiny blood vessels). If they were laid end to end, they would stretch 2400km (approximately 1500 miles).
  12. It is believed that your brain is still active 7-8 minutes after death, and in that time you actually do see your life, but it feels as if it where normal time. Science has proved this theory many times with lab rats and even a few dedicated scientists who gave their body to science as they where dying. This means that we could be infact dying or dead currently, but we don't know it. This is a case that has elements similar to schrodingers cat theory.
  13. I would like to thank you for putting that thought into my head, as I'm about to go to sleep...
  14. your brain is most active during sleep, mainly REM (rapid eye movement) sleep. this is when you dream.
  15. The 57 on Heinz ketchup bottles represents the number of varieties of pickles the company once had.
  16. In Sweden Collage,Hospitals and all schools are free to go to, But we do have 25% taxes on almost everything,( So I i buy candy for 100r, I have to pay 125 but only 100r goes to the store)
    AlexHallon likes this.
  17. Sperm whales can produce up to 50litres of sperm...looks like thats why they produced that name.
    xoluss, josh303011 and dylan_frenette like this.
  18. the first computer was made at Iowa State University. Iowa represent!
    josh303011 likes this.
  19. If you don't adapt you get killed (banned) ! :p
  20. According to suicide statistics, Monday is the favored day for self-destruction.
    josh303011 and dylan_frenette like this.