The fact thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Mrlegitislegit, May 21, 2012.

1. alomst 10% of minecraft players dont know who notch or jeb are. after a poll done on some various servers (sadly EMC was not involved) it was shown that most of this 10% was below the age of 12.
    IamSaj and Tehwafflez like this.
  2. Today Mr. Trolol guy died of a stroke D: and no, I am not bluffing/ trolling :)

3. The IRS will still collect taxes, even after a nuclear attack.

The largest check written was for 9 billion.
  4. Mr. Trololo, AKA Eduard Khil has died on June 4th 2012, after having a stroke in april. he was 77 at the time. No, i am not trolling, but i think that this day should be declared international troll day in his honor. :( he died in saint Petersburg Russia.
    alex_jacob likes this.
  5. oh come on! i was gone for 7 minutes and i get beat to it!
    EDIT: i still need a fact, so how about the use of trololo was to use different words, because the original song was about a U.S cowboy singing about how his wife was knitting him stockings, but he changed it to words that sounded like 'trololo'.
    alex_jacob likes this.
  6. Frank Beard of ZZ Top is the only one with NO beard.
    Tehwafflez likes this.
  7. Let's see, um...moose don't have top teeth. They have a hard palate on the top of their mouth that they use to strip leaves off trees and plants.
  8. Root Beers are called "Root" Beers because the ingredient that is used to make them is the root of a sassafras plant (or the bark of a sassafras tree).

Java was originally founded and made by Patrick Naughton because he was beginning to get frustrated with the C++ and C language.

Elin Zetterstrand, Markus Persson's spouse, is a moderator in Minecraftforums.
  9. Ginger root is used to make ginger ale, not 'gingers' (such a derogatory term), so dot feel bad drinking up that non-alcoholic sparkly juice.

I'm deciding whether or not to stay on EMC or go to the bathroom. I really need to go, but emc is just too much... Emc.
    Seberling likes this.
  10. What does lebron do when he finally gets a finals ring? He logs off eBay.
  11. The song I want you, she's so heavy by the Beatles, Is about a man who is longing for a women, but as the song goes on, its apparent that the man is a psycho, and obsesses over the women, in-till his mine SHATTERS, and you got to hear the long, slow process of this happening.
  12. The Alcoa plant in Evansville Indiana produces enough electricity in one day to power 300,000 homes.
    (They make aluminum)

Air catches on fire at 1200 degrees. Know as a flash over, a firefighter has 5 seconds to escape, or die.
  13. None of The Beatles could read music.

A type of mushroom was named after Spongebob Squarepants.

Elvis's hair was naturally blonde.
    IamSaj and AlexHallon like this.
  14. Theres not a 50/50 chance a coin will land on either side. It has a small chance of landing standing up.
    Seberling likes this.
  15. Richard Nixon had a speech ready in case the Apollo crew got stranded on the moon.

Team fortress and counter strike were both mods for Half life. Valve later hired the mod makers.

Every song released by The Beatles made it to the top ten on the charts.

If your copy of the White Album, a album by The Beatles, has a serial code on it, you have one of the first copy's of the record.
  16. Not sure if someone posted this little tid-bit of awesomeness already, but turtles can breathe through their butts. ;)
    DogsRNice likes this.
  17. It it illegal to sleep on top of a refrigerator outdoors.in Pennsylvania
    DogsRNice and CambriaKilgannon like this.
    1. Spiny lobsters migrate in groups of 50 or more, forming a conga line on the ocean floor.
    2. The human brain is about 80% water.
    3. On average a man spends about five months of his life shaving.
    4. The highest denomination issued by the U.S. was the 100,000 dollar bill.
    5. New Jersey is home to the world's first drive-in movie theater.
    6. Polar bears can smell a seal from 20 miles away.
    7. The number seven has the highest probability of occurring as an addition when rolling dice.
  18. Fact: I have a pure hatred of shorts because even if you sit still they still slowly crawl their way up your legs when sitting making me feel very uncomfortable, and as though I am a 15 yeah old girl wearing short-shorts. I still wear them so I don't get too hot in the summer.
    IamSaj likes this.
  19. 40% of poop is ALIVE.

^u^ I am happy i got this in your thoughts.... >:3
    SunnyDayz100 and DogsRNice like this.