The fact thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Mrlegitislegit, May 21, 2012.

1. A mole can dig over 250 feet of tunnel in a single night - Should be made an honorary member of EMC :rolleyes:
    SecretAznEks likes this.
  2. EMC is a minecraft server…
    imBobertRobert likes this.
  3. Fact: Texas ATM football is going have a terrible record in their up coming season .
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  4. James Dean made Jeans popular.

Microsoft is ASKING people not to use Internet explore 6.

Every year, The Netherlands sends 10K tulips to Canada as a thank you for sheltering Princess Margriet and also liberating The Netherlands during WW2.
    imBobertRobert likes this.
  5. FACT: technically the egg came first since a chicken was hatched from it, and the egg was laid by a slightly (miniscule difference really) different chicken ancestor that, through evolution, laid a slightly superior egg. now this is my theory. please dont kill me, for i am not sure i even believe myself.
    SunnyDayz100 likes this.
  6. Facts: Mrlegitslegit is a huge beetles fan
    Aproximately 50% of Mrlegitslegit's posts is about the beetles
    The biggest beetle in the world is the giant weta. it measures 7 inches (wingspan) it eats carrots

7. Its The Beatles, not Beetles....
  8. Fact: I am a pig fanatic.
    IamSaj likes this.
  9. WW2
    The Russians destroyed over 500 German aircraft by ramming them in midair. They also sometimes cleared minefields by marching over them.

It was a common practice on fighter planes to load every 5th round with a tracer round to aid in aiming. That was a mistake. The tracers had different ballistics so (at long range) if your tracers were hitting the target, 80% of your rounds were missing. Worst yet, the tracers instantly told your enemy he was under fire and from which direction. Worst of all was the practice of loading a string of tracers at the end of the belt to tell you that you were out of ammo. That was definitely not something you wanted to tell the enemy. Units that stopped using tracers saw their success rate nearly double and their loss rate go down.

Fact: This is my favorite thread.
  10. Wearing Headphones for just an hour will increase the bacteria in your ear by 700 times.
  11. People say "Bless you" when you sneeze because when you sneeze, your heart stops for a milli-second.
  12. If you try to suppress a sneeze, you can rupture a blood vessel in your head or neck and die.
    AlexHallon likes this.
  13. Mice are clean animals and will make certain places in their cage for food, bathroom and for sleeping.
  14. Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia is the fear of long words.:eek:
    HylianNinja likes this.
  15. Haggis, a traditional Scottish dish, is made from the lungs, heart, and liver of a sheep, chopped with onions, seasonings, suet, and oatmeal, and then boiled in a bag made from the sheep's stomach - Yum, Yum (I mean it - that is the yum, yum :))
  16. Antidisestablishmentarism is the longest word IN the dictionary.
  17. I don't wish to sound too pernickety, but I think you will find the word is antidisestablishmentarianism :p
  18. You can use blaze rods in a furnace and it lasts longer than coal.
  19. you can use lava buckets in a furnace and it lasts longer than blaze rods :)
    IamSaj and Equinox_Boss like this.
  20. pluto is a planet
    DONT DENY IT