The fact thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Mrlegitislegit, May 21, 2012.

1. The fact is, I am the coolest one here. :)
    333kirby likes this.
  2. The word "nerd" was first coined by Dr. Seuss in "If I Ran the Zoo."
    DogsRNice likes this.
  3. When you die your hair still grows for a couple of months
    josh303011 likes this.
  4. Only 55% of all Americans know that the sun is a star.

America once issued a 5-cent bill

A walla-walla scene is one where extras pretend to be talking in the background -- when they say "walla-walla" it looks like they are actually talking.
    josh303011 and AssignedInsanity like this.
  5. The most money ever paid for a cow in an auction was $1.3 million.

There are two credit cards for every person in the United States.
    josh303011 likes this.
  6. We said facts,Not lies! :p
  7. The sound of E.T. walking was made by someone squishing her hands in jelly.

The three best-known western names in China: Jesus Christ, Richard Nixon, and Elvis Presley.
    josh303011 and Equinox_Boss like this.
  8. Neptune's moon, Triton, will start to get too close to Neptune, pulling it apart and creating a new ring system.
    josh303011 likes this.
  9. There are twice as many kangaroos in Australia as there are people. The kangaroo population is estimated at about 40 million.

The Australian $5 to $100 notes are made of plastic.
    josh303011 likes this.
  10. Paul McCartney plays drums on Back in the USSR, because Ringo left the band for s short time.

Ringo got the most fan-mail out of all The Beatles.

All of The Beatles were married at LEAST twice.
    josh303011 likes this.
  11. Mary Stuart became Queen of Scotland when she was only six days old.

Flying from London to New York by Concord, due to the time zones crossed, you can arrive 2 hours before you leave.
    josh303011 and AssignedInsanity like this.
  12. if your hand is bigger than your face, then you still have just as equal odds of having cancer compared to if your hand is smaller than your face.

silk touch tools do not work on ice, vines, air (yes that is a block of data value 00) end portal, end portal frame, nether portal, bedrock (obviously) and many more.
    josh303011 and JabrZer0 like this.
  13. The Alligator Snapping turtle has the bite force of a T-rex that is 2700-5700 newtons.......
    josh303011 likes this.
  14. If you want to be a supporter, you need to pay money
  15. The sounds the Velociraptors make in Jurassic park are actuctally a mix of Elk, geese, horses and cobra noises
    If you haven't seen Jurassic Park.......you are missing one of lthe best movies ever made
    333kirby, josh303011, IamSaj and 2 others like this.
  16. The Mayan Calender doesn't account for leap years, which would mean now would be around September or October of 2013, and the world should have ended almost a year ago.
  17. The Mayan calender works in 20s and 13s, and this would be the end of the 13th largest cycle. Scientists don't even know if it ends on the 13th, or the 20th which would be in 8000. Btw, alek, the mayan calender doesn't count in years, it just that the largest cycle restarts on dec. 21, 2012. I read about it. There is also a large asteroid that is going to pass by earth in 2021, possibly creating another moon.
    josh303011 likes this.
  18. Helter Skelter by The Beatles is considered the first heavy metal song ever written. It was also written by Paul, who was known for his silly love songs.
    josh303011 likes this.
  19. I am definately learning something here
  20. My plan is working...

Every three minutes, someone in the world reports a UFO.

24 hours of video are uploaded to Youtube every minutes.

While touring in the US, The Beatles would refuse to play if Blacks weren't allowed to sit where ever they wanted.