The end of Smp4?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Marijn2552, Sep 5, 2017.

1. I joined the Empire Minecraft about five years ago, since the beginning I've always played on Smp4. Lately I notice that Smp4 is well, comming to its end. Whenever I get online, there are only a few people playing.

I have a shop on Smp4, and it isn't running well. In one week, I get around one visiter that buys something.
    I started a second shop, on smp7. And well, its so much better! Like tonight! Seven people, that I've never seen before bought €25.000 worth of items. And every time I get on smp7, there are people talking in Town chat!

Howcome that Smp4 is starving?
    607, Silken_thread and deathconn like this.
  2. Smp 3 & 4 are both mostly used for farming & outposts. I know it becomes active on 4 during firefloor but thats about it. The main reason 7 is so active lately is because 7 & 8 are where people have moved too,so everyone ends up being there to see their friends, it could also be attributed to not enough events being hosted on those servers since like I said the only one is Firefloor every Thursday. Most of the smp's end up having a niche about them: smp1 - the first server where memories are, smp2 - the more quiet server for builders & shops,smp3/smp4 - the farming servers for Outposts,smp5 - the mob arena smp,smp6- pvp,smp7 - lots of players living there,smp8 - crazy wild adventures, smp9 - mostly shops, utopia - mostly big schmetica builds/some shops with most people out in the wild.

But thats just my opinion.
  3. :(

have 2 admit that ive not been on smp4 for a while now. havent played much and when i did i was on smp2.

well, thats it. imma tell shell that its my turn now and we need 2 play on 4 4 a while ^.^
    607 likes this.
  4. It's not necessarily that SMP4 is "dying" in any way, it just simply has a different group of people. If I don't want to be bothered and talk to anyone, I go to SMP3, SMP4 or Utopia because they're generally quieter, while if I'm in the mood for a bit of fun and a chat I'll go on SMP7 or SMP8 because it's a bit more upbeat and wild! Each server has a different group of people that in a way makes that SMP unique in its own way. It's almost like every server has its own "personality" and the community is all responsible for that, and Qkazooo also explained this. I mean, for example, SMP8 didn't start out wild, a group of wild people came along and obviously influenced SMP8 in a way that way that the "personality" I guess just kind of stuck, and that's how SMP8 is today.

So with this being said, if you're looking for more activity for your shop, perhaps SMP4 isn't the right place for you when comparing it with your other shop on SMP7. Again, it doesn't mean that SMP4 is dying or coming to its end, just that theres a different group of people on there. It's like starting any business in real life where your location is a determining factor as to how successful your business is. But anyways, this is all just an observation made as an active member myself, take it as you please.
  5. Thanks for all the reactions! I understand it much better now.
    PikminSplatoon likes this.
  6. We have an /smp4 ??? No, no, no.... I don't believe it.
    ShelLuser, Tuqueque and FoxyRavenger like this.
  7. What is EmpireMinecraft? Sounds like a good server.
    AyanamiKun, Tuqueque and AncientTower like this.
  8. Minecraft? What's that?
    Tuqueque likes this.
  9. *Cough* Firefloor is on games now *Cough*
  10. I don't think I have anything to add to this discussion, but I find this sentence rather dubious. :p
    Jay2a likes this.
  11. That attitude wouldn't have anything to do with the fact that you are 25% of SMP4's joined accounts, would it?
    ShelLuser, 607, _Devuu__ and 2 others like this.
  12. *cough* I wouldnt know ive been working the past 3 thursdays*cough*
  13. *Cough*

Edit:
    But to weigh in Smp4 to me is known as a farm server where people's outposts including mine are placed, I would say it is one of the quietest servers. Smp8 Smp1 Smp7 I would say are more lively
    TomvanWijnen and Qkazooo like this.
  14. If I read everyone's opinion, I think I should move my shop away from smp4.
  15. If your shop is popular enough to be profitable, most people won't care which SMP it's on.

See: Shavingfoam
    ShelLuser and Hoops_McCann like this.
  16. Hahaha I wished my shop was as well-known as Shavingfoam's or Wassathens! Too bad it isn't. It still has to build a name.
    607 likes this.
  17. I actually don't think it matters, most poeple server-hop a lot annyway, and have 5+vaults. (or anyway, the bigger buyers) so I don't think it will really matter, I have had a meggamall on smp1 for quite some time (it has now been closed ofr over two years sadly, I'm still working on opening it) and looking at the people that came to it (via shopkeeper) the main smp didn't seem to matter, only for the people that buy "four seeds" or something, well, to be honest, you won't make profit of that, it's the builders/redstroners that are to lazy to get their materials and just buy every single item they need in a mall that does the trick, and those people server-hop a lot :)
    607 and Marijn2552 like this.
  18. I remember your shop.
    607 and Jelle68 like this.