The Empire of the Future - My vision! (Updated: 7/13/18)

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by Aikar, Feb 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. There's always 1... ;)
  2. A thought that I also had. Say I'm a regular user, (not a supporter, I wouldn't be able to claim another residence.) and I just finished very large build in current town, and the next day new town is released, and I want to move to the new town. Would I have to tear down my building and rebuild it in new town, or would I be able to pay a fee to have my building moved?
  3. Dragon Tombs will just not be possible to do solo :/

It would destroy the ideas on how to make the fight challenging and fun (essentially, making the fight easier so 1 person can do it solo), and having 2 different versions of the fight would be a lot of extra time and would make the ones who did it properly feel cheated.

Maybe farther down the road we could look at some sort of single player version that gives you 1/5th the reward, but I would wait until more of the other wanted features are done.

Dragon Tombs will be designed in a way you can simply earn the right to enter the fight (solo for that part, but easier to get access working with others), then ask for people to help you do the fight in town.

I PROMISE you, you are not going to have problems getting people to say yes to join your group to help you kill it lol. If you don't really want to talk to them then you could just do that, group but not be social, but I just don't see many people actually doing that... :)

You don't need friends, you just need to ask for others to join, and then they might become your new friend.

Trust me, as someone who has played MMORPG games for 7 years of my life, grouping with strangers is the best way to make strangers into friends :)
    607 likes this.
  4. having claimed land in the wilderness would mess up the economy
    -People would have VERY easy access to the wilderness even if their base is 100k blocks away from the spawn
    -People will have more resources and be more rich
    -The economy would go into a deeper inflation due to the lack of difficulty of finding ores (ores will be more common cause it would be so easy to go mining)
    -The wilderness wouldn't be as dangerous anymore

having bigger residences would make people angry as they worked hard on their residence(s) and would have to adjust to the size. 60x60 is already good enough

choosing what you want is a lot better as it is currently expensive for any supporter status
    supporter should be permanent or extended before you get billed again

this doesn't sound like "french vanilla gameplay"

When will the mail system come out? It would be very useful
  5. http://empireminecraft.com/threads/...-for-what-is-to-come.35977/page-2#post-686871

If you don't want a bigger residence, then don't move/claim one :)

Very unlikely to ever make any change like that. It would become hard to sustain EMC if that was done. The sheer fact that many of our supporters have been supporting for a year or more, shows they feel the service is worth the money.

The ideas for redesigning the system is to improve it to make it even more useful to supporters, but changing it in ways you suggest would not help the server, and instead would harm it.

Why not? Everything here is still FOUNDED on the core elements and activities of Minecraft.
    ... With extra flavor.
    Unlike PVP servers and mini games that are based on nothing of the core minecraft experience.

We are not going to be a hardcore mini game server, but simply provide some for fun sake, so players can simply have options to do something different each day and not have to leave EMC to do it.

Not sure, trying to focus on DT then well try to finish that.
    NZScruffy and mba2012 like this.
  6. You aren't quite getting what the land claiming in the wild will be like. It will simply be protected land and you can grant others permission to build etc. on it. It will still have damage, hunger etc.
  7. being able to teleport from the town to the wilderness that far away... is what you need to see
  8. Wouldn't there fights over who gets the dragon egg?
  9. There is going to be a huge cost involved. You will need to have at least one egg, plus a fairly large amount of rupees. I think it's fair, and as far as I can see, most of the community too.
  10. So youre saying the arena will be so hard that it cant be beat by going in solo? I would like some comparison of difficulty because MineCraft in general is very easy and would like to see something that is actually challenging :p
    marine4121 likes this.
  11. Everyone gets one :)
    mba2012 likes this.
  12. Ok, makes sense :)
  13. Imagine 60 players in one dragon tomb
    607 likes this.
  14. I've come up with a few small(?) suggestions for some of these features. I'm thinking that instead of creating a mini games world on each server, one mini games server is created. This would be a better way to get members of the community together and playing games. The same thing could be done with a PvP server. A hub server should also be created, sort of like major mini games servers have. And this could have a mob arena or official EMC arena on it, as well as the tutorial and maybe some other stuff. And it would act as a community meeting place or something like that.
    607 likes this.
  15. Goodbye ecomoney! Perhaps a player Limit?
  16. From the images I have seen of the dragon tombs, you'd struggle to get anything done with 60 people, there'd be people everywhere.
    607 and jkjkjk182 like this.
  17. I think a separate server not world is the idea :)
    They won't be easy to find. It's not like there will be a /dragontomb command to get there, you'll have to find portals which change and spawn on a formula in the wild. Also, it would be hard to get that many players together at one time. :)
  18. I'm not sure why people think that being able to tp to the wild makes it any less dangerous. You still have to mine for the resources and there's still mobs/mini bosses/bosses, it's just accessible from a different location.
  19. who said it was just 1?
    607 likes this.
  20. Imagine doing /shop
    The code looks at which /server you are on and transports you to that shop, meaning that it does /server smp2 shop
    Games world would just take you to a new server. With bungee it is possible to name each server what ever we want, so in this case we can have /Games World, or we could name them random things like '/funny named server'
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.