The Empire of the Future - My vision! (Updated: 7/13/18)

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by Aikar, Feb 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I am extremely impressed by these plans/ideas. Once the ball gets rolling, I will be finding time and motivation to return to EMC and increasing my bandwidth here at home for a smoother playing experience.

Mojang has dropped the ball continually since Notch passed the ball to Jeb_. I applaud Notch for his decision to release 1.0 and move on to another project. The man built a game he wanted to play and he didn't want the world to treat him like God. He is very humble and that is why I respect the man so thoroughly. He didn't create Minecraft for the money and he even gave it all away to his original staff and their offices. He doesn't own a private jet and he is rarely in the news now. He is happy because he got off the roller coaster at its peak for him. He left just as he accomplished all he wanted and allowed someone else to control the future and ultimately receive the public's criticisms that he recognized as inevitable.

Aikar, keep fixing the mistakes that Mojang is making to improve the Empire Minecraft experience. Build this into the next great success story and be proud of your accomplishments. I am sad that I can't stay along for the ride and contribute to the success that is and will be EMC.

I brag all the time in my Business Management classes about Minecraft and Empire Minecraft. I sang praises about the EMC community while receiving care at my in-patient rehabilitation clinic for drug addiction and PTSD, in addition to my therapists before and after the stay in the clinic.

EMC is my second home. Minecraft brought me here but the community kept me here. That magic is still here today. I still visit because I love this community and the friends I made here. I am not leaving now and I am not leaving later. Minecraft is the core of this community but the forums are the place that keeps me here.

Thanks for reading. :)

See you around the Empire, at some point or another. :D
    BevK56, cddm95ace, 607 and 7 others like this.
  2. I love the ideas you have Aikar! Cant wait till they hopefully come! :)
  3. Aikar you may just satisfy the warmonger inside me.
  4. It's also a server with a functioning economy, Towns, Wilds, outposts, ect. so a stock exchange isn't completely out of the question (although, I don't think it was announced like the actual Shop System) :)
    mba2012 likes this.
  5. A stock exchange along with some new way to manage businesses would be cool.
  6. Agreed it would.
    (omg thanks so much for that sig.)
    607 and mba2012 like this.
  7. Haha, well now after "Half" leaving the empire, I may need to start myself up and start playing as soon as some of these features come out... :D
  8. Oh right - improving the shops is def on the roadmap, just simply forgot it when writing the post.
  9. Well, with the way DT is being released, its advantageous to play now and collect Dragon Stones to have an edge when the full event is released ;)
    Olaf_C likes this.
  10. As I personally kinda like afk farms and often don't enjoy relying on other people (since that'd require coordination and if one person has to leave it might ruin it for the whole group)...it'd be difficult for me to say I like/agree everything there.

However...I do certainly like the looks of some of it at least.
  11. I believe so :)
  12. -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ==============================================================
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Make a new rule where staff can't do these announcements that spam the chat

example
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ===============================================================
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  13. ... What?
  14. the server messages that the staff spam the chat with when there is an event hosted by them
    Luckygreenbird likes this.
  15. If they don't make it obvious, they get tons of complaints about not seeing it. I don't find it that spammy, it is only there for a few seconds.
    607 and RainbowChin like this.
  16. Gee, it's almost as if they want people to notice them
    jrm531 and 607 like this.
  17. It is a bit excessive sometimes :p I don't know that a 'rule' needs made about it though.
    Olaf_C likes this.
  18. Oh trust me, if you think they're bad, you'd be moaning if I got my way. :p They'd be:
    • Top of screen where boss bar is
    • Where item tooltip normally is
    • In chat
    • A loud annoying noise would go off
    Think of these messages as the nice way. :p
    607 and jkjkjk182 like this.
  19. *Now considers all ideas from Jack to go to the trash can*
  20. so aikar how are dragon tombs more important than the mail feature
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.