The Empire of the Future - My vision! (Updated: 7/13/18)

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by Aikar, Feb 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. So, how is mail more important than dragon tombs?
    607, mba2012, PandasEatRamen and 3 others like this.
  2. Because, in reality, they are actually wanted more.
  3. Wow, I haven't heard anyone mention that idea in a few months. That probably shows that DT are much more wanted...
    607 and PandasEatRamen like this.
  4. I suppose if you think about it ... if someone has mail and wins dragon tomb - they could essentially put their dragon egg or whatever they win, safely in a mail - vault so they could open it later when they get to town, no?
  5. They could also put it in their ender chest, which would be smarter
    PandasEatRamen likes this.
  6. sigh, you don't win an egg, you win 'player credits' equal to the cost of a dragon egg.
    PandasEatRamen likes this.
  7. That was on the list, but I didn't know if he'd implement that before or after dt
  8. Token is part 2 of 4 for DT update. It is a requirement for it.
    jrm531 likes this.
  9. I love the Dystopia idea, I have always wanted that sorta thing! Please put that in
  10. The 60x60 and 120x120 plots have a 2x2 center.. o3o
    607 likes this.
  11. Off Center Disorder, the common Minecraft afflicted illness.
    607, mba2012, jkjkjk182 and 1 other person like this.
  12. Great Ideas hope to see them put them in EMC
  13. Because then we can send mail to aikar asking when dragon tombs are being released, duh.
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  14. But. Can't we just spam his inbox? lol
  15. Sounds super duper uber fantastic! However, seeing how I've been waiting on Dragon Tombs for 18+ months now....the entire list might get done by the year 2031 ;) ...we have faith in you Aikar
    607 likes this.
  16. Mojang already killed Minecraft for me a long time ago... First, they beat up Single-Player Minecraft and left it in the street and left mods to fix it. Then they made it into something it isn't... so basically, Single-Player was dead for me.

Multiplayer is the only thing keeping me playing. But ever since 1.7, i've been getting 1 FPS most of the time, even with Optifine installed. I go into Single-Player, and I shoot straight up to 150FPS :/
  17. Questions about the five player minimum for Dragon Tombs seem to be rather common. I have read that the minimum would be five and that there would not be an upper limit. I agree that it is good to encourage people to play together but I am also concerned that this would put many people who live outside of the US or who play during late hours at a disadvantage.

Could we not scale the difficulty according to the number of players entering DT? Scaling could take the form of more or fewer mobs, mobs having more or less damage, or having more or less health or armor. So five players might fight 1000 mobs, two players 400, and ten would fight 2000 mobs.

Different mobs could be used to vary difficulty like Wither Skeletons vs. Skeletons, or a higher percentage chance of special mobs like Enraged. Different equipment or effects like the Wither effect or things like Fire arrows could be enabled/disabled. Parties could be forced to take different routes that are longer/shorter or routes that have more or fewer hazards like lava or traps.

Aikar has shown that he can manipulate mobs and is designing this from scratch so he has probably already thought through this or done similar to this anyway. If each person entering the Tombs has to use something like a Dragon Stone he knows the number of people entering before it starts so it seems like he should be able to customize the event for each party. Something like this would even allow for people to select between "Normal" and "Hardcore" modes, or have other dungeon variations.
    AlexChance, mba2012, LadBlo and 2 others like this.
  18. i dont think so, its rare now to find a server even at 4 est with only one person in it and its not like you cant simply go get other people even at our worse downtimes there is still around 40 people on.
    i agree with the hardcore mode, better loot for a bigger challenge would be cool.
    ive always wished the edgeplots of town would be one more or one less for those of us who wish to build an odd numbered building maybe the ritzy new town could offer choices like that
    Pab10S and jkjkjk182 like this.
  19. Is that more than four people logged in, or more than four who are active and able to spend the time doing a dungeon? I often play until after midnight on my server and after maybe 9 or 10PM EST Town Chat dies down noticeably. Several of the regulars at that time live out in the Wild so it is questionable whether they would be able to join without some planning.

I am not advocating a single player dungeon. It seems to me that requiring a minimum because of the difficulty could be addressed by altering the dungeon without causing a lot of extra programming work. It could be as simple as counting heads then setting up some variables.
  20. Well there is potential to schedule to do it on a weekend too.

Though we might be able to target a 3 min instead of 5.
    cadgamer101 and Pab10S like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.