The EMC Survival Update!

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by IcecreamCow, Jun 18, 2013.

1. Bows are key
    bows and high ground
    jacob5089 and bitemenow15 like this.
  2. a power 4 punch 2 can do wonders do all those baddies everyone is talking about
  3. tweaks now live to spawning.

netherhounds speed drastically lowered but duration slightly increased.
    Kephras likes this.
  4. 2013-06-25_20.41.10.png

I think the natural spawning rates are out of wack. All of them were enraged xD
  5. hmm whats the block area radius for mob spawn around a player? i'm like only 20 blocks below or about 15-20 blocks to the side of my zombie spawner and i end up having to stand practically right on it for it to spawn the zombies.

Edit: also with tonight's update will enraged despawn now?
  6. All spawner cage's you have to be at a max of 16 blocks from it for it to spawn mobs.

Natural spawns will only spawn 24 blocks away from the player, 26 blocks for enraged mobs.
  7. Well this stinks. Before it was really fun going up against these mobs it was more of a challenge. I died at least 5 times due to mobs taking me down on health alone. Now that the codes been changed I never see any of these mobs anymore.

I was actually having quite a bit of fun with this challenge it actually was something fun to do while waiting for 1.6. Now today the server is back to being boring again. :S
    smile3, jrm531 and bitemenow15 like this.
  8. I love the netherhound tweak, but I think the enraged mob rates are a little low now. It takes away from the challenge of having to fight them off when you only get one maybe two at a time.
  9. They're supposed to be uncommon... :confused: Finding five or six of them at once was a bug to begin with.
  10. You will still find "pooled" mobs left over from the update. those will not despawn. Players will have to kill them off to get rid of them. Newly spawned mobs will despawn.

As for spawn rates, The goal is to find one "every so often". They are meant to still be special in that "oh enraged!! go kill!", not "farm enrage, if im not killing enraged, somethings wrong".

Give it some time and we can tweak more if needed. I've been focused on the group stuff so I didn't get to fully "sample" spawning, just got it right on a code logic level.

Also, uncommon spawns will also really differ based on # of people out in the wild/nether in the same world as you...
    If your the only one out there, you will see them often, otherwise you will be sharing the spawns with everyone else.

What we will likely do is move yet again away from world based and make it player based (well except for boss spawns, which I've considered changing anyways, but maybe we can find a better balance per player on bosses too).

Nothing here is set in stone, we will tweak until its perfect :)
  11. I have never found a boss, WHY DO THEY HAVE TO BE SO RARE!?!?
  12. It should still be possible to solo wild, if you have the very best eq. As it is now, eventually you will get overrun and die.
  13. The over spawning of Enraged Mobs has been changed. People were doing solo okay even with that active, so now it's back to semi-easy mode again. :)
    jrm531 likes this.
  14. So... Are the wolves meant to de-spawn? Because I have over 200 built up at my gold farm and they don't de-spawn and are ridiculously annoying and op if you have a pack of 200 on you.
    cadgamer101 likes this.
  15. I like how it works now
    jacob5089 likes this.
  16. o.o I'm blind.. Thanks cow :D
    deathconn likes this.
  17. Aw yis.
  18. GIMME THE LOCATION OF THAT CAVE
    cadgamer101 and bitemenow15 like this.
  19. You go have fun with that XD

but rly, if u need help, just let me no XD

Hey, aikar, wud it be possible for u to make it so that if u die fighting a mob, or even just for enraged mobs, that the mob will NOT despawn (but only if u r in combat with it)? it wud rly help, cuz:

1-it lets u still have a chance to get the mob's loot, and makes ur sacrifice worth while, rather than dying and not even getting any loot from it.

2-it makes it a little more difficult, now that its more semi-easy than normal, since the enraged mobs spawn less, and they despawn, too. it will give u a challenge when u try to go get the stuff that u died with! XD