The EMC Survival Update!

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by IcecreamCow, Jun 18, 2013.

1. That change went in months ago.
    It is documented here: http://empireminecraft.com/threads/technical-changes-from-vanilla-minecraft.23084/
    mba2012 likes this.
  2. Enraged Zombies/Skeles were very slow to spawn...I spent probably close to 10 Minecraft Days/Nights in the Nether and found 1 Enraged Zombie and 1 Enraged Skeleton. And, Momentus spawned once, too. So buffing those spawn rates wouldn't really be a bad thing :)
    PandasEatRamen and darkvilla like this.
  3. I think the spawn rates for enraged mobs and bosses could be increased a little.
    PandasEatRamen and darkvilla like this.
  4. Well rare spawns are meant to be... rare :p

The spawn requirements are hurting the chances I believe. I might need to make enraged mobs 24 min distance to spawn (normal)
    jacob5089 likes this.
  5. This is probably not anything, but if you add redstone/glowstone dust to a zombie virus, it nullifies it, takes away the effects. Just letting you know. Don't try it like I did :p
  6. Does the virus get renamed? Or does it look the same but become ineffective?
  7. It says
    Zombie Virus
    No Effects
    WARNING: DO NOT CONSUME
  8. This is true...I guess they should remain rare :p
  9. That's because its actually an empty potion, that has custom use handling.

However, when you add to it, you modify the signature of the item so our code no longer recognizes it as a zombie virus because the item doesnt match up exactly.
    ZBSDKryten likes this.
  10. So can someone who has been out there for 24 hours give me the rundown! Not all the hero I killed this and that stuff... Just a paragraph of what we know to be TRUE.... so I can restock my miners.... lol
    What works... what don't and where....:)
  11. It looks like each piece of Marlix armor has a color assigned to it. I wonder if the color is random and if you get a special bonus for wearing an entire set of the same color.
    penfoldex and PandasEatRamen like this.
  12. There are 2 new boss's in the overworld and a new monster in the nether.
    -Marlix: A skeleton who has highly enchanted armor that fly's around like a bat with a Punch V and Flame bow.
    He drops Shiny arrows, Marlix bow, his armor, and lots of diamonds.
    -Momentous (<-Probably not spelled right): A giant zombie who teleports you to him and kicks you.
    Drops Shiny flesh, Wooden toothpick, and maybe more (I haven't seen him yet)
    -Nether hounds: Wolfs that run around in the nether that go up to you and explode
    -Drops Gunpowder and (maybe) Quartz on death
    Zombies, Skeleton, Creepers, and Players now all have a chance to drop their heads on death.
    Zombies now also have a chance to drop a Zombie Virus. A potion that when consumed gives you blindness, nausea, hunger and resistance.
    (Possible more that I don't know of)
  13. Now THAT is what I wanted to read... Thank You. I went out with a crew and we did encounter all the enraged mobs and got heads and viruses.... the hounds... HATE THEM beyond words.... But we are trying to find the GIANT.... Where is he found most often?
    PandasEatRamen likes this.
  14. JackBiggin has created this guide, which is slowly being filled up. He's going to update the main post as all the info is found and verified.

http://empireminecraft.com/threads/guide-the-survival-update.26553/
    PandasEatRamen, mba2012 and jkjkjk182 like this.
  15. Okay. If you're just joining us, here is the rundown of new things. Please tell me if I miss anything.
    New Mobs

Enraged Zombies: Very fast zombies that may or may not hit harder, unconfirmed. Have the telltale nameplate "Enraged Zombie" floating above their heads. Often on fire, but take no fire damage. If they come into contact with water, the fire is extinguished, but they still take no fire damage. Also have a larger range where they become aggressive toward the player. When killed, have a chance to drop Shiny Flesh. Set you on fire if they hit you. Rare spawn.

Enraged Skeleton: Very fast skeletons that seem to shoot faster and have punch on their bows, not positive. To tell if a skeleton is enraged, look for fire(same as Enraged Zombie) and "Enraged Skeleton" nameplate. Can also be put out if it comes into contact with water. When killed, have a chance to drop Shiny Arrows. Rare spawn.

Momentus (boss):
    Momentus is a giant zombie. Uses the Vanilla Giant sprite. Very rare spawn, when they spawn they create a chat message saying something like "You feel the ground shake nearby". Can teleport the player to itself, as well as being able to spawn multiple Enraged Zombies when hit by the player. Deals a large amount of damage, "God Armor" recommended for combat. When killed, drops a zombie skull, a chance of Shiny Flesh, and a chance of Momentus's Toothpick.

Marlix (boss): Marlix is a skeleton with enchanted leather armor riding on a very fast, invisible bat. As a result, it flies extremely sporadically and is hard to get hits on. Can spawn groups of Enraged Skeletons when hit. Shoots flaming arrows, and bow has incredibly high punch and can easily knock players back 10+ blocks. When killed, drops Shiny Arrows and Diamonds, with a chance for Marlix Bow and Marlix Armor.

Nether Hounds: Flaming, aggressive wolves found in the Nether. When they spawn, a chat message displays "The Nether Wolves howl for assistance". Explosive. Drop gunpowder and maybe nether quartz? Currently not fully clear.

New Items

Zombie Virus: A rare drop from zombies. This potion gives the player Hunger 4 (1:30), Slowness 4 (1:30), Weakness 4 (1:30), Nausea 4 (0:45), Blindness 4 (0:45) and Resistance 4 (3:10).

Shiny Arrows: Drops from Marlix and rarely Enraged Skeleton. Effects are still unclear. When shot with a normal bow without Infinity, Shiny Arrows that miss their targets become normal Arrows. With infinity, they appear to have no special effect. It is unclear what might happen if they were shot from a Marlix Bow, which it seems has yet to be attempted, but we can assume they have some special trait.

Shiny Flesh: When eaten, gives the player Regeneration 4 (0:07), Hunger (0:30), and Mining Fatigue 3 (1:30).

Mob Heads: Skeletons, Creepers, and Zombies now have the chance to drop their respective Heads as a rare drop when killed.

Custom Heads: Upon a player's death, there is a chance for the player's head to drop.

Momentus's Toothpick: An Unbreaking 5, Sharpness 6, Looting 4 Wooden Sword. Cannot be repaired/modified, and remains in the player's inventory upon player's death. Appears to be the only rare drop from Momentus.

Marlix's Bow: A bow enchanted with Unbreaking 5, Infinity 1, Flame 3, Punch 3, Power 4. Cannot be repaired/modified, and remains in the player's inventory upon player's death. "Enhances Shiny Arrows". Enhancements unknown.

Marlix Armor: There have been reports of Marlix dropping armor as a rare drop upon death. Currently unconfirmed, but highly possible. If true, this armor would likely be Leather Armor dyed blue, with varying enchantments.

I think that covers it all. Hope that helps!
    ZBSDKryten, 607, cddm95ace and 4 others like this.
  16. The armor part is true, I have her leggings as proof. Protection V and Unbreaking V, Final and Soulbound like the bow.
  17. I encountered a Giant (Momentus) in a desert biome. It's easiest to see there. You'll know he's coming when the system says a message saying "You feel the ground shake beneath you..." If and when you do encounter him, be sure to use a Z Pot and it will be a piece of cake :) Also, he is not affected by sun light, so...fight him during the day! Less mobs to be pestering you.

Also, if you leave him alone too long...he will begin to wander. In this case, he'll continue to wander and eventually de-spawn, so don't wait too long to kill the big man. But, yes...Jack's thread is very helpful, and I posted some pics of Momentus and how he spawns enraged Zombies in that Thread. :)
  18. Z Pot?
    607 likes this.
  19. The Zombie Virus potion