The Boston Bomber and the Death Penalty

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Gibabyte, Apr 9, 2015.

?

Should Dzhokhar Tsarnaev be put to death?

Yes 47 vote(s) 52.2%
No 43 vote(s) 47.8%
  1. That's what a lot of my previous posts have been trying to tell you, Marsh... it's not necessarily your opinions, but the way you present them that give people (not just myself) a negative view of you.
    For my part, I don't actively dislike you, honestly! I just think you really need to stop and think about what you write and how it's going to be read before you hit that "post reply" button.
    607 likes this.
  2. It sure seems like you actively dislike me. But, I understand.

I am young, Still trying to figure out my place in this world, You know what I mean?
  3. Well, he has now been put on death row.
    wolffpack58 likes this.
  4. He shouldn't have been, he did a horrible thing but he got the easy way out.
    boozle628 likes this.
  5. I don't know much about the whole death row thing, but I'm pretty sure he can appeal.
    wolffpack58 likes this.
  6. Yeah, he can appeal and appeal and appeal till his death
  7. I don't understand why the whole 'execution' thing is done humanely. If you're going to get sentenced to death for killing multiple people, shouldn't you suffer before you die?
    wolffpack58 likes this.
  8. I think that is why there is an increase in opposition to the death penalty. The current methods are deemed such an easy way out compared to life sentencing, while any death worse than what we have would be considered too barbaric by today's standards to ever be legal.
  9. I'm all for that. We should build a fighting arena and feed them to the tigers.
  10. While I see the point, isn't that a step backwards in terms of humanity? It'd be like going back to doing public hangings. We're meant to be 'civilised'.
    607 and wolffpack58 like this.
  11. indeed.
  12. Welcome to a discussion thread. Please, expand your point...

Whilst making the person suffer more before death may sound like a good idea, I doubt law would ever allow it, as nfell said, it would almost be a step back for humanity.
    boozle628, PenguinDJ and 607 like this.
  13. I said that :(. Soul said the opposite. Saying they should suffer.
    607 and ChickenDice like this.
  14. Edited, my bad >_>
    607 likes this.
  15. I was messing around. I don't think it should be insanely inhumane. Like public hangings, but I also don't think they should get a nice shower a big meal and a small needle.
    TigerstarMC and nfell2009 like this.
  16. They should televise it. 10/10 would watch.

It'd be like rich people in Britain about 80+ years ago.
    Child: "Muuum, are there any hangings on today?"
    Mum: "Yes, there is! Let's pack a picnic! Sweetie, go to the shop and buy some coke! We're leaving at 12!"
    Child: "Yes! I can't wait to see that guy snap his neck and choke to death!"
    Meanwhile, the poor people had no NHS and were living in Liverpudlian slums, and couldn't afford to go to public hangings. I bet they missed out on a lot...

#MostOfThisWasSarcasm
    #AllOfThisWasAJoke
    #PleaseDon'tPutMeInTheColosseum
    607 and wolffpack58 like this.
  17. Funded by UKIP!
    (well they probably wouldn't, but things like labour wouldn't work since they aren't pro-death)
    wolffpack58 likes this.
  18. If we do that, we may as we'll let him go around bombing people. It's not all that much better.
  19. I think the whole ordeal goes back to the judges, lawyers, etc... being over-payed and being overly lenient.

If the court cases didn't cost so much money, i'd say just kill him and get it over with...

An old saying 'do unto others as they do unto you" ...aka - "you kill someone, you're getting just rewards" ...aka 'karma'

The whole reason not as many people are killed is because it costs so much money, and people are too scared to take the risk - yeah someone might be innocent, but there are more guilty than innocent - so why not take the risk?

The united states has the highest incarceration rate - yet the studies show that the prisoners food is better prepped, and you get better meals than in schools (and is cheaper) ... it is required to get an education in most prisons now, where in school you can drop out ... and the prisoners are able to be paid for work ...

Prisons are set up better than students in schools, yet cost thousands of dollars more per prisoner than student?

Once again falls back to the governments fault, and people being scared of doing 'inhuman punishment' ...

If you're in prison, you shouldn't get paid ... you would work for the food provided to you, and the place you're staying, but you don't keep any money ... then in spare time you would provide societal services for free, to help aid things you helped disturb...

If you're on death row, or life in prison, it would be easier to honestly just kill them, than to wait say 40-70 years for them to croak or be killed... and would save the governments a lot of money... you don't need to pay lawyers to do the job of someone to determine if he/she is dead ... or if it's just/not just ... they already had initial lawyers determine if he/she was going to prison... yet, that's why we stay behind in societal norms, is people are too scared to determine things themselves, they need others to determine their own for-thoughts....and individuals keep having lawyers come 'talk to them' as if he/she is getting out of prison, even though they're on death row...

There's the 1/1,000 chance the death row victim is innocent ...but say it's at most 3,000,000 dollars per death row case ... if they did away with the whole case and just did it - 999/1000 cases thrown away, and them just killed would save us almost 3 billion dollars ...

That's the individuals in washington, but on average in the us, it's about 620,000 per case - and there are 3,002 death rows this year since april 1st

Which would still be about 1.8 billion

http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/death-row-inmates-state-and-size-death-row-year