The big debate on EMC ( religious one )

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by ww2fan168, Aug 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I slightly see the reasoning but as a Catholic myself I would have to disagree, I do agree with your post on how some people do not view all "christians" as christians. In the end it just depends on the views of the person.
    ShelLuser and EffinBatman like this.
  2. I didn't catch the original discussion and while there are countries where Christians are persecuted...the U.S. is not one of them. People throw these words around way too often without understanding the true meaning of them.

The majority of Americans are Christian. The majority of our political leaders are Christian. And right now, Republicans currently control both the House and Senate.

If Christianity is under attack, then it's Christians and the politicians who claim it's under attack who are attacking and persecuting Christians.

The real problem is that a lot of hypocritical people think freedom of religion means that they get to dictate everyone else's personal beliefs and if they can't... *YOU* are persecuting them.

On top of that, these same hypocritical Christians like to quote the Old Testament as justification for hatemongering and persecution of others with different beliefs. They like to pick and choose from the Bible as they see fit, despite the fact that Christ fulfilled the Old Testament, sins were forgiven and the old ways were abolished. They even like to make up new parts and they must have a direct line to Jesus because they act like they're speaking for him too. They pick and choose from the Bible like it's some kind of smorgasbord.

Do you know how many laws and rules require death as punishment in the Old Testament? Work on the Sabbath? Death. That's right, if you go out to eat on a Saturday (or Sunday, depending on what you interpret the Sabbath to be, traditionally it was Saturday), make sure you murder your hostess, waiter and the cook. Oh and P.S. ...assuming you drove to the restaurant you'll also want to murder yourself and your family.

The Old Testament also says if you're raped in the city yet don't cry loudly enough to stop your attacker or for someone to save you...your punishment is death. Yes, the Old Testament states that rape victims be stoned to death if they don't struggle enough. Someone sticks a knife to your throat and tells you not to move or make a sound? If he gets caught violating you, you'll get stoned to death. So either God is a sadistic maniac or just maybe...people wrote the Bible and people are fallible.

Jesus himself actually pointed out many of the fallacies in the Old Testament "laws."

What did Jesus preach? Peace, Love, Forgiveness, Acceptance. Yet, according to many people who claim to speak for Jesus Christ, or at least sure act like it (boy, they must be special) you wouldn't believe how much Jesus hates people and how many people he hates.

I could elaborate, and continue to point out the fallacies in the arguments of people who preach fear and hate but that's the gist of it.

As far as discussions go, I prefer to keep my religious discussions to actual religious forums, not gaming forums or the "certified" theologians on Facebook.
    SoulPunisher, mba2012 and ShelLuser like this.
  3. Wrong.

Catholics are called christian and this isnt their belief.
  4. I got called out! :) Too funny.

I'd like to give my opinion on a few things...

This nickname is a great way to reach out to other Christians and to support them. I've been using it online for over ten years. And I do talk about God sometimes. Usually in PMs with players who ask me questions or want to share their own faith. (That's great! I welcome it.) We may be quiet, but let me tell you that there are many Christians on EMC.

Online life is real life. When I'm being a jerk on EMC I'm being a jerk in real life. I don't get a pass because I'm behind a keyboard. Likewise when a person helps another on EMC they are helping them in real life. (It's a game yes, and we're real people playing it.)

To you Christians -- it's OK to hold to your beliefs. It's OK to want the nation to embrace Christian values. It's even OK if you want EMC to be a Christian server. If you get a vote...vote for what you believe.

I believe God is real. I believe the Bible is true. I really do.
  5. The Old Testament is still Gods word ( as a Christian, I will take pm's from players if they have any questions) so we still shouldn't just murder some one, or just lay with another women. But lets keep the thread on topic :)
  6. Get on EMC for a second please, just so the thread can go on topic :)
  7. At this point I still consider it on topic
    ShelLuser and ww2fan168 like this.
  8. Depends on what bible you are using. the catholic bible has more books the a baptist version. The KJV is different then the NKJV

And no their beliefs are totally different.
    SoulPunisher and ww2fan168 like this.
  9. Catholics believe that Marry the Virgin was chosen because she had no sin ( all from my studies ) and because of so they believe she's Gods wife and etc ( I think )

I know for a fact that they consider Petter ( meaning rock ) the First Pope of the Catholic Church ( which is wrong as Jesus is the head of the Christian and Catholic Church in our belief )
  10. Well, Catholics profess belief in Christ and his death on the cross for the sins of mankind in their profession of faith. I take it then, it's the heaven only through Jesus part you take issue with, perhaps because of current Pope Francis' statements that Muslims, Buddhists and even atheists could go to heaven, that good people can go to heaven without believing in Christ. Traditionally, according to Christianity and Catholicism if you don't believe in Christ even if you're a good person then you burn in hell for eternity.

This may also partly explain many of the problems in the world...when everyone believes they're right, you're wrong and they're going to heaven and you're going to burn in hell forever. Everyone can't be right.
  11. resacted

As well, just because your a good person doesn't mean you go to heaven ( where'd I get that?
    John 14:6New King James Version (NKJV)
    6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. )
  12. Ehh not true.

Catholics believe that when you die you go to purgatory and then must be prayed out via Mary.

The KJV has some other views on that.
    ww2fan168 likes this.
  13. You never said killing was fine but you implied when you said Israel is good. This is where you are 100% incorrect. You can claim Israel is trying to kill terrorists but the fact of the mater is, they are killing innocent people. So what if the Israeli leaders condemned it? It was still carried out by them indirectly as a result of their influence over the public. I highly recommend to you to read some news from sources outside of America so you get unbiased ideas.

Edit: Muslims believe in Jesus. He is just under a different name.
    mba2012 likes this.
  14. Lets not bash like that please
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.