The big debate on EMC ( religious one )

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by ww2fan168, Aug 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. In terms of EMC, Aikar is god. All hail the mighty A. I just saw the title of this and thought I'd throw this up lol.
  2. Thats your opinion and could be conceived as rude to someone of that faith. It is against emc rules.
    SoulPunisher likes this.
  3. IN the catholic bible it says she is sinless and dies sinless and a virgin, In the KJV it says she went on to be married and have more kids.
    SoulPunisher likes this.
  4. What makes it the real bible ??
  5. I'm not sure where you heard that but it's news to me that Catholics automatically go to purgatory and "must be prayed out" by Mary. Catholics seem to get a bad rep because a lot of people think they pray too much to too many people, God, Christ, the Holy Spirit, Mary and the saints. Because of this, there are also a lot of misconceptions floating around about Catholicism. Heck, it even confuses Catholics. Personally though, I've never heard of a religion that wasn't confusing.

As far as purgatory goes, there are people who claim purgatory was an invention by the Catholic church to make more money and who will tell you the word "purgatory" isn't in the Bible however, the Bible does speak of trials of fire that a soul must go through to redeem itself and become clean to enter into heaven.
    SoulPunisher likes this.
  6. I by no means am an expert. But i have spent most of my life in some sort of religious learning facility. I have studied most major religions.

Your bible may speak of soul trial by fire where as another will not.

just as the KJV doesnt say anything about praying to mary.
  7. But the catholic bible does. having added more books then the ones you listed.
    SoulPunisher likes this.
  8. Can you explain this more in depth? I'm genuinely interested.
    DubChef and ChickenDice like this.
  9. I haven't stated I believe anything.
  10. Are we going to have a post from krysyy because of this thread on the main page? There are over 7 billion people on this planet, they're all going to have different ideas about the right religion. Odds are, you are not going to convince a mob of people that out number you by 9 magnitudes that your view of the world is best and right. We're all on this tiny blue dot together. So can we just learn how to get along, love, learn, discover what the universe is about, and play minecraft together? Below is an image of Earth, drifting through the vast void of the universe. Peace, yo.
  11. The Catholic bible? I assume with your knowledge of Catholicism that when you say "the catholic bible" that you must have meant to say the Latin Vulgate.

You mentioned the NKJV, NIV and NNIV in your next post but if you want to talk about the "real bible" then you're going to have go back a lot further than those. You can even skip the Latin class too because you'll have to go back further than that.

Which bible do you consider to be the "real bible?"
    SoulPunisher likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.