The Anti-Torch Movement

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by PenguinDJ, Feb 8, 2016.

?

Do you accept your responsibility to stop the use of torches and promote equality?

I will sacrifice my use of torches for the equality of all peoples on Empire Minecraft. 10 vote(s) 20.0%
I reject fairness and embrace the ability to show my superiority. 40 vote(s) 80.0%
  1. Yeah!! Down with torches!! Everyone raise your pitchforks and tor--... oh, wait. :p
  2. *Hides IRL minecraft torches*

Good thing that my redstone ore block, and diamond ore blocks also give off some light when I tap them!
  3. So I can't put this here? :p
    607, Phelps4, EnderMagic1 and 5 others like this.
  4. Can you please remove that comment.

Anyways, I can gripe on the torch thing. I support torches and light. BUT, Soul Bounded torches... Yeah just remove the soul bound part and we good on my end. I used to deal with these torches in my Rebuilding Service about 5 months ago and it just dumb to place soul bound on items that you can get very easily.
    Kytula and highlancer54 like this.
  5. Please mail me any and all unwanted soulbound torches :D
    607 and UltiPig like this.
  6. I have that light-up torch in real life lol

wait, diamond ore blocks give off light? Since when??? :eek:

I mean, I know redstone ore blocks did but
    Kytula likes this.
  7. I refuse to give up torches... Instead, I shall set up a charity at my res giving out torches for ALL! Then ALL may bathe in the light and be happy.
  8. all you need is a piece of wood and a stick and you can make a torch, also a furnace.
    So really, even though the "poor" people of emc that can't afford to buy torches can just go out to the wasteland for 1 minute and be able to make at least 10 torches, and you can do torch destroy thing, which is after you place the torch and you see nothing around you, destroy it and keep walking forward.
  9. Amazing :p
    Phelps4 likes this.
  10. Penguin, I can see your mind slowly leaving you...
  11. This is the future of Empire Minecraft!

Woo! First supporters!
    As you judge, you will see the fairness run through my blood. Down with torches!
    On noes, exploits! :eek:
    I take it you haven't seen the flyers yet? Oh right, I still have to make those...
    But then we can't all be dark together. :c
    Even the slightest power to a redstone appliance provides light. The wealthy players will be able to afford such luxuries... we should ban redstone!
    Progress, my friend. Progress.
    Page 1 is enough quotes for now.
    TechNinja_42 and ShelLuser like this.
  12. Yet you didn't quote me how rude :p
  13. It is incredibly easy to obtain a torch. And if the newcomers cannot access proper lighting, it serves no excuse to bring ourselves down to their level! By banning torches for that purpose, we shut out all chance for the newcomers to access light in the near future! We will NOT let this movement kill our right to light our mines! OR our residences! But will rejoice our light, our gift from the gods developers!
  14. Bingo, itsmewolffpack got it! My in real life block :D
    ItsMeWolffpack likes this.
  15. I do not reject fairness, nor do I feel superior, but I do believe 1 John 1:5-10

5 This is the message which we have heard from Him and declare to you, that God is light and in Him is no darkness at all.
    6 If we say that we have fellowship with Him, and walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth.
    7 But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin.
    8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
    9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
    10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us.

And therefore, I choose to walk in the Light, and use torches whenever needed.

One of my favorite songs that is based on this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pF-j8PbeuYc
    cowland123, 607 and ShelLuser like this.
  16. ...Gaaah! I need to expand my minecraft trinket collection xD
    highlancer54 and ItsMeWolffpack like this.
  17. I'm ... sorry nub. It had to be done...
    ObscureGolem likes this.
  18. This little light of mine.... I'm gonna let it shine, let it shine, let it shine, let it shiiiiine.
    Rhythmically and ThaKloned like this.