The Anti-Torch Movement

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by PenguinDJ, Feb 8, 2016.

?

Do you accept your responsibility to stop the use of torches and promote equality?

I will sacrifice my use of torches for the equality of all peoples on Empire Minecraft. 10 vote(s) 20.0%
I reject fairness and embrace the ability to show my superiority. 40 vote(s) 80.0%
  1. Not true, you are allowed to increase your gamma, turn you monitors brightness to 11 or even consume a whole bag of carrots to help you see in the dark.
    Torches are our friends, look at what they do:-
    1. Light up dark areas
    2. Stop monsters spawning
    3. Mark out areas explored
    4. Speed up sand/gravel collection
    5. Can hold up sand/gravel
    6. Provide a air pocket in the deepest ocean
    7. Turn boring pumpkins into jack o'lanterns
    8. Melt snow and ice
    9. Reduce client lag causes by flashing redstone
    Any more uses?
  2. They make an effect if you want to do a fake chimney :)
    crystaldragon13 likes this.
  3. They seem to annoy Penguin too!

<runs!> :D
    PenguinDJ, Kytula, Olaf_C and 5 others like this.
  4. But without light... How can there be darkness?
  5. I would post a joke but I'm afraid I'd just torch it...

Whats a torches favorite season? Fall. What you thought there was a joke here?

Anyways this thread lit the darkest areas in my knowledge of just how much I abuse torches... But now I've gotta go clear out and rebuild my wild base because all of these dern mobs keep blowing it up and infesting it...
    607 likes this.
  6. I think you're all wrong. It's the sun that's the problem!
    ESSELEM likes this.
  7. I'll just use shaders and hold a glow stone block :p
  8. Torches are good for hiding and using for lighting design at night time.

I also use torches for light when I hold in my hand.... it lights up the area around me like a candle.
  9. I'm startin to think everyone can make a movement on emc, why don't I make a no pants movement. Every one take your pants off and put shorts on. Yay! :p
    Kaizimir likes this.
  10. BUT if using to see in abandoned mineshafts, pitch black holes, etc, you must still use torches/other lighting methods as you would have to normally, because that is an aspect of the game. If someone were to have an event designed off the normal brightness maximum and you use manual adjustments to see perfectly for an advantage over other players, that is cheating. Seeing when you are not intended to see is not allowed in contests.
  11. Torches for life.
  12. Finally someone that sees things my way. Thank you Penguin.
    TuckerAmbr likes this.
  13. ESSELEM likes this.
  14. I guess I'll be hoarding my torches and using them as much as I can :)
  15. They're great for pvp.
  16. For once I totally agree with Penguin, but only because torches are ugly and scattered everywhere.
  17. This is a mod? I just tried it and nothing.
    ESSELEM likes this.
  18. You have that feature in certain shader mods.
    ThaKloned likes this.
  19. *sits in hut*

*cricket*
    ThaKloned, CDJS and fBuilderS like this.
  20. That doesn't seem like a good solution. Wouldn't it be much better to give half of our torches to players who don't have them instead?
    highlancer54, Aphaea and ShelLuser like this.