Test your EMC economy expertise!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by ShelLuser, Nov 15, 2016.

?

What will be worth more in (approx.) 2 months time?

Poll closed Jan 24, 2017.
Shulker box 45 vote(s) 51.7%
Totem of Undying 41 vote(s) 47.1%
Other (warning: you won't be entering the competition!) 1 vote(s) 1.1%
  1. if not many ppl want 2 buy then not many ppl will put it in their shop b/c they get no money.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  2. 100% the totem
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  3. Totem will not be more valuable, as people who are in danger of dying are usually absolute tanks, with gapples, god armor, and regen potions. Having said that, if they are going mining/gathering, a shulker box will be invaluable to them

EDIT- for mob arena, totem of undying would be a godsend
    Equinox_Boss and Tuqueque like this.
  4. I voted before I knew what either of those were.
  5. I don't think this is even a competition. Once people use the two they are gonna figure this out really fast... the totem is super situational and shields are much easier to come across, woodland mansions aren't going to be easy to get to and are going to be pretty rare. Shulker boxes on the other hand... you are going to want these no matter who you are or what you are doing. Everyone is going to want as many of these as they can afford/find. Not only are they super useful but they look really nice and you can build with them, they are a full block but allow light through them, etc. etc. The totem is gonna be like the creeper sandstone used to be in that it will be rare but no one will really care after a while and the prices on it will not be able to stay up. Out of sight, out of mind. A month after the update the totem will only be thought about when someone sees a mansion(most people will probably forget it exists) and you might even forget about it then until you see the evoker lol.
  6. Well, I'm convinced.
    I voted. :)
  7. I expect Totem to start anywhere between 100k and 300k and settle not lower than 50k. It's very time consuming to get (several times more than for Elytra), and the supply is fairly limited, so even if it's use will be 99% for decoration, I expect a high price.

Shulker shells are quite easy to get. I know people have maps or way points for End Cities in Frontier Ends. Did they kill shulkers? :)
    I didn't :D so I guess I'll be able to get 80 shells (and make 40 boxes) within few hours of gameplay.

I expect Shulker Box to start between 10k and 15k and go down to perhaps 5k or so, later more depending on demand then on production costs.
  8. And a small bump for the win :D

#1.11hypeisreal :)
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  9. I do tatally agree with that, wich means I haven't got to type all :)
  10. Not-so-much convinced now... this will be interesting, I think!
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  11. I think the shoulders will end up more valuable because think of how much more you can transport to town to sell if you use them. So therefore would be highly prized by shopkeepers and suppliers.

Edit: Then again, I'm always wrong about what will be valuable on EMC :(.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  12. shoulders?

I think the box may be worth more but it depends on what u want them for ex I want to take dc upon dc of stuff to my outpost
    Equinox_Boss likes this.

13. On my phone. Stupid autocorrect.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  14. mac books do it all the time and so does my iPhone XD
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  15. those are the only 2 new op items of 1.11 ?
    Equinox_Boss and ShelLuser like this.
  16. What about cursed books ?
  17. Somewhat, yes. Personally I also think the new observer block is also a bit of an OP item but it's not very rare because everyone can craft it. Still, I'm convinced that this will severely change how some people work with redstone.

But yeah, most of the other blocks are pretty easy to obtain.

Well, I thought about that but in the end it's merely an enchanted book. When Mending hit it was also a bit of a question how it would work out, but pretty much everyone uses it. And if you don't then it's pretty cheap to buy a book, also thanks to the villagers.
    SteveClasher, 607 and Equinox_Boss like this.
  18. I just guessed.
    ShelLuser likes this.
  19. If you find it stupid, why do you use it? :p
  20. what's the fuction of those?
    oh an offical bud switch, nice to have lol.
    Equinox_Boss and 607 like this.