Test your EMC economy expertise!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by ShelLuser, Nov 15, 2016.

?

What will be worth more in (approx.) 2 months time?

Poll closed Jan 24, 2017.
Shulker box 45 vote(s) 51.7%
Totem of Undying 41 vote(s) 47.1%
Other (warning: you won't be entering the competition!) 1 vote(s) 1.1%
  1. And here are mini-event winners!! ^.^

i bet u forgot about this, but i didnt! Shelly wanted 2 be a party poop & wait if shulker boxes would be used in vault, but i said: dont wait, we gonna do prizes now!

u prob know but totem of undying is sold around 25k, and shulker box 4 7,5k and often less! so ppl who voted 4 the totem of undying won! :)

imma draw 2 winners using random.org. gonna pick a number 1 - 35, then i count names (from left 2 right & top 2 bottom) until i reach number.

the 3rd is runner up prize & that is drawn from ppl who voted 4 shulker box (1 - 39).

Prizes

every1 wins shulker box + 3 stacks of cool new blocks! ^.^

And special prize... so here are winners:
    1. number 20: Keliris. Wins totem of undying + shulker box + 3 stacks of cool blocks.
    2. number 21: BenMa. Wins vault voucher + shulker box + 3 stacks of cool blocks.
    Runner up prize:
    • number 4: jay2a. Wins golden apple + shulker box + 3 stacks of cool blocks.
    imma PM u 3 winners 2 warn you so u wont forget 2 get prize ^.^

u can pick up prize @ /v 3544, go into the house & look at ur right.
    607, Keliris, Equinox_Boss and 2 others like this.

2. How did I win..? I didnt even enter.. D:
    ShelLuser and Equinox_Boss like this.
  3. It's been 2 months already?
    ChespinXMas2k16 and Equinox_Boss like this.
  4. Equinox_Boss and AyanamiKun like this.
  5. ShelLuser and Equinox_Boss like this.
  6. People who voted automatically entered the competition. Yes, I can be very sneaky sometimes. If you click on the vote amount you'll see the names of players who voted (this is why the votes are public, Aya had to check them).

You're onto us: we cut it a little shorter, also because the prices for the items settled very quickly. In only a few days did I see shulker boxes drop from 20k down to 2k (smp8 & smp4). And I hope you can agree that Shulker boxes are in higher demand than totems of undying (price average around 23k).

But Aya was worried that the thread might get bumped again, so we decided to try and stay ahead of that.

That is a map from the main End island. I was under the impression that you couldn't make useful maps in the End when Eve told us that you can. Like I said above: I stood corrected (when I'm wrong, I'm wrong. Simple as that) and immediately tried it out for myself :)

So that counter are actually the obsidian pillars which the Ender dragon is using to draw energy from.
    607 likes this.
  7. No lol I was taking about that thing that says sheluser pumpkin 64
  8. Yay, I'm still as good in the marcet as I used to be, you Will have to keep my stuff some time though, I'm currently on hollydays :D
    ShelLuser likes this.
  9. I believe it has to do with a farm he made using observer blocks, in SP. :)
    ShelLuser likes this.
  10. Ooh, that ;) ha, ha, stupid me :)

You know me quite well :)

This is the current version:

On my redstone world I experiment with both redstone designs and contraptions, but also with Minecraft mechanics. So after I had set up these two farms with observer blocks I wanted to be sure that they actually worked. And for that I used Minecraft's scoreboard feature. What you see above was my first discovery: being able to show a certain players score. What basically happened was that every time the farm harvested pumpkins the "Pumpkin score" of the player who was closest by (@p) got increased.

In the current situation I learned that you can also add fake players names. So "Pumpkins" and "Sugarcane" are actually two fake names which each got a score assigned to them. (see /scoreboard players list, /scoreboard objectives list). So as soon as a harvest is done a commandblock will add the proper amount to the scores:

Just for giggles... Want to keep track of how much you (or other players) jump in your game? Use these commands (you need to have cheats enabled):
    • /scoreboard objectives add jump stat.jump Jumps
    • /scoreboard objectives setdisplay sidebar jump
    Nothing happened, right? Try jumping a few times :)

Want to remove the display: /scoreboard objectives setdisplay sidebar. Want to remove the whole thing: /scoreboard objectives remove jump.

Isn't Minecraft awesome? :)
    607 likes this.
  11. Well I was sort of right......Totems are worth more but was wrong about the shulker box taking the lead. Totems took the lead @ 25K while Shulker Boxes stared out @ 10k...
    Totems have dropped to 10k and Shulker boxes have been fluctuating between 5-10k staying more on the lower side.
    ShelLuser likes this.
  12. I've been finding mostly looted cities in the End Waste of the server I am on and I've zig zagged over a full quadrant the last couple of nights. Maybe I am just looking in the wrong place by chance, but I suspect that people have managed to mine most of them in less than a week. I expect a price adjustment once people realize that what is in circulation now will probably be the last of them until the next reset.
    607 and ShelLuser like this.
  13. try smp 1 3 7 9 utopia :D
    607 and ShelLuser like this.
  14. I am on 7 and, unless there's been a new development I am unaware of, can't go on Utopia. Friday I found three un-looted cities in the SW quadrant of smp7. Every one I found since then has been swooped on and looted.

I did some rough math. I got about 30 shells from those three cities and found around seven more cities looted since then. Assume I was really sloppy and only found a third of the cities in the quadrant I've searched. 30x10=300 shells per quadrant, 1200 per server, and 12000 over all ten waste servers. I've already seen two Shulker Box auctions which would represent 13824 shells.

I appreciate the suggestion, but should probably be satisfied with what I've found and find other things to explore until the next reset. I think my mistake was going by foot and making Dirt bridges instead of taking the time to equip myself with Elytra and Rockets.
    607 likes this.