[Suggestion] for the halloween book authors

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by MissFable, Oct 28, 2015.

1. A library of creepy books hmmm

I have a idea popping in my mind for a later build :p
    MissFable and DeathPunchKitty like this.
  2. I just had a ww2fan168 moment... Sorry
  3. OP has been updated.
    If you or any other author distributing have any trouble keeping up with demand please send me a pm and I will supply materials free of charge.
    I would love a copy of your book; let me know how you will distributing so I can snag one;).
    The More the merrier:D. With all of the excitement I'm starting to considering reprinting the creepy story I wrote last year and there is always that guidebook that I never got around to finishing.
    I don't think that a fair rule can be made on this but one of the more horrible aspects about the reselling this time around is that while the books are going for obscene amounts the author's themselves are getting none of it and community is being deprived of the chance to read their work. If the price was more reasonable (500r is usually the max for a book unless it's written by a staff member) and it was the authors getting the money I would not have any problem with it.
    You got caught up in the moment it's OK:). As implied by the "have said no" column in the OP if the authors don't want to deal with the hassle of distributing more copies they have that right. Most of the authors were not expecting the public demand for their books:confused:. If people are bugging you about it please ignore their comments (or report them if they are becoming abusive).
    khixan likes this.
  4. For the time being I will set up a chest on my residence on SMP6. /v Arystina or /v 12117 . There will be a measly charge of 25r to cover the cost of the book, nothing more. My only story for the moment is Herobrine Legend, which was originally supposed to be titled 'The Legend of Herobrine" but was shortened due to limited title space. It's a nonfiction work, a little about the myth of Herobrine. I hope to add more books in the future.

Note, since there's been a bit of confusion, this is not a scare book. I missed out on the contest. Maybe in the future! :)
    MissFable and ThaKloned like this.
  5. If it's scary and written by someone in our community, I call that a scare book =)
    Kephras, Arystina, khixan and 5 others like this.
  6. Would like to thank Kephras, khixan and Torian42 for sending me copies of their books, really appreciate it :) Like i stated before if anyone want to borrow a book just send me a pm about which one and for how long. You can see which ones i have currently at /v sam3984 on smp3.
    MissFable likes this.
  7. I gave the day of the release about 30+ copies to people who asked for the book for free. From now on, ill will no longer replicate my book, but, i have stocked 64+ copies of it on /v iulti on smp8 for 2k. There will not be anymore replicating nor giving away of this book anymore, from my part.
  8. OP updated with 2 more authors on the list. We now have 8 authors on the list covering 10 out the 32 Halloween books.
    Hopefully a few more authors will join in but a third of the titles is not bad.
    ThaKloned likes this.
  9. I've gotten a copy of their scary books from Miss_Peevle, AverageWalrus, and BatRoach. SkeleTin007 sadly does not have a copy of his book but I think he would be okay with making copies should we be able to find and provide the original for him.
  10. Ty I will try contacting them tomorrow and see if they are willing to be added to the list. I will also look into getting a copy of SkeleTin007 book; if their willing to copy it then it will be worth the cost of purchasing it.
  11. Through some help from some very helpful people I have all books now. If any author needs their book to make copies then we can work to get them out to others.
  12. May take you up on that if SkeleTin007 PM me back saying their interested
    ThaKloned likes this.
  13. For sure :)
  14. Maybe if EMC had a public library, we might not have this problem. Just an idea, you might add.
    MissFable, khixan and Kephras like this.
  15. I would love to see this happen, but I have no idea how it would work.
    khixan and iNachos10 like this.
  16. Yeah, same. Someone else could figure out how it would work, though. Hey, I checked out some books from your book shop on smp8. I gotta say, they are really good. :)
    khixan and Kephras like this.
  17. I'm working on figuring this out. If anyone has any suggestions, I am open to them.

Also, Kephras, that horse guide book you wanted is done. Want me to send you a copy?
    iNachos10 likes this.
  18. Whenever you have the time, certainly no rush to it. I have a lot on my plate the next couple weeks, still working at moving into new apartment.
    Arystina likes this.
  19. I suggested this as an option. Might work out well for a public library.
    MissFable and iNachos10 like this.
  20. OP updated. Another one bites the dust!
    I kinda prefer the idea of player run libraries myself it would be better for player interaction and we would see more variety in both books and builds to house them.
    iNachos10 likes this.