[Suggestion] for the halloween book authors

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by MissFable, Oct 28, 2015.

1. I have a few of them at the moment and willing to let players loan them :) As long as they return them for others to read im fine with any players borrowing the ones i have atm. Being a book worm myself i want others to have the chance to read them as well :)
    MissFable, ShelLuser and Krysyy like this.
  2. Yeah, I personally dislike that people are buying / selling them as promos. I think it goes against the spirit of this event. :confused: I am collecting them as many as possible for personal use, (I love Halloween and scary stories. I don't want to turn a profit.) So if anyone would like to borrow them to have a chance to read them I currently have:

Casu Marlix- by autumnrain26

No Release- by Kephras

smp8...- by tuqueque

The Face- by batroach

Spooky Story- by ItsMeWolffpack
    MissFable, autumnrain26 and ShelLuser like this.
  3. I was just informed we can't make copies of books written by other people. This makes it really hard to have a library to begin with. :(
  4. OP has been updated
    thank you for your generosity khixan
    This is not the right thread for that. Wait at least 24 hours as make sure they have actually been online since you sent it then if you still don't have a copy pm via website mail system or try to talk to them in-game.
    We have some book stores we do not have a library yet. I had the thought to start one for the Halloween books but with the prices so high it's just not possible at this time. Still a good idea for a future project probably with a security deposit (to incentivize the books return) rather then a fee.
    there are at least 3 authors listed in the OP that are offering copies so you can at least get a few more.
    I did not mean to imply you were doing it for profit your being listed under selling was merely meant to indicate to players as to how they were to acquire a copy I have added an "at cost" text to your listing in order to reflect your offer more accurately.
  5. This is NOT a promo is actually what I said....
  6. It's a bit sad though when you think about it because the books can only be enjoyed then by one, or at most a small handful of people. I think we should be able to make copies of the originals so that others may enjoy reading them too.
    MissFable likes this.
  7. That's when the name of the event comes into play and we share.

It was an experimental event and obviously there are flaws, When people are greedy and don't share, it breaks the system.
  8. These books are not promos and this is not the appropriate thread for this debate. I will put you down as a no.
  9. I hope the bumps in this event do not put you off of hosting one similar in the future. I love reading player written books but there are not that many of them. If nothing else this event has brought a lot of creative work into our little world in a short period of time (32 books is more then I have seen come out in EMC in the past year) and from comments on other threads it can be surmised to have inspired several of the events participants to write more:D.
  10. I spent most of my time on emc tonight making books & quills because apparently a lot of folks don't have any. If they wanna spend the timing reading something I wrote, I figure I can spend the time making books :) s'all good :D
    MissFable likes this.
  11. I'm with Keph and khixan, just send me book and quills and I'll give out whatever is requested. You can even put the request in one of the book and quills to be used if you just want a specific title.
  12. Oh dear. Send me a PM if you need materials and I will send you some for free.
  13. With all this book stuff, I just started writing my own. If anyone would like a copy, please let me know. :)
  14. This is the reason I made 64 copies of my book available with the really small cost to cover the cost of materials. A minor fraction of what I have heard people buying/selling them for. I also plan on making another 64 copies should the ones that I have sellout.. :)
    khixan and MissFable like this.
  15. You can buy copies of my book for 25r at my shop on smp2. Some cows, chicken, and squid will be unhappy if I sell out...
    khixan, ThaKloned, MissFable and 2 others like this.
  16. Hmm, perhaps I should finally finish my book that I was planning to enter into the Spooky Shares ;) I'd take a copy of your book :) I'm a collector / hoarder of all sorts of things, lol.
  17. I have an idea ;)
  18. I would like own the full set, simply to have a full set. However, I would also like to either buy a few extra copies from or provide materials for extra copies to be made by which ever authors are up for it, so that I can pass out books and let them be passed around, free of charge. ANY author willing to copy their book can message me and I will send some book-and-quills. My suggestion is that they return half and keep half, and we both pass them out to people that ask. Sharing, yay! (Note: I can only do this for a limited number, but will keep doing so until I have reached my limit on resources, and will not gift to resellers in the spirit of the event)
    MissFable and ThaKloned like this.
  19. Should there be a rule for this? I mean for me, this is basically stealing someones work making profit.
  20. That's exactly what I would like as well. It would be nice if we could obtain them all somehow, but I don't know if that's going to happen. Thank you, however, to the authors that are sharing copies of their books. It is very much appreciated :D
    sam3984, MissFable and autumnrain26 like this.