[Suggestion] - Add a Official EMC Discord (Added)

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by finch_rocks_1, Sep 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. +0 (see below for why I changed it)
    Even though I do rarly use discord (and haven't even got it installed on this pc) I think it'll be very usefull, indeed, there might be nno posibility for public chanels (that's what I understoond from you guys) but from my experience with muble, it seems like not that many people are online anyway, so it doesn't matter to have that (I even usually say in the "main" "Empire minecraft" channel, becuase there just is no need to change. If people want to make a prived channel for whatever reason, they can use mumble anyway, or just go to another server.
    TomvanWijnen likes this.
  2. +1
    What about us kids who don't want to do the following to get on mumble:
    -Bother our parents about using their phones
    -Parents don't want our voice to be public

We can simply go on the computer, sign up, and tada! We already use the computer for playing Minecraft, so why not also use it for Discord? Also, discord has a mobile app, so for those of us who do have phones, we can use it almost like a text messaging app, except only in groups. It also has the same features as mumble with a voice channel. It's also extremely simple to use as you can change your name at any time.

Add me! Bookworm#1787
    TomvanWijnen likes this.
  3. +0 In terms of EMC's use, mumble works just fine, I like discord though.
    TheKutesyKiraboo and Jelle68 like this.
  4. I would rather not have this happen, I feel like for now. There are very often text-based conversations on Discord, and I feel like some conversations that would've otherwise been had on these forums, would be had on Discord.
    Jelle68 likes this.
  5. That is very true...
    I actually don't know what to think now... I'll change my one to a +0 :p
    607 likes this.
  6. I love discord and still learning new things I don't see the advantage of having an EMC based discord. Most people join discord to have their own groups for frontiers and other mining adventures. Mumble isn't very friendly for outposts or "private" matters but is nice to have as an option.

There's always Skype and other chat options out there, just don't see this being a big advantage at this time.
    607 likes this.
  7. +0
    I prefer Discord to mumble but the main reason of sticking to mumble is like Aikar saying that users themselves cannot make temporary channels, so people cannot be with their certain friends in locked channels, unless you give every player the access to make their own channel in the discord which I doubt would happen.

The only real upside that discord has to mumble is there are text channels.

I see people on Mumble everyday
    Mumble has a mobile app
    Tah2, Jelle68, Merek_Shadower and 2 others like this.
  8. Like Sach & Runder said, Discord is nice, but I don't think it is a good idea with EMC.
  9. You can custom code discord for that. Hehe
    Rayaan5235 and FadedMartian like this.
  10. But like my point, parents dont want their kids on there. So we get discord, where we CAN, in fact, do communication with chat, not only voice.
    Gilixnub likes this.
  11. Honestly, discord and mumble are like the same. You can both chat, and voice, just discord requires a few more details. You can chat with others on a lot of other things too. I know a lot of people have discord, just ask them and they might give it to you. =)
    Sachrock likes this.
  12. So you want a text based chatting system? I can see that either being very quiet or getting very disorganised quickly where too many people are trying to have different conversations at the same time.
  13. I think it would be fine. I'm just afraid it'd take activity away from the forums, which in my opinion it shouldn't.
    SkeleTin007 and Merek_Shadower like this.
  14. Lets be honest: mumble IMO sucks eggs and Discord is lief.

+10 Fadeds
  15. I don't think it would take activity away from the forums as you can't have a real time chat with someone, but it would be extra work for moderators as they would have to moderate chat on EMC and the forums and now a discord and I don't know too much about discord but I am not aware of any reporting buttons to certain people.
  16. Ah, that's another good point. Moderation could require a lot of work. And yeah, there's no easy way to report a post, except sending a screenshot to a mod, I guess.
  17. Bottom line, its a good idea, just not for this server =)
    FadedMartian and Sachrock like this.
  18. Now your using colored text? :p
    TheKutesyKiraboo likes this.
  19. When haven't I? xD
  20. Before I recommended it to you.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.