[Suggestion] - Add a Official EMC Discord (Added)

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by finch_rocks_1, Sep 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey,

Wondering if EMC could make an Official EMC Discord channel and add info on the Wiki like the mumble.

Let me know what you think...

~Finch
  2. I would like this extremely a lot, I haven't been around a lot but since I have I've been on around 3-4 discord servers that involve a lot of EMC players, making a official discord server would be tremendously useful for those who have it and it would make it more easier for people to get to know each other.

+1
    padde73, MissKells and ForeverMaster like this.
  3. +1
    I heard directly from Aikar that this probably won't happen because Discord lacks some key features that they should have, but I really do believe this could increase interaction between players. After all...
    FadedMartian4, UltiPig, 607 and 4 others like this.
  4. Here is Aikar's explanation for a past thread on why we've been sticking with Mumble:

5. This was what I was talking about, but I do have to disagree with the last two points.

I have installed Mumble and chatted with other EMC members there, but I uninstalled Mumble because I really just don't like it. It's not a question of whether or not people want to put the effort in, but it's more to do with preference. I found that Mumble was a lot more annoying to use than Discord, and pretty much everyone I know moved from Mumble to Discord after they realized that they liked Discord more.
    And so what if people don't want to install Mumble? That doesn't mean they're not likely to stay. It all just comes down to personal preference and what the players want to do.
    Gilixnub likes this.
  6. Another point I'm gonna make. Mumble stays inactive. We get a Discord, it MAY be active for a month or two, then it stops, except for events. It's a waste of time.
  7. Mumble you can only connect to one server.
    Discord, when you are on another channel, it will show when you are online in another... More active people.

Plus. Discord is also more text based then voice based than mumble.

Just coz its been suggested before, it can be suggested again if its been a while as staff could change their mind.

No need to be rude on suggestions that has been suggested before...

~Finch
  8. +1 I disagree with what most of Aikar said about Discord.

I personally find Mumble very clunky, and I use it exclusively for EMC.

Discord looks much, much nicer, and server management is very complex, with lots of options for roles, thereby able to create the tree management system Aikar desires in Mumble. It is also much better to simply get on and start chatting. It makes communication easier as a whole. I think an EMC discord has huge potential for the different text and voice channels.

tl;dr it's better
  9. But that's just speculation and you could be entirely wrong.
  10. I understand how mumble can be more flexible and have the better uses that EMC needs, but most people use discord and if there was a discord server I think that it would be easier to communicate and grow more as a community and get to know each other even better.
    Jay2a likes this.
  11. Make one then. I want you to make an EMC Discord, and then I want you to tell me what happens. It's been done before, it's been requested multiple times, and it never works. You're here beating the 2 year old rotting corpse of a dead horse
  12. EmpireMall, please be nice to others and talk in a respectful manner, we are only trying to strengthen the community more.
    Jay2a, Tuqueque, padde73 and 7 others like this.
  13. A plyaer made one is different then one thats Official and posted and talked about on the EMC site with information about it...

Its like that with anything... If you make your own mumble, wont be as good as the server one as its not official...
  14. This may not happen, but yall can add me at any time :) Eviltoade#2427

15. Do people know who I am? No. Do people care who I am? Probably not. Therefore, if I made a Discord server, nobody would join it.

If Aikar, on the other hand, made a Discord server, people would probably join it and use it. If he does it, it would actually be official, more people would trust it, and it would feel more like a part of EMC.

And you're still speculating. There's no proof anywhere that it will or will not be popular to have a Discord server, so making an argument in either direction isn't exactly right. I don't know what makes sure nobody would use an EMC Discord server, but it's been shown time and time again that people actually want to have one and that some people would rather use Discord than Mumble.
    [/rant]
    FadedMartian, 607 and Gilixnub like this.
  16. Add me and someone can make it happen

theaustin#4031
    padde73 likes this.
  17. Can't your requests are off
  18. Are they? Interesting, fixing
  19. I love discord. You can make sub pages like how they have it on mumble, but Mumble with all those sub pages just looks messy. You are only there to talk to people, don't need like 7 different channels. I think if we had discord a lot more people would use it. +1 from me
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.