[Suggestion] - Add a Official EMC Discord (Added)

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by finch_rocks_1, Sep 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. So what's stopping you from adding your friends on discord? EMC does not need an official discord to send a message.
  2. What if we all want an official EMC discord for the hell of it?
    BenMA, Carbonyx and Jay2a like this.
  3. I don't understand how you can be so against this. You see it as a waste of time, but if it makes things more convenient for those who actually want it, then it's useful
    NathanRP, 607, Carbonyx and 1 other person like this.
  4. Well see some of us have been waiting years for Dragon Tombs, and see this as yet another time consuming distraction that has been suggested, and denied, on MULTIPLE occasions.

Everything that anybody likes about Discord I guarantee you I can tell you is already possible. So no, I do not see it as anymore convenient than the current setup happens to be. Also, feel free to read above this.
  5. This is funny. You assume I haven't been waiting as long as you have? LMAO.

P.S. Krysyy herself said if it was up to her at the time she wouldn't have released it as early as it was.
    607, BenMA and Jay2a like this.
  6. You're kinda using Dragon Tombs as a red herring. They're not gonna happen any more
    Dragon Tombs were an announcement that was accidentally made earlier than the devs wanted, and now that dragons can be respawned, dragon tombs aren't really needed any more.

And who gives a crap if it's already possible? A lot of people prefer Discord over Mumble because they see it as better, and if they already have it, it's very convenient to them to have an official EMC discord to talk to others on EMC. By what you're saying, we don't need an official Mumble server either because this is already possible without it. It's there for convenience sake and to bring the community together. Not because we didn't have that option before
    NathanRP, 607, BenMA and 2 others like this.
  7. +1
    Discord seems better to me than mumble.
    Even if EMC gets a discord, that doesn't mean mumble would completely die. At that point, it would be up to the player which one they would want to use.
    FadedMartian3 likes this.
  8. Now forgive me if I'm wrong, however I'm pretty sure I was around when they announced Dragon Tombs, so I do not believe there is any way you could've waited longer than I could've, seeing as I'm less than 200 days older than you. Also, yes I'm aware of that. I've been around plenty long.

Ok, how about I use Empires? I'm not necessarily gonna disagree with your stance on dragon tombs, but it's still out there.

I'm using mumble as an exact reason for WHY we don't need an official discord. I think it's quite obvious Aikar understands it's all already possible. It's not anymore convenient to use Discord over mumble, except for you might save about a minute you'd need to download. That's it. Feel free to tell me anything else you find incredibly convenient about it, though.
    It basically has
  9. I have been on EMC on one of my accounts for 2234 days and on another (public-- FadedMartian2 for 1893)

So I was here in fact way before they had announced DT.
    BenMA likes this.
  10. You being here before is irrelevant. You can't wait for something before it's announced.
  11. You had made it sound like I hadn't been on EMC when they had announced Dragon Tombs. There for I pointed out that I was here before the announcement.
  12. Stop bringing other features into this. It doesn't make any sense and it's just distracting from the point of the thread. There's no way that Discord is incredibly useful, much the same that there's no way Mumble's incredibly useful. And like I said before, Discord vs Mumble is a personal preference thing. If people want to use Discord because they like it more than Mumble, then they should be able to use Discord.
    For the record: I've also been on EMC longer than the Dragon Tombs announcement. That was an incredible expectation that let down a ton of people. It's a lot different than Discord vs Mumble.
    And no, Discord isn't dead or dying. It's actually actively gaining in popularity. You're only saying it's dying to fuel your dying claim
  13. You say that as if I wasn't there to experience it as well?

Never said Discord is dying, I use it all the time. I said Mumble is dying, and anything else would've been a typo, at which point I would apologize.
  14. Did you guys consider that if there was an Offical EMC discord then the staff team would be obliged to look after it and constantly moderate it, so if there was a discord they would be looking after, In game, the forums, mumble and now a discord, and with there being no way to my knowledge to report people in discord it just seems like a lot of unessaary work for them.

The only thing which discord has that mumble doesn't is text channels, which would just become extremely dis-organised.
    607 likes this.
  15. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. I'm sorry, you want to try that again? You literally just invalidated your own argument...
  16. This seems to have deteriorated into a comparison contest and has served its purpose of letting staff know some people would prefer discord to mumble.

Aikar and Krysyy reviewed it 10 months ago, they will make any further comments if needed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.