[SUGGEST HERE] What do YOU want adding to the EMC site?

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by JackBiggin, Oct 13, 2013.

1. <--- Web Major ...It's actually easier than you think ...
    melk73, bloodra1n and Elysphic like this.
  2. Add a mojang status checker to the site.
    Elysphic likes this.
  3. If you have the necessary skills, yes.
    From what I understand, a job like that could take a good few weeks, and, if I'm guessing right, that's not Aikar's area of expertise, so we would have to hire in an expert from elsewhere, at further cost to EMC.
    The end result could be potentially slow, riddled with bugs to begin with, and overall, not as good as XenForo.

But, as usual, I could be wrong here, so feel free to enlighten me.
  4. Think adding more ranks would be good. As it is now, us 'Well known members' have no incentive to continue building our reputation. Perhaps more could be thought up? This would link in well if more trophies were added, with the rankings calculated not only by number of posts/likes but also of how many trophies you've earned.
  5. Replacing Xenforo with "pure HTML" would be a disaster.

Firstly, "pure HTML", meaning no PHP means no forums, no dynamic features, no wiki, and pretty much no nothing else. We'd be stuck with static content which is completely impossible to do anything with.

I'd take more than a couple of weeks to try to remake Xenforo, and doing so would be shooting ourselves with an arrow in the knee. Instead of being able to easily install extra Xenforo features, we'd have to code them all from scratch (Dragon Tombs, anyone?).

Plus why replace something that already works?
    mba2012 likes this.
  6. I would love to see more stuff on the wiki like what some of the supporter commands are
  7. As far as I know, all commands exclusive to supporter are there, just are on the respective page about their feature. They're marked with a supporter banner, so you know which parts are supporter only.

Although, a page for each supporter level, kinda like a "welcome to diamond, here's what you can do now!" thing would work.
    607 likes this.
  8. http://elitesapps.com/
    ^ I don't mean to offend, but to me that doesn't look like 'Web Major' material. I don't know very much about HTML, but even I could have made that :p
  9. Well, it is. It's 50% website and 50% in game.
  10. If you'd have read the text on that site... that's just a landing page until i can switch hosts ... my actual website is on my desktop
    Elysphic and kuraudochuu like this.

11. Did you not notice that on the page it says temporary landing page? he's changing it like he said
    kuraudochuu likes this.
  12. Yeah thats what i meant
  13. You and me haha
  14. A coding sub-forum. It's always good to educate others about coding, and it could even add potential options for new plugins for EMC. It would also help, because it would be nice to have a place to talk with others specifically about your code in case you needed help or if you wanted to show it off.
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  15. How about a cover photo. kinda like facebook.
  16. Seeing how EMC is not really about programming very much, it seems like that could be done much better in any of dozens of websites/forums specifically for programming as opposed to on a minecraft server.
  17. I'd like to be able to see previews of upcoming things coming to the empire.
    Such as the games world, and among other things.

Oh, and a player 'praises' where one player daily is shown on a little bar to be player of the day. ;3