[SUGGEST HERE] What do YOU want adding to the EMC site?

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by JackBiggin, Oct 13, 2013.

1. I was just thinking about it and - this might be too big a project like some of the other suggestions - a communal calendar with all events planned on it would be cool, as well as linking it to the alerts so if you choose to attend an event from the calendar, you'll be notified 10 minutes prior to it.
    bloodra1n and FDNY21 like this.
  2. Well, I don't think that having much money is good. It doesn't make you happy. Humans have the weird habit of wanting more when they have enough. When they get more they want even more. But sometimes it's good to just keep what you really need, and of course, some spare money to do something fun, and give money to people who really need it. Well, I could go on and on, but I think it's going to be a little off-topic:p I just don't think that it helps people to know that "I have the most money! Let's keep it like that" or "Oh, I'm so low on rupees, I must be a bad person", "What? They got more than me! Let's ask for donations!"
    DemonThunder345 likes this.
  3. Well alot of people I hear about are interested in who had the most money, only a suggestion:p
  4. Who every finished the Easy Voting tab on the Vote Now page is a genius. Total genius.
  5. Guess who... Jack
    607, gollark8 and wisepsn like this.
  6. It crashed my browser.
  7. being able to dig under small paths from about 10 blocks down.
  8. Small side effect of it being a WIP. I've got a fix, just need to implement it. :)
  9. Update the site... >.>

I have a heap of ideas for the site... so I might post them in another thread some time...

But, two ideas.

Be able to add two(or more) people into a PM

And, add a secondary wiki section for players to create pages. It can be done quite easily. But, it may have one or two little problems...
  10. Now's the perfect time. :p
  11. Now IS the perfect time...in this thread that is specifically for heaps of ideas for the site. :p
    bitemenow15 and mba2012 like this.
  12. I want 2 buttons on the page.

1- A WUPHF button hooked up to all of Aikars addresses. (Personal email, work email, cell phone, work phone, work network printer, fax, home phone, cable tv box, gtalk, Skype, IRC, mumble, ebay account, PS3, Xbox, wii, sega genesis, toaster, microwave, etc)

2- A poke button. Like Facebook. Only it's a counter. And, like at a wedding....but instead of kisses, Maxarias has to poke Aikar in the ribcage for the number of clicks.

Those are 2 very easy buttons. Hahahahahahaha
  13. From the bits of code ive seen on our wiki system, it will NOT be easy to create a "section" for player pages.

But honestly, we were not going for a wiki design overall, but more so a better platform for deploying content and maintaining it other than the huge amount of tech work involved in the other places.

We should of just got rid of the Wiki terminology everywhere heh
    mba2012 likes this.
  14. From my experience with the add-on you appear to be using, if you just lock every current page, then change normal member perms, we should be able to create pages. The problem is, I'm not sure if you can stop us from putting the pages under Empire Guide or something like that, but with a little change in code, it might work.

Although, you're likely using an old version of the wiki add-on, because EMC is running on basically version 1 of XF...
  15. I have an idea. Maybe after Well-Known Member there is Trusted, and Trusted can edit wiki pages? Just a thought. So then new members that are still new won't try and mess with it once they get on the empire maybe?
  16. I have a suggestion, and this could guarantee the ban appeal threads disappearing.

When a member gets banned, when they go on empireminecraft they get redirrected to the wiki page. http://empireminecraft.com/wiki/appeal/ It will ask if the member would like to appeal/dispute, and there would be a X symbol at the top right corner to go back to viewing the forums. This could stop confusion for players that do ban appeal threads.

The member would have the option to appeal or to continue using the forums.
    607 likes this.
  17. Stop stealing my miniupdates before I post them. >_>
    wisepsn likes this.
  18. WOAH I am psychic! Mastermind at its work :p
  19. Like reddit, typing /u/usernamehere sends a notification to the members forum notifications quoting what they were mentioned in and links to the member's account.

So for example, if someone was asking who offered building services on EMC, I could say:
    "/u/Eclipsys offers the best building services on the server."

It would look like:
    "Eclipsys offers the best building services on the server."

Where as someone could click "Eclipsys" and it would pull up his forum info (Like when you click a member's avatar) and Eclipsys would get a notification, so he could go to the post and reply to that thread to say his quote, services, etc.
    bloodra1n likes this.
  20. If/when we upgrade Xenforo, this'll be included Twitter style (Eg: @Electric_Hamster). :)
    mba2012 likes this.