{Suggesstion} Adding new ranks!

Discussion in 'The Suggestion Box' started by aletrisrex, May 23, 2022.

?

Which rank do you like?

Youtuber 3 vote(s) 50.0%
Community moderator 5 vote(s) 83.3%
Customer support 1 vote(s) 16.7%
Game supporter 2 vote(s) 33.3%
Site developer 2 vote(s) 33.3%
Game supporter 1 vote(s) 16.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. yea and since sefl no longer specializes in EMC streaming almost all EMC stream attention is gone... I truthfully think that they should get rid of the eighteen rule for that... I'm 15 and streamed EMC a couple times and got a couple to join.. I know others as well that can't join stream team due to age that are decently popular
  2. I don't think we could afford techno XD
    I think techno would be, gimme 10k and ill do it... lmao
    FadedMartian likes this.
  3. Hey now. We have a spectacular build team and contribution (wiki) team. I will not allow this slander of "all the other teams".

Example: The build team has already been working on something for Halloween for over a month (mid April). Looking at their list, they even have items checked off for their todo list. They do not start this early to get it done 6 months early and just await the date. But they start early so as to truly refine the work and allow for contributions from the whole team. I can count out 8 people that have been involved in that project in the mere month since the project has started. This example is not unique, and similar time and work is put into past halloween/winter/spring events. I am sorry that you have missed out on those in the years since you have last connected to EMC.

The wiki team is honestly so great as well. Just because there is not as much new stuff happening right now for them to document, does not diminish the impact they have as a team. Anytime new things are added, they immediately start discussing who will be updating what. And then it happens! The wiki truly is so full of information built up over the years, and I have no reason to believe that their new content has diminished in quality.

Beyond that, sure the stream team is dead in the water, but I would argue that it never really took off... beyond what Jack did as an individual. As for the liveliness of the staff teams, it is all relative. I wouldn't generalize the shortcomings of a few individuals as the entire team being decimated. Almost all team work is done out of the public's eye (both the community and staff teams). So only those with that perspective should really be making that take.

To everyone.
    If there is something specific that you think a team needs to be doing (that they are not) - I will listen to you. If appropriate, I will prod that team forward on such matters.
  4. I feel that the rule about stream team having a minimum age of 18 is kind of stupid? (no offence) but I'm 15, I've averaged about 15 views over the last couple months and have had peaks up to 57 and 62 with minimal decline, almost none are EMC members and they often want to join me with whatever I'm doing. I feel that there would be some benefit with making minimum age 13 or 14, being the age where they can get discord and unless their system is able, be able to stream on twitch or mixer (or whatever other streaming platform).
  5. streamer can young as 7 i think.
  6. agreed. and emc is dying as well....
    we need streamer to bring up new ppl
  7. No. That is against most streaming services terms of service...

I will bring it up to the SrStaff+ team
  8. I was thinking more of discord, its age is 13...
  9. thank u chicken =D
    FadedMartian likes this.
  10. i totally agree with chicken, the stream team, for the most part, never took off with the exception of when the legendary hamster was grinding out content. outside of the stream team, the build and contribution team are amazing :)
    HazardousCode and VoidDistortion like this.
  11. I think the one thing you’re all missing if you want to get influencers here is $$$. As having a degree in business and marketing, I can hands down tell you nobody is going to come to “get a rank”. EMC would need to pay hundreds to thousands of dollars (that we don’t have) to do that, hence why I will continue to stand by google / social media advertising being the most cost effective method with guaranteed results.
  12. thats what I had mentioned with w1ther bringing up techno, to get him on here and advertise EMC would take the kind of money the EMC owners don't really have...
    w1therkitten likes this.
  13. how about we call funds on funding webstile about rennovate emc? We would have cash from investors, and we will use these cash to revamp everything and spronsorship
    how about cash from funding webstiles (aka investors)
  14. ... thats... not how money... works?
    You need to show to investors that you can make the money back... as of current, EMC would go into severe financial debt b/c of investors... lmao
    XendorDawnburst likes this.
  15. Not to mention when you let someone invest in something, you typically give them a percentage of the company, so profits would be even lower.
    McAwesome_09 likes this.
  16. Having served multiple years on the contribution team I second all of that. I was referring to the sizes of the teams, not the quality or output of their work. It wasn't even a critical comment just more of a funny observation lol
    HazardousCode and UltiPig like this.
  17. how about get funds from bank?
  18. ok heres the thing. You. Still. Have. To. Pay. Back. The. Bank. Plus. Intrest.
    HazardousCode likes this.
  19. pain :/
  20. Your suggestion thread lacks the word (suggestion) for the title. Makes it sound like you are announcing new ranks, which you are not.

Self was StreamTeam. Krysyy wanted a particular style of video and following certain criteria.

In order to have an official Stream title you have to follow the rules of EMC and nearly be a moderator at the same time. Those criteria plus getting the expected video-style ironed out may take a bit of staff time and won't likely come out in the hurry that you expect.

It might be interesting to have some videos made to try to apply for it. But that is above my pay grade.
    HazardousCode likes this.