SoulPunisher, signing out.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by SoulPunisher, Dec 27, 2017.

1. So, I got banned. This post was typed up long before that. I made some edits to it last night when I got put on mod watch. But yeah - I'm banned. I'm not appealing, because as I explain below; I deserve it. I'm not sure what post I've made in the past day it was that actually got me banned, since I didn't really make any with malicious intent that the ban reason 'trolling' implies, but yeah. I deserve it. I'm not contesting that.

On the 8th February, 2012, when I was eleven years old, my friend in class asked if I wanted to play Minecraft with him. I obliged, and logged on that night. The rest, as they say, is history. I've recounted my time on this website and this server many times before, and I don't feel like I need to do it again. I'll keep my leaving thread short and simple.

Sooo... yeah, awkward. I should probably say why I think it's time for me to go - and, admittedly, a few months earlier than originally planned.

The first reason, and also the biggest, is that I have important exams rapidly approaching in May. I don't want to repeat the mistakes I made during my GCSEs that added onto the stress (wasting time here rather than revising), so this was coming anyway. Cutting down activity isn't enough. Any time that isn't already eaten up by school, revision, reddit, YouTube, and my friends is get allocated for... more revision. That includes EMC.

The second reason is that this website just... bores me. I haven't actively played Minecraft, and thus on the server, for two or three years now. For the past year, it's felt like a chore to log in and check in. I cut my time down here in April 2016 so I could focus on my exams, and when they were over I planned to return to normal activity levels, but I just couldn't do it. Since I left the contribution team the August of the same year, there's been nothing keeping me here, hence my carefree attitude to everything that I'll explain in the next reason.

Reason number three: I am a toxic member of this very nice, tight-knit community. I am here, pretty much, solely to post inflammatory comments and post rude stuff to people I have mild disagreements with, because that's how I get my fun off this site. I do enjoy the community, but I don't feel like that's the biggest part of why I come here. But as long as 'trolling' (I hate using that word lol) that's part of why I come here, I don't deserve to be here. When there's nothing much to keep you here, the ban threats off the staff mean nothing. And that's why I have to go.

First of all, in no particular order, some thank yous.

mba2012 - My first proper internet friend, who I met here. Thanks for the five years of friendship. hmu on Skype later. love u

nfell2009 - My second proper internet friend, who I also met here. Thanks for the weird summer of 2012 beef and the five years of friendship. u the realest. hmu on Skype later too. love u

Jake_Bagby - Third proper internet friend. Thanks for the five years of friendship (we'll just ignore those several weeks of not appearing smh). hmu on Skype later. love u

zulu9 and everyone in the LLO - Thanks for the awesome outpost and the memories I've made in it. You guys have something amazing and I hope the LLO continues to go strong for years to come.

607 - You were a good ear for the girl stuff. I know in the end I absolutely sucked at reciprocating that favour, but I hope that for a time, I was helpful to you. You're also one of the longest playing members I know here, having stuck around for four years, which is pretty cool too. Thanks for the forum games :p May you and Piwi reign for years to come on the highest-posting members list.

TomvanWijnen - Also one of the longest playing members I know here. Thanks for the status comments and competition on the highest posting list that I totally lost :p

Most of the Staff - for creating this truly amazing place and helping to maintain it. Also for putting up with my stupid BS and giving me more chances than I deserve. love u

To anyone who I forgot/The Community in general - thank you for the almost six years of... friendship(?), boredom-killing, laughs, everything, that you have provided me. I hope this community exists for many years to come and you all have some pretty cool lives.

And most of all, I'm sorry to anybody I've offended. Or whoever will be hurt by me getting banned, for whatever reason.

So... this is the end of the road for me. I might check in occasionally on this account, if the staff would be so kind as allow me to do so. But, if they don't, and definitely for now; this is where I get off. Goodbye. I hope you all have a great 2018 (I think I might, not sure), and thank you so much for the past five years. I'll miss ya.

Yours sincerely,
    SoulPunisher.
  2. May light favor your sword.
  3. Good post. Thank you. :)

I'll admit, when I got to the 'in no particular order' part, I couldn't help myself but to skim downwards to see if I was in there... and felt relieved to see I was. :)
    I'd like to be able to contact you still. I might not often send you a message, but I don't want to be cut off completely either. I could @ you on Twitter if I lose contact, but I'm not sure if you'd appreciate that... I had to remove my other tweet. :p

This is the end of this message... I'm keeping it short, for a change. :)
  4. Keep the posts okay and you're more than welcome to check in from time to time on this alt account. I'm sad to see that you reached the point that you did, but with 2018 around the corner, this is a good opportunity for you to restructure your life around perhaps not trolling to have fun. Find a hobby, talk to that girl, and have a good life. You deserve to be happy and to find something that makes you that way!
  5. I would like to disagree with you about that "toxic member" part, you don't need to be that negative about yourself (I know saying that to people with a negative self-image doesn't help, but I do it anyway). Really, I actually quite like the way you replay to things, it usually actually made me laugh, not be mad about you or anything. I actually don't understand why you'd banned, to be fairly honest, I beleve I have read most of the threads that could have anything written in it that could cause that (I bairly come in the auction section, and such, but I don't think it was the, was it?) Yes, indeed, you quite often are negative about things, but that isn't a bad thing. Some people tend to think they have right on constant positivity. But, with me being about the only person in my circle of friends that isn't depressed, I know that that just is not true. The problem is that when everybody is always nice to you, you don't develop. Negative feedback is the best feedback you can possibly have if you want to get better at something, at least for the most people I know in real life.
    The other thing I think some people don't like is how you tended to just answer the question/whatever in the title of the thread "think before you type" "no". For the people that don't like that: It's just a different type of humor, learn to accept it. It's not rude, try to not be offended as easyly.
    I don't think anything I typed above will do anything, but I'll just keep it here for the good measure.

Goodbye soul, even though you say you won't, you will be missed.
  6. And yours too.
    To you, or to anyone that wishes to maintain contact with me: here's my Twitter (the stuff I retweet isn't EMC-appropriate so apologies if linking that breaks any rules), and here's my Tumblr (it's kinda new I need to edit the desktop theme don't call me out on that pls). I'd prefer Tumblr DMs if you have that, but either one is fine :p
    Thank you very much. I'll be sure to talk to her :p (will also probably update when/if we meet up in March because EMC has helped me a ton with her and it'll be nice to do that I guess lol)
    Equinox_Boss, _Devuu__, 607 and 2 others like this.
  7. Man. It's sad to see anyone go, nevermind someone who's been around as long as you have. I do confess I never properly got to know you or even have more than a 3 minute conversation. Ignoring that, from what I saw you always seemed like a decent guy.

Hey, everyone makes mistakes. Who cares right, it's part of being human lol! Best wishes for the future, hope to see you on ever so often in the future! Have a good one man.

-Matt

[EDIT] Gave you a cheeky follow on Twitter ;)
    Equinox_Boss, AltPunisher and Jelle68 like this.
  8. Ah, Tumblr. That's what I used to contact Lasluin since she left. :) Fine!
    Equinox_Boss and AltPunisher like this.
  9. I never saw you in game but I hate seeing people leave especially when they write long paragraphs, cya
  10. First of all, thank you for this post. I'm glad my posts made you laugh; that's always been my intention. If I actually intend to do anything close to offending someone, it'll be with posts like the ones I put in Finch's leaving thread. Making someone laugh, even if after a while I thought it was just me blowing air out of my nose after I'd read it after typing it, is 99.99% of the time the reason why I would ever make a post that could potentially be perceived as rude. So, again, thank you for seeing it this way :p

However, I'd ask that you don't defend my writing of that in that thread. While yes, it was done as a joke, and I don't think it was rude in that context, it absolutely was innapropriate and its removal was justified (I actually wrote something else first and then edited it to 'no', which I forgot :p).

I've seen you here for a very long time too. Don't mess it up like me :p

And aye I see u, followed back
  11. Sad to see you leave. :(

You never did show me that image where you edited someones face into the head of a spoon.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  12. Or boy.
    FadedMartian and Equinox_Boss like this.
  13. Good luck in life! :D We hope to see you again!
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  14. Nah, she's referring to a very specific girl.
    thank ye
  15. I totally forgot about this. Damn.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  16. SoulPunisher we meet again. Sad to see you go though. I hope that 2018 may bring you many joys and opportunities.
    Equinox_Boss and AltPunisher like this.
  17. Later.
    Equinox_Boss and Roslyn like this.
  18. Sad story, kinda sad seeing this happen.

guess we'll never get to see the next cartoons/comics you drew :(

hope all goes well!
    Equinox_Boss, 607 and AltPunisher like this.
  19. luv u soul <3 cant wait for friday!!
  20. One last bump before I log out for some time.
    Equinox_Boss and 607 like this.