SMP8 Public Wild Utilities

Discussion in 'Frontier and Player Outposts' started by khixan, Jun 16, 2015.

?

SMP8 wants ???

XP Grinders 145 vote(s) 46.0%
Iron Farm 63 vote(s) 20.0%
Gold Farm 52 vote(s) 16.5%
Guardian Farm 39 vote(s) 12.4%
Other (leave in comments) 16 vote(s) 5.1%
  1. This sucks! Friggin black hole of chunky death :( I am so mad at myself for being so stupid. And all the work on the squid farm gone! All that water and time I put in is gone. Depleted.

EDIT: I am out of the black hole of death and alive in town right now. But I am still mad (A bit)
    Tuqueque likes this.

2. We all can relate to this.
  3. The water is easy to put back whenever we can. Nothing in the build is ruined.
    Tuqueque and khixan like this.
  4. Oh agent_creeper, so full of jokes xD
  5. Try updating to 1.8.7, I heard reports the dead chunk isnt dead if you're up to date on your minecraft. Also the 3rd iron farm is almost complete! All that is left is water issues in the spawn area. Everything else works. I volunteer khixan for the water duty XD. Jk jk. I'll finish tomorrow I guess.
    Tuqueque, khixan and UltiPig like this.
  6. Kat (georgeashington) was using 1.8.7 when she got sucked into the vortex of doom last night. So it does not appear to be a MC version issue either. As you linked in convo ScrOcraft, it's a Mojang bug. The documented fix was to remove the offending blocks through code or worldedit, but removing them manually hopefully has the same exact impact. I'm headed back out there now. Hope for the best!
    Tuqueque and Kephras like this.
  7. Removing the water has solved the crashing issue. We're decorating and making safety stuff, access paths, stairs, etc.
    Pic of the Squid Of Doom farm without its water.

Thanks to corruptedsmile, MrCDub, ScrOcraft, H00D, Agent_Creeper, Ultimamaxx, ShyguyTheGamer1, FriendyPig, codygraw101, Zyrugite, and anyone I am forgetting at this moment (please remind me!) for all the awesome work out at the Squid Farm!

We will finish the build and add the water back at the very very end. Everyone pray. Also, there is a small but extremely productive slime chunk area at this farm also. Thank you!
  8. Sushi Drop was griefed tonight. Many thanks to MrCDub, AverageWalrus, and SeffyChan for making repairs. Thank you Baradar for dealing with the griefer. Lots of weird little damages, rail, beds, clay pots/flowers, carpet, etc. Very strange.

Thank you all for handling this while I was out at Squid Farm!!!
  9. ugg and ty for repairs
  10. I wish I could help, but I am away from my computer for a week. Good Luck building the squiddy farm! :)
  11. I think to protect builders, I think we need a list of approved people who can mess with our system. Just to avoid friendly fire when mods try to decipher who griefed and who was trying to improve our system. I'd hate for anyone to get falsely accused, be sad, and trying to go through stressful appeal when they love Empire. It's been nice though, the griefs have all been manageable right? Just a little effort to keep public system alive and well.
    Tuqueque, khixan, Dufne and 1 other person like this.
  12. I agree with Pepper, just in case someone was trying to improve something or trying to accomplish something, they do not get banned for it and go through the process of an appeal. :D
    Tuqueque and Sgt_Pepper4 like this.
  13. To the grinders, sushi drop, and nether hunting grounds, they have been griefed. I did take photos. And I believe 3 different ppl got banned for those 3 different utilities. Then just now the iron farm got a checkup form Uber and it wasn't serious so we will let the guy off with a warning. But another job done by Shy the Griefer Hunter. Also the repair team will have to fix up the 3 mentioned above. Thanks!
    Tuqueque, khixan and Codygraw like this.
  14. Oh crap the nether is griefed? I'll head on over
    Tuqueque likes this.
  15. Bring glass, and ender chest, and an anvil
    Tuqueque likes this.
  16. Just realized we can use iron farm to supply anvils to other projects lol
  17. I wonder if staff likes what we are trying to accomplish.
    Tuqueque likes this.
  18. There is a list of builders and donators on the first post of this thread. I need to update for the Squid Farm. Haven't done that yet since it's not finished. Is that what you're thinking of Pepper, or something else? Thx, good idea!
  19. Well maybe I should learn to read XD. Though I do just go to the last page of this thread to see what's new.
    Tuqueque likes this.
  20. Well there was a griefing at iron farm. but we got it taken care of now. I think we'll need quite a few ender chests to replace stolen ones.
    Tuqueque likes this.