SMP8 Public Wild Utilities

Discussion in 'Frontier and Player Outposts' started by khixan, Jun 16, 2015.

?

SMP8 wants ???

XP Grinders 145 vote(s) 46.0%
Iron Farm 63 vote(s) 20.0%
Gold Farm 52 vote(s) 16.5%
Guardian Farm 39 vote(s) 12.4%
Other (leave in comments) 16 vote(s) 5.1%
  1. This all looks great!

Could I just have a bit of info on if and which farms are afk - or if you know of any others - as I'm looking for afk farms to use with alts
    Tuqueque likes this.
  2. I am here to bring bad news. Yesterday the nether farms were grieved again. I have photos of the damage but sadly lost them when the computer shut down on me. The first one I saw was a few nether bricks and nether brick stairs missing. But the second one, there were no fences on the corner of the hunting grounds and it was a safety hazard and I almost died and fell in lava because of it. But with luck I made it to a slabbed platform. I had to have highlancer54 save me. The matter was handled, still have no idea who was the one who grieved. But I was the one who reported it. It is fixed and now safe to hunt again! Thanks to whoever fixed it.
    Tuqueque and khixan like this.
  3. Thank you ShyGuy for getting highlancer yesterday :) Thank you SparkleRose and crazy_x_gamer for periodically checking on all the public farm builds. For all those who have invested their time taking care of these builds, especially those who weren't part of the build teams, THANK YOU. You make me so happy :)

This is what all the builders/donators (and there are a boatload of them!) were hoping for when we created these. Places for the community to come together and enjoy, and to care for, take responsibility for them, and to look after them. I feel really blessed to have found emc, and very proud to play here with you all. Thanks for being awesome everyone :)

MrMazeRunner, I have a strong opinion on NOT doing any of the public builds AFK style. You're not going to find that at these builds. The exception - There is an iron farm that Pepper has been working on right outside Wild N. To the best of my knowledge, that build is incomplete at this time though it does function (1 unit is up and working last I heard). Please contact Sgt_Pepper4 on that if you are interested. He is leading that development along with all the roads he made for those who prefer to ride their horses to the Grinders/SushiDrop. I think the roads also still need boat underpasses for those who like to ride boats out.

For those who have contacted me wanting to help or donate on the public builds
    There is a donation chest on my 1st res as soon as you tp into it. Sgt_Pepper4 may have one too, but I need to ask him that. Thank you all :)

Materials for Maintenance (or expanding storage rooms, etc)
    Items such as rail, iron, stone, leaves, wood, torches, pumpkins. We don't need a ton on this. I think the only thing we are short on at the moment is rail and some nether brick. Kephras donated rupees towards purchasing rail, and there is a 7000 balance still left from that donation. I think we are in good shape with this.

Iron Farm
    Needs to be updated from Sgt_Pepper4. I will ask him and edit this post with that. Off the top of my head, egged villagers.

Gold Farm
    Obsidian and wood. Did I mention obsidian? For those who keep clamoring for this build, OBSIDIAN. lol :D

Squid Farm
    This may be the next build. I think we have most of what we need to make it already. Wood, torches, and rail seem to be the things we run out of most often on these builds. I have a location in mind for this near Slime Time, but it has one downside - ice. The water will freeze if we don't light it up extremely well. Lots of lighting will be needed to put it there.

Thank you everyone!
    Tuqueque, Codygraw and kaptrix like this.
  4. Yeah I broke the iron farm in hope I'd make it awesomer. Anyone know how to make it work again? Then we can work on expanding the facility with iron farms like 60-80 blocks away.
  5. I did move the villagers down one block to create a floor that didnt spawn iron golems in the villager container. So I'm going to spend 550r to re-egg them to move them up a block. It might be the problem with the farm, the last bug I can see that might be breaking the farm.
  6. The farm was broke cause the villagers were one block off from being considered a village, thus not spawning iron golems. sigh. It's fixed folks. Sorry I broke it. Just trying to make it faster.
  7. Work can begin expanding the iron farm, since it now works
    Tuqueque likes this.
  8. I guess the original rate has returned of a stack an hour
    Tuqueque likes this.

9. It's alive!!!!
  10. Operation Make Keph Have Kittens began today. We're building a squid farm :D Stayed tuned for more updates!

11. I've tried kitten before. Too fuzzy.
    Tuqueque, Sgt_Pepper4 and khixan like this.
  12. Everyone look out for [removed]. A new person to empire, I saw him or her, tearing up /nether. And other parts of the farm I suspect this person damaged also. I fixed it the best I can. I think the spawn areas are intact. I told them to stop and they did and handed me a few supplies he or she tore down. Then dc'd. So if you see more damage contact staff immediately and dont touch anything. If you see [them] keep an eye on him or her. Since he or she is a day old I'll just be nice and assume they didnt know better.

Staff edit: Please remember to seek out a moderator if you suspect someone of something, it's not okay to accuse them on the forums :)
  13. Wow, to almost all of these farms, I have banned 5 griefers in 3 days span. That is bad! Thank you dub for #ShytheGrieferHunter and I love it. The one above, was banned due to a report from me to eviltoade. Thank you Sgt for looking out for the hunting grounds. And I would like the job as Griefer hunter on this "team" you got going on khix! Like if you want me in that position! Look at those statistics up there!
    Tuqueque, khixan and DubChef like this.
  14. Lol Shy you can be the unofficial sheriff of the public utilities. I guess /nether and the iron farm are my babies lol. So I take care of them as best I can. It works again by the way. I am right now getting iron, for no reason what so ever.
    Tuqueque, khixan and DubChef like this.
  15. I'm with that :p
    Tuqueque, kaptrix and khixan like this.
  16. My Reaction...

Tuqueque, khixan and Codygraw like this.
  17. Anyone want to help expand the iron farm? I already got like 70 blocks in one direction stoned and ready to go.
  18. Well I'd say Farm B is in beta. It works just there maybe a water block it gets stuck on and freezes the farm. I 'll keep looking at it and soon it'll be totally operational.
    Tuqueque likes this.
  19. I think I put 4 hours into this, so... now it's on the record
  20. The Squid Files
    We'd tried several different designs. We even made a "fishtank" full of source water blocks. No squid. The EMC Squid appears to be an elusive and shy creature whose behavior has changed over version releases. Everyone else had left the build for the night. By gods, we were going to have squid here and I was determined! I tinkered with the MotherSquid design by DocM and JL. I got up to 72 water source blocks, and then, the magic began to happen. First I found 3 ink sacs on the ground when I hopped off the build to retrieve some fallen materials. Then I began to see them! The squid have come! Only a quarter of this build is done, but I have 18 ink sacs in 16 minutes. Muahaha! Let. There. Be. SQUID!