SMP8 Public Wild Utilities

Discussion in 'Frontier and Player Outposts' started by khixan, Jun 16, 2015.

?

SMP8 wants ???

XP Grinders 145 vote(s) 46.0%
Iron Farm 63 vote(s) 20.0%
Gold Farm 52 vote(s) 16.5%
Guardian Farm 39 vote(s) 12.4%
Other (leave in comments) 16 vote(s) 5.1%
  1. Although we need a gold farm, I'd say that we should make a Squid farm. It will be easy to make Pris.Bricks. =P
    Tuqueque, Kephras and khixan like this.
  2. Wow! The slime time is nicer than expected. Thanks for building the snow farm, it has helped so much for my residence. :)
    Tuqueque and khixan like this.
  3. I love the idea of a gold or ink farm. I will be happy with either of those two. Also, I would love to help with the resource gathering :D
  4. As if you didn't have enough on your plate already...
    And you hardly even need to ask this tiger. *ink ink ink ink ink! <3*
    Tuqueque, Deadmaster98 and khixan like this.
  5. So apparently the rail from the public grinder has been griefed partially some redstone torches, and even been flooded in one section i filled in the flooded area, but i didnt have time to fix the rest
    Tuqueque likes this.
  6. a lot of the regular torches along the rail are missing also
    Tuqueque likes this.
  7. As a bit of advice, I'd advise on not publicly posting the coordinates in case griefers are on the forums. Instead, give out vague hints of where the farm might be and how to get there.

Byeforeverthe2nd has public farms that haven't really been griefed because he doesn't publicly post coordinates. :)

Also, I will help out on the next farm! :D
    Tuqueque, khixan and Codygraw like this.
  8. I'm sad to hear these were griefed :( You guys put a lot of hard work into them and it shows! They look fantastic!
  9. Thanks for letting me know H00D and for fixing what you could fix. I'll be on in about an hour or so. Did anyone report this to the mods yet or do I need to contact them after I log on? Thank you!
    Tuqueque likes this.
  10. agreed,chris & I's nether home was sadly griefed.
    Tuqueque likes this.
  11. I haven't reported anything and as soon as I saw the damage I began repairs but had to go to work
    Tuqueque likes this.
  12. -_- ok .... i will make a private 1 4 myself latter
    Tuqueque likes this.
  13. total accident the damage was from accidental digging into one of our chambers. Khixan found missing parts in a chest at the end of the rail.
    Tuqueque likes this.
  14. I can't believe someone took a beacon from Sushi Drop that said "Griefer Bait." lol.
    Tuqueque and Dufne like this.
  15. Everything is all fixed now, thank you H00D and Agent! I have put a beacon of mine out there and locked it. corrupted's griefer bait thing was funny, but I'm choosing to forgo the hassle of fixing the floor again.

crazy_x_gamer, there is already a public nether fortress farm/hunting ground for wither skellies, blazes, magma cubes and pigmen. It's on the first page first post :) If you mean a fully automatic afk style wither skellie farm, I won't build one of those for a public utility. The afk farms too often cause fights and drama when they are public builds. Make a private one if that's what you want please.

Dwight dealt with the griefer/thief out at Sushi Drop. Thank you Dwight!

P.S. No I do not know who it was. I never ask; not my business.
    Tuqueque and Kephras like this.
  16. goldfarm is a project i would love to be in charge ok i already started 1
  17. Just an fyi that people are adding things to the nether farm that is making it unsafe and also building "safe houses" right in the middle of the spawning area.
    Tuqueque, khixan and DubChef like this.
  18. Kat, please report this to the mods. I had already spoken to Utlra_Warrior and Trex_Bohl about this behavoir and told them it is not allowed and that they would be reported. I know some of the younger players think they are building blanket and pillow forts out there, but that's not safe or ok. And at this point since they've been spoken to about several times, it is just plain griefing. Thank you much.
    Tuqueque, DubChef and kaptrix like this.
  19. Okay, just didn't want to mess with it and get accused of griefing.
    Tuqueque, khixan and DubChef like this.
  20. The nature of the group builds turned into public farms can cause confuzzlement on that for sure. Why does everyone contact me? Because I made this thread and wrote EVERYONE's names down who worked on each project lol :D My rule of the universe is proven - No Good Deed Goes Unpunished :p
    Tuqueque likes this.